News NRL contract news: Bulldogs star Jake Averillo reveals how Wayne Bennett lured him to Dolphins

cuzza

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I got a soft spot for AVO, should of gave him a full season crack at FB. Couldnt be worse than that other useless prick.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I got a soft spot for AVO, should of gave him a full season crack at FB. Couldnt be worse than that other useless prick.
He still gives me Tommy T vibes.. Hopefully he kills it and comes back to the dogs.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lol from I wanted to stay, I thought we were building something, to get me the fuck out of here in less than 12 months. Ciraldo works his magic again.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd have been happy with him staying. But if Xerri goes as well as I think, we won't miss Averillo. He's turned into a great finisher, but he's lacked consistency.

I think first thing Bennett will do is bulk him up. If he can add some muscle he'll be harder to stop and probably less prone to timid periods where he cops a hit and goes into his shell. I think we've done better with our incoming vs outgoing players.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd have been happy with him staying. But if Xerri goes as well as I think, we won't miss Averillo. He's turned into a great finisher, but he's lacked consistency.

I think first thing Bennett will do is bulk him up. If he can add some muscle he'll be harder to stop and probably less prone to timid periods where he cops a hit and goes into his shell. I think we've done better with our incoming vs outgoing players.
If he bulks up he will lose his footwork and speed like Alamoti

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol from I wanted to stay, I thought we were building something, to get me the fuck out of here in less than 12 months. Ciraldo works his magic again.
The key line I took out of that was "I thought we were building something"

May not have been just the training, coaching and team selection tactics, but obviously the teams performance played a part in Avo deciding to leave and chance it elsewhere.

The favouritism of Perham and Burton must end. If they are not good enough and not the best players in their "chosen" positions, they need to be moved.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The key line I took out of that was "I thought we were building something"

May not have been just the training, coaching and team selection tactics, but obviously the teams performance played a part in Avo deciding to leave and chance it elsewhere.

The favouritism of Perham and Burton must end. If they are not good enough and not the best players in their "chosen" positions, they need to be moved.
Talking of Burton. Do you think Gould's interest and pursuit of Luai is an admittance Burton has failed?

Both Luai and Burton are left foot kickers, exclusively left side players, their strengths are the running games (Burton's bomb kills his running game), both are followers and neither are leaders.

Luai is so important to Penrith. They win so many games without Cleary. It's not Luai who directs them it's O'Sullivan or Cogger.

As for Averillo. He will thrive in a much different environment and a club despite being one year old is far more settled on and off the field.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Talking of Burton. Do you think Gould's interest and pursuit of Luai is an admittance Burton has failed?

Both Luai and Burton are left foot kickers, exclusively left side players, their strengths are the running games (Burton's bomb kills his running game), both are followers and neither are leaders.

Luai is so important to Penrith. They win so many games without Cleary. It's not Luai who directs them it's O'Sullivan or Cogger.

As for Averillo. He will thrive in a much different environment and a club despite being one year old is far more settled on and off the field.
Who said we are after luai?
You’re the one that keeps saying the top 30 is done.
Make up your mind top 30 is filled but yet we have money for luai ?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How did Gus convince Bennett to take the speed hump ? . . . That's my question . . Genius is how