no direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
we have forwards with plenty of size and grunt, we have backs with size and speed....we just lack someone to steer this blue & white beast around the park, good havles direct forwards like battering rams at the oppositions weakest points, finding chinks in their amour and when they have them on the ropes they finish them off with the backs for the killer punch.

Our halves today (and the past couple of seasons) have been more like my wife trying to drive my manual ute....bunny hopping, stalling, crunching gears etc. with no smoothness or natural flow, we chug and choke along looking very disjointed in attack...think of the game like a boxing match and the players are an extension of the half backs body, the forwards are his arms and fists delivering the body shots wearing down the opponent while the backs are his legs allowing him to dance around ducking and weaving toying with his opponent, the 5/8 is the little voice in the back of his mind i guess? (you would need medicating for Reynolds at the moment though)

We dont have this, we have as i have said before solid but not great halves, we're more like Milo Kerrigan (google him) than muhammad ali we need that half that stands up and takes control and gets his forwards on a roll and get the backs decent ball, Hodko is a decent guy but what does he bring to the team...take out the field goals and what plays can you remember where he stands out? he score that try in origin but that's about all i can remember?

When was the last time you could say we had safely locked up a game before the full time siren? i seem to remember being nervous as shit every game chewing my nails hoping we either hold on or score late to snatch victory (or walking off cos we were getting lapped)

yes we are a good team, but imagine what we could be with an attacking half with the ammo we have, i know everyone's going to trot out the old its only round one but i was saying this last year and i said it a couple of days ago in the thread about manly being interested in Hodkinson.....this team will only be together for a limited time and we need to get the most out of it and maybe the guy driving this car is nice and safe like your Nanna but maybe we need someone not so scared to hit the accelerator

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
we have forwards with plenty of size and grunt, we have backs with size and speed....we just lack someone to steer this blue & white beast around the park, good havles direct forwards like battering rams at the oppositions weakest points, finding chinks in their amour and when they have them on the ropes they finish them off with the backs for the killer punch.

Our halves today (and the past couple of seasons) have been more like my wife trying to drive my manual ute....bunny hopping, stalling, crunching gears etc. with no smoothness or natural flow, we chug and choke along looking very disjointed in attack...think of the game like a boxing match and the players are an extension of the half backs body, the forwards are his arms and fists delivering the body shots wearing down the opponent while the backs are his legs allowing him to dance around ducking and weaving toying with his opponent, the 5/8 is the little voice in the back of his mind i guess? (you would need medicating for Reynolds at the moment though)

We dont have this, we have as i have said before solid but not great halves, we're more like Milo Kerrigan (google him) than muhammad ali we need that half that stands up and takes control and gets his forwards on a roll and get the backs decent ball, Hodko is a decent guy but what does he bring to the team...take out the field goals and what plays can you remember where he stands out? he score that try in origin but that's about all i can remember?

When was the last time you could say we had safely locked up a game before the full time siren? i seem to remember being nervous as shit every game chewing my nails hoping we either hold on or score late to snatch victory (or walking off cos we were getting lapped)

yes we are a good team, but imagine what we could be with an attacking half with the ammo we have, i know everyone's going to trot out the old its only round one but i was saying this last year and i said it a couple of days ago in the thread about manly being interested in Hodkinson.....this team will only be together for a limited time and we need to get the most out of it and maybe the guy driving this car is nice and safe like your Nanna but maybe we need someone not so scared to hit the accelerator
[video=youtube;LSAXPzcFupM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSAXPzcFupM[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.