Opinion Nothing less than a win v titans

chuckynemo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If that’s your argument, there would be an 8 team comp… Eels haven’t won a comp for close to 40yrs… Penrith only came good recently, Roosters were shit for over a decade not that long ago… Dragons and Tigers are a sh!tshows, Raiders haven’t won a comp for 30yrs, Warriors have never won a comp and Knights 22yrs without glory…. We have been thereabouts winning comps between late 70s through to mid-2010s, near 4 decades of good times… Clubs like ours will bounce back and I know who I’d rather be supporting moving forward, once we get there again, we’re not going back - trust the process
You have a very fair point. But maybe we have to cut the teams down. St George tigers and eels are chronically shit. Now the dogs are shit most likely beyond repair. The club would rather dance than fix their rubbish attack. The clubs turned into a joke

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You have a very fair point. But maybe we have to cut the teams down. St George tigers and eels are chronically shit. Now the dogs are shit most likely beyond repair. The club would rather dance than fix their rubbish attack. The clubs turned into a joke
I agree we’ve been struggling and still are struggling and I’ll further add we’re still sh!t on paper - But, our pathways and junior resurgence is our saviour as it was for Penrith. But what we’re being sold by the media is that we’ve spent millions on players and we’re still sh!t, but in reality, there was no one of any decent quality to buy and the only strong recruit was Critta so the media is setting us up for failure.

We’re a competitive side, but nothing more at the moment, this is why many on here predicted 10-14th…

I’d say we’re 2-3 years away (maybe even 3-4) from getting back into a top 4 standard…. But we must trust the process, juniors winning comps usually translates very well down the track.

In the meantime, if we don’t pick up 2 very good middles and a quality 7 we’re not making finals until our juniors come good. Papalii is our rockstar 1, he just needs 1 more year of experience.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hutch & Burton need to do somthing this match.. surely the halves change if they dont do anything..

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hutch & Burton need to do somthing this match.. surely the halves change if they dont do anything..
Ciraldo is a pick and stick guy… I don’t think he’s changing anything. The only coach we’ve had with the balls to drop players is Potter, but in defence to Ciraldo, based on a pre-season with certain combinations, it also makes sense to see it through at least the first 3-5 rounds and especially against a team that’s more in our ballpark skill-wise albeit Titans are still much better on paper than what we have.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We said that about the fullback last year for how many rounds again? Won't change till r10 at least.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ciraldo is a pick and stick guy… I don’t think he’s changing anything. The only coach we’ve had with the balls to drop players is Potter, but in defence to Ciraldo, based on a pre-season with certain combinations, it also makes sense to see it through at least the first 3-5 rounds and especially against a team that’s more in our ballpark skill-wise albeit Titans are still much better on paper than what we have.
Ive seen nothing from Hutchinson in his time here but also in all his previous seasons at other clubs to show hes an NRL level halfback.. hes a bench or depth player.. hes never shown anything as a NRL level starting halfback.. so why is going to change this year?.. hes a good depth signing to cover for injuries..

Other clubs have dropped Ilias and Hastings.. Hutch hasnt been any better if anything he hasnt created anything but has also made very poor unforced errors in first 2 games..

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ive seen nothing from Hutchinson in his time here but also in all his previous seasons at other clubs to show hes an NRL level halfback.. hes a bench or depth player.. hes never shown anything as a NRL level starting halfback.. so why is going to change this year?.. hes a good depth signing to cover for injuries..
Which is why he has barely started ten games there before he came to us, but he won the spot for round 1. Really makes you think what does CC see in him that other premiership winning coaches didn’t…

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Clubs like Penrith were near last for a large majority of the prior 15 years and have won comps. You don’t give up after a decade lmao wtf is this
In the 10 seasons before they won the GF they made the finals 5 times & the top 4 twice.

Our situation is way worse than where the Panthers were.

Dogs4EVA-1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
MASSIVE changes needed now... Kiraz is not a centre, Tracey was outstanding, as i've been saying we have NO Middles big enough and other teams just wear us down, was bad luck for Poasa but King makes no metres hardly, Hutch tries but he's simply too slow and not a starting 7 at NRL level, Salmon tries but is not big enough, Kurt Mann is horrific.. Burto is also not a 5/8, hes a free running natural centre (or fullback as i've raised before)..next weeks team needs to be:
1. Tracey
2. Wilson
3. Burton
4. Critta
5. Foxx (if fit) otherwise Kiraz
6. BBO
7. SEX-BOMB
8. King (cause there's nobody else)
9. Reed
10. Hughes
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Curran
14. Salmon
15. Tetavano (cause there's nobody else)
16. Kautoga
17. Patolo (simply because we need size)
18. J. Samrani

But knowing Ciro he will make no changes..
Like i said.. NO changes... that's the definition of insanity

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the 10 seasons before they won the GF they made the finals 5 times & the top 4 twice.

Our situation is way worse than where the Panthers were.
Penrith really bad season was 2019 where Cleary ripped up the 5yr plan, began moving players on, started to give players who weren’t getting a go their chance, moved Yeo to lock (he wasn’t viewed as a lock before Cleary returned) and started to develop his own culture, mentality & style that began to take shape ready for 2020. He moved on the last of the players after 2020.