NRL Bulldogs: Des Hasler, Willie Mason reveals failed comeback plan after coach chat did his head in

Status
Not open for further replies.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love or hate Big Willie he just says whats in his head and the recollection of the Hasler meeting sounds so typical of Hasler. I loved Willie back in the day but when he tried to tear the place apart i loathed him and have never really liked him since but i did always think he would be back for a swan song year so that was weird that it could have actually happened.
Reni said it all with his line that he felt like a stranger in the place.
Serious how much longer does the club need and what further evidence are they looking for to punt Hasler ?
Terrible culture, woeful on field performances, worst attack in recent history, players under performing weekly.
Come on Canterbury, the joke is up, sack him today!
We've all had enough...

The Jerker

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It is so frustrating reading this, how many players have we missed out on because of the mad scientist. I love that Willie pointed out the reason for Tolman's ability to make 50 tackles. It shows how convoluted dessies game plan is, if he rates Tolman as one of the best props in the game.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love or hate Big Willie he just says whats in his head and the recollection of the Hasler meeting sounds so typical of Hasler. I loved Willie back in the day but when he tried to tear the place apart i loathed him and have never really liked him since but i did always think he would be back for a swan song year so that was weird that it could have actually happened.
Serious how much longer does the club need and what further evidence are they looking for to punt Hasler ?
Terrible culture, woeful on field performances, worst attack in recent history, players under performing weekly.
We've all had enough...
It would be beyond belief to even contemplate Des coaching us in 2018, even the mere thought makes me very sick, I try to be positive but don't know how with the possibility of Des coaching our club in 2018. Just hope that the club is holding on to season end before parting with Des for the reason that sacking a coach during season proper is not a good look especially to any future prospective coaches.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It would be beyond belief to even contemplate Des coaching us in 2018, even the mere thought makes me very sick, I try to be positive but don't know how with the possibility of Des coaching our club in 2018. Just hope that the club is holding on to season end before parting with Des for the reason that sacking a coach during season proper is not a good look especially to any future prospective coaches.
I agree with you but I can't help thinking that we will move all these players on, bring in a couple more and Des will be kept on. Just seems to me that Dib is working to a plan that includes rather than excludes Des.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yeah if he coaches us in 2018 I can't see me watching it. As I have said before...round 6 is my line in the sand for next year!

Reactions: DT

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I agree with you but I can't help thinking that we will move all these players on, bring in a couple more and Des will be kept on. Just seems to me that Dib is working to a plan that includes rather than excludes Des.
I think Dib will be trying to save his own arse now and cannot see him keeping Des over self preservation.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Dib will be trying to save his own arse now and cannot see him keeping Des over self preservation.
I get that but he didn't get to where he got without having a few backup plans. Just don't think this is over yet..

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh no i hope you are so wrong...but i fear you are right....

Surely they know the fans are out if he stays?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I get that but he didn't get to where he got without having a few backup plans. Just don't think this is over yet..
The way I see it we are at a point not too similar to relationships when you go past that point of no return. Des cannot stay, even if he won a GF with us next year I will still hate him and want him gone. He has done too much damage to stay. If Dib cannot see this and is smart than he will go too.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh no i hope you are so wrong...but i fear you are right....

Surely they know the fans are out if he stays?
I really hope I am wrong as well but there is just something niggling in the back of my mind watching the cap meeting unfold, talking about working on who goes and who stays, recruiting a few good players. It just has the feel of a coach staying next season about it. If they were boning him you would think that would be their focus and I just don't get that sense. Anyway, one way or another we will be put out of our misery in the next couple of months.....

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I somehow believe this too.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
We've all had enough...
Yep always thought he was a big mouth cock head but still never really hated him if that makes sense.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't stand Hasler and agree with Mason about him having no idea on how to identify good players and being too focussed on stats.

But I'm glad we didn't get Mason back, hated being at the first game he played against us and seeing him score a try for the rorters. Plus he's been to a million places in between, didn't really deserve a swan song with us.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't stand Hasler and agree with Mason about him having no idea on how to identify good players and being too focussed on stats.

But I'm glad we didn't get Mason back, hated being at the first game he played against us and seeing him score a try for the rorters. Plus he's been to a million places in between, didn't really deserve a swan song with us.
I was at that game and it really got up my nose as well.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say there has been a lot of players head fucked by his statistical outlook on games and pitching it to potential recruits
I'm sure a few players we tried to sign problem thought thanks but no thanks
Tolman the best prop in the game that's pure lunacy
Geez he basically scared mason off to France and reni had a insight to haslers ship even he said he changed the culture

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was at that game and it really got up my nose as well.
I remember he scored the try and turned his head and looked up exactly where I was sitting. I felt that terrible feeling where all our ex players seem to have a great game after leaving us.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
An ex-manly player who played in the grand finals, has said that the players would gather at a nearby park after training,
and practice their drills, without Hasler.
Says a lot about his so called success.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Willie, the moment you turned your back on the club you were dead to me!!!

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I remember he scored the try and turned his head and looked up exactly where I was sitting. I felt that terrible feeling where all our ex players seem to have a great game after leaving us.
Yep I still remember that one I think he slid right into the camera frame with his finger up as to say. Screw the Bulldogs I'm number 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.