News NRL contract news: Bulldogs star Jake Averillo reveals how Wayne Bennett lured him to Dolphins

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talking of Burton. Do you think Gould's interest and pursuit of Luai is an admittance Burton has failed?

Both Luai and Burton are left foot kickers, exclusively left side players, their strengths are the running games (Burton's bomb kills his running game), both are followers and neither are leaders.

Luai is so important to Penrith. They win so many games without Cleary. It's not Luai who directs them it's O'Sullivan or Cogger.

As for Averillo. He will thrive in a much different environment and a club despite being one year old is far more settled on and off the field.
Not sure - but it should be.
I honestly think 2024 is Burton's last in the halves. Persisting with him will cost people their jobs.

Just admit you took a chance that most other clubs would have done at the time, but move on. Flogging the dead horse won't change its ways

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure - but it should be.
I honestly think 2024 is Burton's last in the halves. Persisting with him will cost people their jobs.

Just admit you took a chance that most other clubs would have done at the time, but move on. Flogging the dead horse won't change its ways
The only issue is we have the two highest paid centres in the game.

If our cap as in brilliant shape we just write off the 800k for RFM and sign SST.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Avo who??

Xerri has so much more upside and will be an absolute weapon for us out wide

Can't wait to see him put the moves on his opposition centre then run around the fullback to score

It will happen
That acceleration he showed to go outside Meaney was thrilling to watch. People will be tuning into Bulldogs games just to watch our dangerous left side attack.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont forget the equal size blow ups when Alamoti left. No we can choose from Crichton, Tracey, Kiraz. The list goes on

Edit I was blowing up when Averillo and Alamoti left ha ha

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Dont forget the equal size blow ups when Alamoti left. No we can choose from Crichton, Tracey, Kiraz. The list goes on

We all bow to Gus' superior footy IQ mate.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Xerri seems to have it both ways - doesn't look out of place taking 20+ hitups for 200m+, but also has the silky hands for the quick catch-pass, and a nice step to go in-and-out and burn his defender as well. Averillo might have a little more flashiness to him, but Xerri has a much higher floor that perfectly complements the team.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Hmm yeah. I wasn't overly pleased losing them either. But I forget how far along we were with announcing signings at that stage. So quite likely we were only seeing the losses at that time.

I won't be surprised if Alo and Avo both have decent careers. But we've made good choices. Our backline is going to cause some opposition fans to cry this year. Not every week, but we've built an exciting footy team. It's probable that we haven't seen the extent of improvement yet.