Not Des Hasler's fault!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It's @Qld-Dog 's fault tbh! :p

Haha jokes.... Des and Dib both deserve their share of blame imo...I have more than one finger for pointing, but I agree Dib has to be accountable for letting things get to this point...and for orchestrating and championing Hasler's new deal.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thats right....just blame me, everyone else does even the Wife :weary:

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Des has complete control its all his fault

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Castle wouldn't sink the Commies.
You can't spy on someone and say you are sick of them.
Its a flawed argument.

Last edited:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw its really is greenbergs/dibs fault for signing des and giving him the conditions to be untouchable

big money deal, money deals for all his friends, investments made, signed more than a year out from start date and the club were going to allow him to pursue a fantasy football type method of tracking players based on someones opinion of what some combination of statistics mean to an overall winning situation, then getting rid of club legend mortimer for not participating in loving him

so now they created the des monster who goes off on lara pitt for asking a standard question and is currently really pissed off that people dont understand that the problem must be something other than his coaching

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree everyone is a ****! Every poster here is a ****, anyone who reads it is a ****, Phil Rothfield (I know you are reading this) is a massive ****, the staff at the Bulldogs, players, coaching staff, boardroom members YOU ARE ALL *****!
Bugger me, even I'm a ****.
I blame myself for not closing down my bank account so that they couldn't auto renew my membership..

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At this stage it's just annoying to hear complaint coming from every angle. I dislike the fact that our juniors haven't kicked on for the most part for years. To a large went that comes down to recruitment and coaching of the lower grades. Now it was greenburg in my opinion that oversaw the release of the coaches who had our lower grades performing. Cleal certainly seemed to play his part in the quality of players coming into the system, but we used to make a habit of having a reasonably cheap squad overall. Once players started earning massive dollars we always had good replacement options coming through our junior ranks so letting big names go wasn't a huge issue. As far as I'm concerned the board has belatedly tried to change things in the junior coaching ranks and in junior recruitment. That may take a year or two to pay off but the current board might not be around if it actually does.

As far as the coaching situation goes, the issue I see with Hasler is that his Manly heritage if anything has given him a buy in culture. Manly did occasionally have good juniors but all their successful years came on the back of a culture of buying in their best players where the bulldogs culture was always about having a production line of talent. The salary cap in recent years has changed drastically. Fullbacks, halves and hookers are now with massive money. Its created the situation where we had to compete with a lot of clubs for limited talent in these positions. You only have to look at the fact that nsw have used Pearce at 7 for ten years tri see that quality halves are in short supply. I think the club panicked big time when they splashed big money on retaining Mbye, but at the time a truckload of kennelers all thought Mbye was the next Thurston, just like they thought Lichaa was going to be the next Cameron Smith. We have probably concentrated too much of our salary cap on quality forwards over the last few years. I dint care if we can get out production line during out good forwards again if we begin releasing them as they become big money forwards if we can find quality halves to work behind young hard heads. Even the best coaching talent needs creative players to win. Hasler has either made some poor decisions or the board has failed to lure the creative players he wanted. We just can't judge from outside the inner sanctum.

For what it's worth I'd be ok if the board got another full year to judge our changes in recruiting and junior coaches. And I'd Akashi see if Hasler can change our playing style with the addition of Foran. I know people will criticise me as fence sitting, but to my way of thinking we've already been doing a cleanout coming into this season. We shook things up with coaching and recruiting changes and replaced a couple of rocks and diamond players (Reynolds and Kasiano) with two more consistent ones in Woods and Foran. If Hasler can't get the side looking like one of the dominant teams next year I'll jump on the sack him bandwagon if the club hasn't already succumbed to the fan negativity.

FattyMcLarge

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hasler just didn't want change from his formulae. He didn't evolve fast enough to be competitive. Still coaching like it was 5 years ago

Last edited:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As the title... Non of this is the fault of Des Hasler!

Everyone knew he is a stubborn guy, he doesn't change anything and he back end deals!

Everything that is happening and that has happened this season is Ray Dib's fault, the buck stops with him!

As a voting member I've decided I don't care anymore who will go up against the current board they will get my vote (I've never bothered voting before)...

I've tried to stay positive this whole time but Fuck that now... The **** (Ray Dib) has to go!
Mate, most of it is the coaches doing. It should only take a few rounds to turn a season around considering the roster we have, we have a top 8 squad. 3 Origin reps, 3 former Origin reps, 2 Kiwi internationals and the GB captain on our books. Our spine make up is our main pain point but there are 3 key factors that point to Des:
1) He's never been interested in a quality spine. Fail.
2) He didn't bother changing up the way we play despite it not working out on the field nor did he appear to play a plan or to the opposition weaknesses. Fail.
3) He didn't hold underperforning players to account. Fail.

We literally stuck to the same style/structures and playing group all year. It's only now, in the final few rounds, we are seeing some razzle dazzle and points being scored (mainly because there are guys in the team with nothing to loose and others playing for a contract).

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seeing how Lichaa has ,
in a roundabout way blamed Des for his lack of performance ,well it's pretty dam obvious that Des is also the reason Graham went from the most damaging forward to a cream puff.

Piss off Des it's all your fault

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
. I think the club panicked big time when they splashed big money on retaining Mbye, but at the time a truckload of kennelers all thought Mbye was the next Thurston,
The last 2 weeks where the boys have been allowed to play footy. I'm willing to give mbye another chance

He's looked a lot more like a half these past two weeks than under desball

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
At this stage it's just annoying to hear complaint coming from every angle. I dislike the fact that our juniors haven't kicked on for the most part for years. To a large went that comes down to recruitment and coaching of the lower grades. Now it was greenburg in my opinion that oversaw the release of the coaches who had our lower grades performing. Cleal certainly seemed to play his part in the quality of players coming into the system, but we used to make a habit of having a reasonably cheap squad overall. Once players started earning massive dollars we always had good replacement options coming through our junior ranks so letting big names go wasn't a huge issue. As far as I'm concerned the board has belatedly tried to change things in the junior coaching ranks and in junior recruitment. That may take a year or two to pay off but the current board might not be around if it actually does.

As far as the coaching situation goes, the issue I see with Hasler is that his Manly heritage if anything has given him a buy in culture. Manly did occasionally have good juniors but all their successful years came on the back of a culture of buying in their best players where the bulldogs culture was always about having a production line of talent. The salary cap in recent years has changed drastically. Fullbacks, halves and hookers are now with massive money. Its created the situation where we had to compete with a lot of clubs for limited talent in these positions. You only have to look at the fact that nsw have used Pearce at 7 for ten years tri see that quality halves are in short supply. I think the club panicked big time when they splashed big money on retaining Mbye, but at the time a truckload of kennelers all thought Mbye was the next Thurston, just like they thought Lichaa was going to be the next Cameron Smith. We have probably concentrated too much of our salary cap on quality forwards over the last few years. I dint care if we can get out production line during out good forwards again if we begin releasing them as they become big money forwards if we can find quality halves to work behind young hard heads. Even the best coaching talent needs creative players to win. Hasler has either made some poor decisions or the board has failed to lure the creative players he wanted. We just can't judge from outside the inner sanctum.

For what it's worth I'd be ok if the board got another full year to judge our changes in recruiting and junior coaches. And I'd Akashi see if Hasler can change our playing style with the addition of Foran. I know people will criticise me as fence sitting, but to my way of thinking we've already been doing a cleanout coming into this season. We shook things up with coaching and recruiting changes and replaced a couple of rocks and diamond players (Reynolds and Kasiano) with two more consistent ones in Woods and Foran. If Hasler can't get the side looking like one of the dominant teams next year I'll jump on the sack him bandwagon if the club hasn't already succumbed to the fan negativity.

Great Post Alan79, NO! you are not a fence sitter, the problem is that some members on this Forum are hero's in Hind-site which also means that they sit on their Brains way to often. I wish at times that these individuals sat on a fence instead.8-)

Status
Not open for further replies.