News NRL market watch: Bulldogs, Dragons lead chase for Jarome Luai, Addin Fonua-Blake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not a Luai fan. Alongside a good organising half he's ok. I don't think he'd provide the direction that his price would warrant.

But the club's making the call on all this. I still won't be surprised if AFB is announced despite the article saying we're not chasing him. I'm just not keen to get worked up over potential signings. I see far too many fans here crack a hissy fit when a rumoured signing doesn't come to fruition. So I'm glad when we announce a good signing, but never expecting them.

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No offer been made it would have been on fox sports news nothing yet still saying tigers are favourites for him

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Also saying he could be a 7. Gees I don’t know, what I’ve watched he’s long kicking game is terrible. A 7 needs to be able to polish off a set with pin point kicking, Luai goes matches without even kicking the ball wtf is this shit.
Thats because Cleary always takes the kicks.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Happy to bag Averillo but when it's Burton the script is flipped? :tearsofjoy:
If you think they are in the same league then enough said.

Ones had a few years in first grade and done fuck all.

Ones made origin, kangaroos and won a premiership.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah the leniu one is a head scratcher, seemed the ideal target for our position. Someone posted on here that the Roosters did rooster stuff to get him over there last minute.
Apparently Leniu' s manager is a Roosters supporter.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes i can but im worried about tigers and whens the announcement theres nothing breaking on the news
I can’t do that to you. Don’t worry aboutFox Sports, it’s been reported elsewhere.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A 5 year deal for Luai is a bad deal for the club and there’s nothing anyone can say to convince me otherwise.
If we’re aiming to sign him as a 7 that’s ridiculous for an unproven primary playmaker.
If we’re aiming to sign him as a 6 that’s even dumber and a panic move that’s not needed

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thats because Cleary always takes the kicks.
I know, and the games Cleary was absent I thought Luai kicking game wasn’t to the required level. I like he’s short kicking, attacking situations just not he’s long game

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know, and the games Cleary was absent I thought Luai kicking game wasn’t to the required level. I like he’s short kicking, attacking situations just not he’s long game
I don't want us to sign him . . . But his running game would be something we haven't had for a while

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No offer been made it would have been on fox sports news nothing yet still saying tigers are favourites for him
You'll know if it's happening if Luai announces he won't be re-signing with Penrith. Just like it played out with Crichton

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A 5 year deal for Luai is a bad deal for the club and there’s nothing anyone can say to convince me otherwise.
If we’re aiming to sign him as a 7 that’s ridiculous for an unproven primary playmaker.
If we’re aiming to sign him as a 6 that’s even dumber and a panic move that’s not needed
So what do u want the club to do….rely on Sexton to steer us around the park or wait for a junior to be ready in 5 years?

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes i can but im worried about tigers and whens the announcement theres nothing breaking on the news
Joel I hope u have a good cardiologist because seriously u are going to burst a blood vessel with your high level of anxiety…everything will be known real soon…in the meantime get off the kennel for a few days and relax

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So what do u want the club to do….rely on Sexton to steer us around the park or wait for a junior to be ready in 5 years?
[/QUOTE

I want to the club to show more urgency around where we have obvious deficiencies in the front row. Our halves won’t be able to do a thing with a forward pack that gets dominated every week. Don’t want to hear about the market being limited as well, Gus is being paid well, figure it out. There are options we’ve already missed out on.

And yeah I’d rather we see what we have with current halves then spend crazy long term money on a player I have serious doubts will succeed outside of the Panthers system. If you think signing a temperamental predominantly running five eighth as our primary playmaker for the next 5 years is the way to go then good luck to you. I think it’s a crazy risk to take that could set us back even further

Status
Not open for further replies.