News NRL 2023: Speculation growing Mitch Moses could leave Parramatta, sign with Tigers or Bulldogs

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well, if the story has any truth to it then they probably did have mail that we were interested in Moses and discussed options..

Unless you were actually part of those discussions, how can you comment?
They create their own agenders like todays story

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are the premiership winning halfbacks of the last 15 years.

22 Cleary
21 Cleary
20 Hughes
19 Cronk
18 Cronk
17 Cronk
16 Townsend
15 Thurston
14 Reynolds
13 Pearce
12 Cronk
11 DCE
10 Hornby (w Soward)
09 Cronk*

Moses is the only available halfback that is even close to these blokes. There are simply not enough halfbacks in the game right now and the good ones cost a premium because history says you cannot win a premiership without one. Gus knows this, he brought Soward back from England to play for Penrith, he talked SJ into coming back to the Warriors and he would have been going hard for Moses.

An 18-year-old kid that you hadn't even heard of until yesterday is not going to turn us into contenders.
DCE won it his rookie year, so you never know I guess

BahaMan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our friend Mik from Miksrugbyleaguechat said today that the dogs have just recently met with the manager of a “half, not a natural halfback” that she can’t yet reveal, who if he signs, is a starter. Anyone wanna have a guess?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Our friend Mik from Miksrugbyleaguechat said today that the dogs have just recently met with the manager of a “half, not a natural halfback” that she can’t yet reveal, who if he signs, is a starter. Anyone wanna have a guess?
If I had to guess I'd say Adam Doueihi or Luke Keary.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not that gus doesnt pay overs wont get into a bidding war we got heaps of money
So Burtons upgrade, Kikau, TPJ, Mahoney, Crighton, JAC, Thompson etc etc are all on minimum coin eh, or maybe they just happy to play with the Dogs and be part of an historic rebuild or a nod and a wink.
We DONT have heaps of money. I have no idea how u come up with such a statement. Paying over $1.1m pa for a Mitchell Moses would absolutely cripple us.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to the dynamic in form Gun for 2023.
We don't need Moses when we've already got The Messiah

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
With Keary and his concussion issues, the Roosters might even pay some of that contract to release him ?
They probably would since he's on like a million a season. His contract finishes at the end of 2024.

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I just wanna say 1 more thing on this then I'm done with this thread.... Think about all the pressure paying a player huge dollars is and the expectations that go with it? Ben Hunt, Anthony Milford, David Fafita, Jason Taumalolo, Kaylon Ponya... All have played patches of good football throughout their careers, but.... they have all failed and had huge slumps in form for significant periods. That's just off the top of my head, there are loads more. I'm not saying moses would be the same however he has already proven to go missing when put under pressure . Thoughts?