Nick meany's talent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As soon as Pearce returns, which was mentioned he could have made his return against us, so not far away at all, I'd say Watson will go to fullback unless they keep Pearce at 7 and Watson at 6 because coggers only starting because Pearce is out. Meaney might get a start then

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reckon watson will go to fb

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It will be

1 Watson
6 Lamb
7 Pearce

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Be nice if he gets a run yes..Especially to give us all a preview/sneak peek of our fullback signing for 2019.. !!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I actually like hoppa at fb and think meany sbe played on the wing

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Watson fullback for sure.. he looked good there against us and running game is his strongest asset. the dog fondler is back next round

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even with Meaney there next year Hopoate is easily the best choice at fullback

He was still the best choice even with Mbye there

Yesterday showed Mbye for what he is. Looks dangerous but struggles to finish off attacking moves. Game was on the line for them yesterday and he threw a terrible pass to Naquima on the third tackle which he dropped. Don picked it up and ran the length of the field . Game over

If you get a chance watch our Round 4 highlights v Souths. Mbye went off early and Hoppa had a blinder at fullback. Set up 2 tries with his great ball playing. Hopoate actually one of the best ball playing fullbacks in the comp

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope Meaney is good, because Brad Abbey really impressed on Saturday night

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only reason Hoppa was moved is because Mbye had failed everywhere but fullback. Hoppa's speed is obviously not his strong suit but his ball playing and positional play make up for it.... given that he was stuck in a dud spine last year I think his best Bulldogs days are ahead

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only reason Hoppa was moved is because Mbye had failed everywhere but fullback. Hoppa's speed is obviously not his strong suit but his ball playing and positional play make up for it.... given that he was stuck in a dud spine last year I think his best Bulldogs days are ahead
Yep thats a good point about his speed. I actually think he is a better ball player than Slater. But Slater has so much speed that he can duck to the outside of the edge defender and create doubt in their minds. Hoppa doesnt have that. But he does have good vision and rarely throws the wrong pass. Is also pretty safe and doesnt finger blokes up the ass like his old man which is a bonus as well

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cogger is going for hand surgery

Lamb is going putrid in nsw cup

Watson might have to stay at 6 to partner Pearce and Meaney to fb?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Brock Lamb and Tex Hoy murdered us in NSW Cup on the weekend.

Meaney isn't really first grade material yet, and has a way to go (in my opinion).

I see him and Cogger as rushed signings rather than well thought out ones (like the hurry to recontract JMK over Lewis).

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope Meaney is good, because Brad Abbey really impressed on Saturday night
Yep, no-one can drop a bomb or miss a tackle like Abbey. a 5 star performance. Little wonder the Raiders won so easily......ohh.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Watsons actually a decent fullback.. he looked great on sat

berries62

Waterboy
Reaction score

Yesterday showed Mbye for what he is. Looks dangerous but struggles to finish off attacking moves. Game was on the line for them yesterday and he threw a terrible pass to Naquima on the third tackle which he dropped. Don picked it up and ran the length of the field . Game over

If you get a chance watch our Round 4 highlights v Souths. Mbye went off early and Hoppa had a blinder at fullback. Set up 2 tries with his great ball playing. Hopoate actually one of the best ball playing fullbacks in the comp
great observation, guess which one has the football brain

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nathan Ross is back from
Injury too so they may find a spot for him

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nathan Ross will be lucky if they let him run out the kicking tee... he was having a shocker of a season prior to injury..

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hoppa is a great fb. Towards the end of last year his ball playing was really starting to improve and become almost elite. He also has a great running game, pushes up to support on most plays, is very fit and fantastic under the high ball. So what does Dean Pay decide to do he decides to move Hoppa to the centres where he cant defend for shit just when Hoppa was starting to play really well at f/b. He did this just to accommodate that shit **** Mbye. All because Mbye has spent his whole caeer looking for a position that suits him.

Hoppa is a fantastic fb. There are better fbs out there like slater ponga dwz rts teddy and turbo but I don't think Hoppa is that far behind them. Hoppa is still only 26 hopefully he can cement that fb role this year and keep it for the next 4-5 years. Its he best position. Having him at centre is suicide he cant def there. Holland and Jmoz should be our centres for the next couple of years. They are both great defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.