Not happy with the club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some people are looking way too far into this.

The guy asked for dvds.

1 club was more willing than the other. End of story. Everyone is trying to conjure up excuses.

Kudos to the Roosters.
And some are looking at it like idiots.

The guy asked for dvds and made the expectation that he would receive them illegally along with free stuff because another club is stupid.

1 club was rightly aware of their legal restrictions. End of story. Everyone is trying to validify breaking the law.

Kudos to the Bulldogs.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bulldogs looking out for themselves.......

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
2 years ago i sent an email to the bulldogs asking could i buy a picture of either andrew ryan or luke patten for my daughters school teacher who was just diagnosed with a very aggressive form of cancer, they were her favorite players.
in the email i also told them of how every friday during footy season her teacher would wear blue and white to school supporting the bulldogs,and how she was a very passionate doggies fan.
the kids in her class wanted to give her something bulldogs for a christmas gift,they knew it might have been her last chrismas with the kids, they all chipped in and bought her a jersey, the teacher Miss T had kemo, and lost all her hair, i bought her a pink doggies trucking hat and a doggies beenie.
im a member, i asked to buy a picture of her favorite player, the club denied this request....... so from that day on the family club slogan was nothing more then bull****,
i did send an email back just after that christmas telling them Miss T died and i did give them a spray for their lack of community spirit.
the bulldogs reply was, its very unfortunate we couldnt help but please rest assured we tried.

Timmah.

CANTERBURY!!!!!
Reaction score
The post above typifies exactly why topics like this should not see the light of day.

These are personal matters between fans and clubs and using these sorts of forums to trash the club and air dirty laundry is poor form. Not only that, it can give rise to trolls and trouble-makers who don't even support the club to come in and damage the clubs reputation with bogus stories (not suggesting any here are, but it is easily possible).

All I can see here in this thread is damaging discussion allowing already picky people further opportunity to trash the club they claim to love. Pretty sad IMO.

luke

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
bull**** timmah, this is exactly the place to bring these topics up

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the family club concept is dead Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs is another corporate name out there
and to the OP I am also a fan of our troops overseas and support them knowing their sacrifices, but let this experience be a reminder not to have such high expectations on this club just because of the odd charity stuff you see on t.v. I see right through that,I think most do anyway

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
hhhmm makes me wonder if todd ever secretly lurks in here

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
The Bulldogs don't own any of the games. They are owned by Nine or Fox. It's a bit of a hassle to ****ing give a call to them asking them to send over copies of those games so they can send them overseas. Every man with his dog would then do the same thing.

IMHO, the Bulldogs did the right thing. If he wanted some kind of memorabilia then Im sure they would have, but asking them to breach copyright laws is just selfish.

He/she should join 'across the tasman'. All the games are there to be downloaded.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Bulldogs don't own any of the games. They are owned by Nine or Fox. It's a bit of a hassle to ****ing give a call to them asking them to send over copies of those games so they can send them overseas. Every man with his dog would then do the same thing.

IMHO, the Bulldogs did the right thing. If he wanted some kind of memorabilia then Im sure they would have, but asking them to breach copyright laws is just selfish.

He/she should join 'across the tasman'. All the games are there to be downloaded.
There's many points in your reply that i was going to reply to, GB style, but cbb.

The one thing i want to point out, you say the dogs did the right thing by not sending him the games (by whatever means, heck the club could've purchased them for him, but anyway)...

But then you point him to acrossthetasman so he can illegally download them lol.

purpleskittles

Kennel Established
Reaction score
common sense should apply

1) he is fighting for the country so he should receive special dispensation

2) The NRL doesnt broadcast into afghanistan, and wont do so for a long time imo so it is no harming anyone

3) nobody in the NRL will object, and if they do and it becomes an issue then the media scrutiny will favour the bulldogs and nothing will come of it

the roosters understand common sense
Sadly common sense... is not all that common.

purpleskittles

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The post above typifies exactly why topics like this should not see the light of day.

These are personal matters between fans and clubs and using these sorts of forums to trash the club and air dirty laundry is poor form. Not only that, it can give rise to trolls and trouble-makers who don't even support the club to come in and damage the clubs reputation with bogus stories (not suggesting any here are, but it is easily possible).

All I can see here in this thread is damaging discussion allowing already picky people further opportunity to trash the club they claim to love. Pretty sad IMO.
Perfect place to bring it up. Fans put hard earned cash into the club - if they have an issue they can "air" it out in anyway they please.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sadly common sense... is not all that common.
That's not common sense at all. That's breaking the law then trying to justify it because it's a small thing. If I rob a dairy, is it alright if I only steal a lollipop?

So I guess you're right, common sense isn't all that common!

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's not common sense at all. That's breaking the law then trying to justify it because it's a small thing. If I rob a dairy, is it alright if I only steal a lollipop?

So I guess you're right, common sense isn't all that common!
Sorry Mr Straighty 180

Anyway, your opinion is mute cause you we all know you just like to be the opposition.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
7 pages for a non-issue lol

especially when the op had come to an understanding (with the help of ck) at the end of the first page

yeah, let's get all worked up about it

:p

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Friend of Book "hey book it was really nice coming over your house to visit"

Book "its my pleasure"

Friend "yeah, well i have to get going now.....

*sees dvd collection*. "oh wow i havent seen Jurassic Park for a while, can i borrow it and bring it in to your work tommorow"

Book "umm, sorry no"

Friend "wtf"

Book "no i cant do that, goodbye"

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
everyone is painting the club as a bunch of c unts. I sent them a scan of picture I drew for my nephew, asked if there was anyway of getting Ryan to sign it if I send them a copy. They emailed me like a 2 days later asking where they should send it as they'd already printed it and got it signed...

wyongguy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm suprised they didn't send anything, a year ago we found one of my pops old bulldog shirts (great shirt celebrating a back to back efforts in 84/85, Having gravestones with dragons and eels names on them) I sent a letter to the club asking would it be possible to get a couple of players to sign it if I sent it down to the club. They were great, got current players to sign it and even held on to it till there was a get together of former players and took a photo of Terry Lamb and Steve Mortimer holding it up. The photo is now in the frame with the shirt. The club could not have been better to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.