Status
Not open for further replies.

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
umm yep to be sure

also, other teams were lucky not to get dobbed in by a disgruntled insider

let's cut the crap eh

fans from other clubs can bury their heads in the sand as much as they want, we all know that each year there are clubs not playing on a legit level, especially back then, coming off the big money post super league era and it wasn't just super league clubs (as some people like to think). arl clubs were throwing around rediculous money too

denial isn't an option, unless yer just havin a larf

;)
Oh yes of course, so that makes the dogs the rightful premiers of 02. Because every year fines are thrown around over (mostly disclosed) breaches to the cap that usually max at around the $100,000 mark. The bulldogs were rorting the cap by $2 million in undisclosed payments. No fn wonder they had the best players they were all money hungry hacks who ended up leaving for more money

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh yes of course, so that makes the dogs the rightful premiers of 02. Because every year fines are thrown around over (mostly disclosed) breaches to the cap that usually max at around the $100,000 mark. The bulldogs were rorting the cap by $2 million in undisclosed payments. No fn wonder they had the best players they were all money hungry hacks who ended up leaving for more money
1- It was 1.5 million. Not 2 million. 500K difference is a lot of money.
2- Most, if not all, players took pay cuts and EVENTUALLY left for significantly more money (Asotasi, Price, Thurston, Tonga etc). Hell, we even had money spare to buy Andrew Ryan.

I don't know what you plan on achieving here. We hate St. George, accept it. It's also pretty naive to think all clubs don't rort the cap in one way or the other.

Your team is in the GF what are you even doing on a Bulldogs forum?

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
1- It was 1.5 million. Not 2 million. 500K difference is a lot of money.
2- Most, if not all, players took pay cuts and EVENTUALLY left for significantly more money (Asotasi, Price, Thurston, Tonga etc). Hell, we even had money spare to buy Andrew Ryan.

I don't know what you plan on achieving here. We hate St. George, accept it. It's also pretty naive to think all clubs don't rort the cap in one way or the other.

Your team is in the GF what are you even doing on a Bulldogs forum?
I heard it was closer to 2 mil. It was "reportedly" $1.5m, I think it would be more accurate to say neither of us know the exact amount.

As for everyone breaching the cap, I doubt an undisclosed breach of in between 1 and 2 million happens at every club every day.

I don't believe Ive done anything wrong so as long as I abide by forum rules I will continue to overstay my welcome here.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As for everyone breaching the cap, I doubt an undisclosed breach of in between 1 and 2 million happens at every club every day.

I don't believe Ive done anything wrong so as long as I abide by forum rules I will continue to overstay my welcome here.
Who said 1 million to 2 million? Every team has some sort of brown paper bag type deal or some sort of illegal top up to keep their star player(s). I hope you don't hold the "Players will play at a good team for less" opinion.

I never said you did anything wrong. I just find it strange you feel the need to log on to an opposition's forum considering your team is in the GF. Believe me, if my team was in the GF I wouldn't be on a random opposition's team's forum the day before.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
@roc-a-fella, you must be one sad **** to have over 4000 posts on an opposition forum you may as well be a bulldog supporter. I honestly hope the dragons get destroyed just too shut up all of you ignorant head-up-ass supporters!

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
Who said 1 million to 2 million? Every team has some sort of brown paper bag type deal or some sort of illegal top up to keep their star player(s). I hope you don't hold the "Players will play at a good team for less" opinion.
Nah I don't have that opinion at all. Everyone has their price. And I did mention the common small breaches earlier. I was just talking about them in comparison to the '02.

I never said you did anything wrong. I just find it strange you feel the need to log on to an opposition's forum considering your team is in the GF. Believe me, if my team was in the GF I wouldn't be on a random opposition's team's forum the day before.
It's a good thing I'm not you then ey?

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
@roc-a-fella, you must be one sad **** to have over 4000 posts on an opposition forum you may as well be a bulldog supporter. I honestly hope the dragons get destroyed just too shut up all of you ignorant head-up-ass supporters!
I'm sure you're just a **** altogether

M

mongoose

this

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
hmm, now i understand why you're trying to continue to argue this point, because i'm not even talking about who is rightful premiers of 2002

i'm just talking about clubs who have been well over the cap in the last 2 decades and it's also been well documented how the 2 mergers would definately have struggled to stay within the cap once they were meant to be on the same playing field as everyone else, but i'm not overly interested about that to be honest, just making a point. there's many valid examples of rorting going on in the comp the last 20 years or so

from what i can recall, the bulldogs were in breach for a reported total over the course of 4 years, 2002 inclusive. the reported amounts make it sound worse, as people seem to think it was within a single year, which is completely wrong

in fact, from memory, 2002 was about 600k over at most. not trying to sugarcoat it at all, the former administration got what they deserved, but let's not exagerrate things here either

as for rightful premiers, etc. etc. i couldn't give a ****. other teams were rorting the cap hard at that time and we were the unlucky ones who had a disgruntled insider rat us out and opposition fans ignorance has never been so rife from 'my' memory when those of us who are not in denial, know there are plenty of others who have and are doing the exact same thing

what can we do? nothing. we've just taken it on the chin and had to move on. doesn't stop the ****wits from loving a scapegoat. just ask paul kent and co. at the daily telecrap and the percentage of the general public who can't think for themselves and get influenced by these idiots

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So many band wagonning **** with bloody St Merge flags hanging off their cars of late.

I hope they get hammered by the Roosters so they can put their jerseys and flags back in long term storage again.

Status
Not open for further replies.