News NRL market watch: Cronulla Sharks agree player swap deal with Canterbury Bulldogs for Connor Tracey

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gus tweeted about it. I think he did it the other day at Sharks training. Don't know what the specific injury is but it doesn't seem serious at this stage. Still, as I said, not an ideal start for a new signing with his injury history..
Seems odd that we'd sign someone with a serious injury when we pulled out of signing that guy from England for the same reason? You'd hope it's not as serious as some have thought?

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I've got a feeling the Tracey signing could have something to do with Addo-Carr being granted a release...
Luai I hope we don't touch, I would much prefer Deardon but obviously we are going to make some sort of offer to him.
If Luai is to happen I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if Burton is the player to make way, Probs back to Penrith or sharks have freed up a little coin and if I remember correctly it was out of us and cronulla when he left Penrith....

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
SEN reported this morning that he tweaked his calf in his last training session with the Sharks.

As calves can be tricky, I'm sure they will err on the side of caution and I'm guessing that Gus telling us its a 6 week lay off is worst case scenario.

Bulldogs recruit Connor Tracey suffered a leg injury in his final training session with the Sharks and will be unable to train with his new team-mates for six weeks.

Canterbury GM of football Phil Gould revealed on social media that Tracey would not start running until mid-January after suffering the injury before his switch of clubs was finalised on Tuesday.

"Unfortunately Connor injured himself at Sharks training on Monday. Not ideal. But we will get him 100% right and he should be ready to trial in February," Gould said. "He can play anywhere in the backline."

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Everyone says on the socials we can't go a week without embarrassing ourselves it's almost twice a week now
Weez gonna have to suck it up a bit longer yet :grinning:

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems odd that we'd sign someone with a serious injury when we pulled out of signing that guy from England for the same reason? You'd hope it's not as serious as some have thought?
A 6 week injury is hardly a serious injury

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
SEN reported this morning that he tweaked his calf in his last training session with the Sharks.

As calves can be tricky, I'm sure they will err on the side of caution and I'm guessing that Gus telling us its a 6 week lay off is worst case scenario.

Bulldogs recruit Connor Tracey suffered a leg injury in his final training session with the Sharks and will be unable to train with his new team-mates for six weeks.

Canterbury GM of football Phil Gould revealed on social media that Tracey would not start running until mid-January after suffering the injury before his switch of clubs was finalised on Tuesday.

"Unfortunately Connor injured himself at Sharks training on Monday. Not ideal. But we will get him 100% right and he should be ready to trial in February," Gould said. "He can play anywhere in the backline."
Name a more Bulldogs thing though! Sign a bloke who gets injured before he gets here, at this stage you can only chuckle.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A 6 week injury is hardly a serious injury
As I said, I don't even know about the injury. Just saw someone mention it. So it's only 6 weeks? Not the best start but not that bad at the same time

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
People don't believe we have a foolish fan base? Ladies and gentlemen, I give you exhibit a.
If averillo signes with us he would be spruiked as the next best centre but because he’s left us the narrative will be ‘he is shit anyway’
Anyiem who leaves us is ‘shit anyway!’

AFB will be ‘shit and overrated’ if he turns us down.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I've got a feeling the Tracey signing could have something to do with Addo-Carr being granted a release...
Luai I hope we don't touch, I would much prefer Deardon but obviously we are going to make some sort of offer to him.
If Luai is to happen I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if Burton is the player to make way, Probs back to Penrith or sharks have freed up a little coin and if I remember correctly it was out of us and cronulla when he left Penrith....
Burton is going no where FMD
If we were to sign Luai he would play 7. He has handled it before and is obviously a better player now.
Deardon failed as a 7, he is a running 6 hence why they have experienced 7 in Townsend running the show

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we were to sign Luai he would play 7. He has handled it before and is obviously a better player now.
Deardon failed as a 7, he is a running 6 hence why they have experienced 7 in Townsend running the show
Agree, I love Tom Deardon as a bloke know his family well, but he's not an organising 7, never has been.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As I said, I don't even know about the injury. Just saw someone mention it. So it's only 6 weeks? Not the best start but not that bad at the same time
calf injury, should be fine once players come back after Christmas break

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deardon definitely ain't a #7

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Exceptional running 6
Cows havnt tried to change that
When Townsend is moved on, most likely after next year, it's likely Deaden will transition into a 7.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If averillo signes with us he would be spruiked as the next best centre but because he’s left us the narrative will be ‘he is shit anyway’
Anyiem who leaves us is ‘shit anyway!’

AFB will be ‘shit and overrated’ if he turns us down.
Really is that what you think or you having a dig at bulldogs supporters?
I know south supporters don’t like us so it makes scenes what you’re saying.