Non bandwagon post

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disappointed with the loss tonight but can everyone just stop copying and pasting there comments from last year coz if you've actually paid attention to the game there has been a change in structure. Mbye and Reynolds were at first receiver 10x more than last year and hoppa was chiming in out the back. We have to realise the game was played in poor conditions it's not all doom and gloom we went down by 6 to the grand finalists

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Disappointed with the loss tonight but can everyone just stop copying and pasting there comments from last year coz if you've actually paid attention to the game there has been a change in structure. Mbye and Reynolds were at first receiver 10x more than last year and hoppa was chiming in out the back. We have to realise the game was played in poor conditions it's not all doom and gloom we went down by 6 to the grand finalists
Yeah and we had 80% of the ball for the whole of the second half and got absolutely nothing !

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not satisfied that the purported change in structure is significant enough. Our forwards are still at first receiver and plodman is dying with the ball on the 4th. We have not built any combinations. Our most threatening players in attack were Brenko Lee and Holland, both are NSW cup grade at other clubs. Our halves did not look like organising anything with purpose. It was all hail mary plays.

Fuck the coach off and clean out the roster. Build the club around Jackson, Klemmer, Kasiano and RFM.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah and we had 80% of the ball for the whole of the second half and got absolutely nothing !
Melbourne were camped down our end most of the first half too. It was pretty poor conditions to be putting on a clinic in attack

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Melbourne were camped down our end most of the first half too. It was pretty poor conditions to be putting on a clinic in attack
No one was expecting a clinic but that much ball you simple have to do something.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh please......can't you see we just don't have the roster to compete. We need to get rid of the coach and start recruiting. Our halves can't kick...
Yeah our roster isn't the best but people rambling on saying nothing's changed when our attack was noticeably different and we played in very wet conditions are overreacting a touch

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah our roster isn't the best but people rambling on saying nothing's changed when our attack was noticeably different and we played in very wet conditions are overreacting a touch
I agree with 100%
We need time to implement a new structure
But everyone expects perfection from the very start on the kennel
Like I said on another thread how stupid will we look as supporters bitching and moaning before the game is over and then we go 4-1 in our first five games or even 3-2

Bongo

I miss Lachlan Lewis
Reaction score
Yeah Moses 10x to much waste of space

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
100%
you can clearly see what we are trying to do, issue is we are stuck between the old outdated plan and the new plan. Some players looked lost and that was evident in the lack of support on some breaks and half breaks. Positive signs but still very very sloppy and erratic, with a genuine halfback we win easy tonight. The Kasiano sin bin was detrimental as well, could well have tied the game heading into the 2nd half. I still don't think we are top 8 material but even though it was incredibly frustrating and disappointing to watch at least there were some changes.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not a disastrous result, considering; but there wasn't a time when I felt we would score. It was 2016 again for most of the game. I think there is a platform to build on - the kicking games were probably the difference.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
What's the point when they still produce fuck all in attack? Do you honestly think 1 pre season with a "new" game plan will rectify the last 4-5 years of shit?

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Even with a slight adjustment, our spine is still weak.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I agree with the OP but im convinced we are no chance with Mbye & Reynolds together in the halves
people might hate the idea but we gotta move Lichaa to lock... After what i witnessed tonight i want our 17 next week to be;

1. Hopoate (reluctantly)
2. B.Morris (help Brenko in defense abit)
3. Lee
4. J.Morris
5. Montoya
6. Mbye
7. Frawley
8. Graham
9. Reynolds
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson
12. Mariner (outclassed Eastwood in every aspect, deserves to start, put Greg on the bench where he belongs, better for impact in later stages)
13. Lichaa (tackling bag, shove him hear and save some interchanges. Will allow Klemmer to go back to prop, which = less time for Tolman)

14. Tolman
15. Kasiano
16. Eastwood
17. Woolford (what the point of having 4 forwards on the bench when Des clearly wont change the way he uses his bench the idiot)

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
*standing ovation*

Thank you!!

Amongst the doom and gloom of tonights result common sense prevails in your post.

It was clear that changes have been made, but the time to try new things is not when it's pissing down rain.

I'm excited to see what we can do on a dry track.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The thing that saved us then was the gale force rain the Storm had in their faces. They would have played with their eyes closed... well almost.

Status
Not open for further replies.