News NRL 2023: Speculation growing Mitch Moses could leave Parramatta, sign with Tigers or Bulldogs

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've only got to wait another 6 or so weeks for the inevitable announcement, and for the umpteenth time, in the media.

"THIS IS OUR YEAR" OR "IT'S THE YEAR OF THE EELS". :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

We hear it year after year and every year for 37 years Eels fans face disappointment and despair.

They may very well make the 8 but doubt they finish top 4. Would be very happy if we met them in the Finals.
Thinking they will miss the 8 this year

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just read elsewhere that we’re in at $1.25m/4 yrs, Tigers $1.3/4 and parra $1.05m/3. Supposedly from someone at the eels. He also wants a 4 year deal apparently.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Just read elsewhere that we’re in at $1.25m/4 yrs, Tigers $1.3/4 and parra $1.05m/3. Supposedly from someone at the eels. He also wants a 4 year deal apparently.
Where you read this?

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, if those figures are correct, you’d have to think we’re a good chance to get him. Stick with Parra for one less year certainty and $200k/yr, or go with your old club Tigers for $50k/yr more, but is that where you will thrive and be successful? He knows Mahoney and would form a sick combo with Burton. I know what I’d choose tbh.

This came from a random on reddit, so take with a grain of salt, just thought I’d share. Hopefully it’s true. I honestly reckon a Moses/Burton halves combo would be top 3 in the comp. Add in Mahoney and Averillo, or another good to excellent fullback and you have one of the best spines in the comp.

Edit: Forgot to add this poster reckons Eels have a junior coming through, hence only wanting to offer Moses 3 yrs, as to not block this young half’s future. Interesting if true.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yep, if those figures are correct, you’d have to think we’re a good chance to get him. Stick with Parra for one less year certainty and $200k/yr, or go with your old club Tigers for $50k/yr more, but is that where you will thrive and be successful? He knows Mahoney and would form a sick combo with Burton. I know what I’d choose tbh.

This came from a random on reddit, so take with a grain of salt, just thought I’d share. Hopefully it’s true. I honestly reckon a Moses/Burton halves combo would be top 3 in the comp. Add in Mahoney and Averillo, or another good to excellent fullback and you have one of the best spines in the comp.
An ok lol. So probz bs

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Probably, but you never know. It was an eels fan though, so you would expect them to make it more favourable to their club if they were making it up.
Did you just try and apply logic to an eels fan?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
turning down 800k is a lot of money. No wonder he is trying to squeeze more out of Parra.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought the syphilis all eels fans caught from their mums n dads had rotted their brain to the point that logic becomes impossible…
Where's wally?20230109_232914.jpg

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was thinking that too, what if he does an acl during the trials . . . How much is a 29 year old rehabbing an acl worth, come November 1
As bad as it is to think about, that's certainly a possibility, and he wouldn't be the first player to suffer that sort of problem.

Plus if you do a hip (like Asipeli Fine), you could face medical retirement, which would be at the current contract amount.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As bad as it is to think about, that's certainly a possibility, and he wouldn't be the first player to suffer that sort of problem.

Plus if you do a hip (like Asipeli Fine), you could face medical retirement, which would be at the current contract amount.
If he still hasn't signed half way through the season and does a hip and has to retire, would parra be obligated to pay for anything beyond November 1 ?

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he still hasn't signed half way through the season and does a hip and has to retire, would parra be obligated to pay for anything beyond November 1 ?
I'm not entirely sure how the medical retirement works. I would suspect it's either full payment of that years contract, or full payment of the entire contract.

Only thing I can find is a bit here: https://www.insurancenews.com.au/local/qbe-tells-why-it-rejected-nrl-players-claim

Where it states that the club (Manly) had to pay out the remainder of the players contract.

Looks like if approved by NRL and medical insurance, the insurance company pays out the players contract in it's entirety.

Then again in the case of guys like Dylan Brown, what if he gets injured in first year of a 5 year deal and has to medically retire. Does that mean medical insurance pays out 4 years of his contract? It seems to infer it does.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure how the medical retirement works. I would suspect it's either full payment of that years contract, or full payment of the entire contract.

Only thing I can find is a bit here: https://www.insurancenews.com.au/local/qbe-tells-why-it-rejected-nrl-players-claim

Where it states that the club (Manly) had to pay out the remainder of the players contract.

Looks like if approved by NRL and medical insurance, the insurance company pays out the players contract in it's entirety.

Then again in the case of guys like Dylan Brown, what if he gets injured in first year of a 5 year deal and has to medically retire. Does that mean medical insurance pays out 4 years of his contract? It seems to infer it does.
The Brown scenario is interesting, I think he has options in his favour for up to 9 years, if he were to be injured to the point of retirement, unless there were clauses inserted to limit the clubs liability in case of injury. Surely he just takes up the option and the club would have to pay him for the full duration of the contract.