Status
Not open for further replies.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. B Morris
2. Abbey (when he is ready swap to 1)
3. J Morris
4. Lafai (needs to work out how to fend and step again)
5. Rona
6. Mbye
7. Chisholm
8. Tolman (c)
9. Cook or Lichaa (let them fight it out in the pre season, no promised positions!)
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson (c)
12. Eastwood
13. Graham (a lock in everything but name, let him play some footy again)

Captain duties seem to be weighing on him, lost a lot of his anger this year.
**** mbye he is useless, I'd rather 6. Reynolds 7. Chisholm.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
ill be honest here, with no decent halves for 2016 in looking forward to 2017 when i hope mbye is gone and we have decent halves

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
01 Moses Mbye
02 Brett Morris
03 Josh Morris
04 Tim Lafai
05 Curtis Rona
06 Josh Reynolds
07 Todd Carney (k)
08 Aiden Tolman
09 Michael Lichaa
10 David Klemmer
11 Josh Jackson
12 Tony Williams
13 Greg Eastwood

14 James Graham
15 Sam Kasiano
16 Shaun Lane
17 Damien Cook
This with lane starting and patty on bench for trex and if not carney Chisholm . I really think Moses can be like barba if he had a full preseason at fullback

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Chisholm isn't tested in first grade. Honestly think mbye at fullback (ball playing ability and quick, full preseason at fb) and bring in Carney.... I like Mbye but think he would best be suited to 1-6, he isn't an organiser.... In saying that Reynolds isn't either, hence the Carney effect.... We lost our best organiser last year in Ennis

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
**** mbye he is useless, I'd rather 6. Reynolds 7. Chisholm.
Mbye is a 5/8, this is where he was playing when he was his most dangerous. It's not the same thing as playing halfback.

Ok, it was proven that he isn't ready to make decisions on the fly as the senior playmaker and needs to drastically improve his kicking options but I believe he showed enough this year to persevere for at least another season. For a reasonable price

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Chisholm isn't tested in first grade. Honestly think mbye at fullback (ball playing ability and quick, full preseason at fb) and bring in Carney.... I like Mbye but think he would best be suited to 1-6, he isn't an organiser.... In saying that Reynolds isn't either, hence the Carney effect.... We lost our best organiser last year in Ennis
I'm not sure if Carney is the best option as an organiser. For me Adam Reynolds would be the perfect 7 to go after, goal kicking, deft kicking and a real presence behind a dominant pack.

Mbye as Fullback? Hmmm it could work, could be interesting or it could be like Sandow.

Stargate44

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'd like to see Cook have a go in the halves, he's played there before and he'd have a little bit more room to move with his speed
Hope So....
Cook would be a outstanding 7 with a Pre-Season under his belt , also we haven't brought Brad Abbey for no reason other than be our Number 1 Fullback........
Also Tyrone Phillips should be considered also............
[h=1][/h]

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Bradley Abbey
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Tim Lafai
5. Curtis Rona
6. Moses Mbye
7. Dane Chisholm
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Damien Cook
10.David Klemmer
11.Josh Jackson
12. Tony Williams
13. Greg Eastwood

14. Sam Kasiano
15. James Graham
16. Shaun Lane
17. Josh Reynolds
lol Lafai is fuked.... release him and Reynolds

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mbye is a 5/8, this is where he was playing when he was his most dangerous. It's not the same thing as playing halfback.

Ok, it was proven that he isn't ready to make decisions on the fly as the senior playmaker and needs to drastically improve his kicking options but I believe he showed enough this year to persevere for at least another season. For a reasonable price
How about get that Jaliene Graham guy as halfback and mbye 5/8 if mbye can play well there like you said?

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How about get that Jaliene Graham guy as halfback and mbye 5/8 if mbye can play well there like you said?
I like the look of Jaline Graham, but he's another ball runner. We need a half with a kicking game

Barba

TANK
Reaction score
our squad is weaker without pritchard and hodko and trex coming back in so if we don't make any new signings or find someone from lower grades OR change our ****ing shit game plan, nothing is gonna happen next year

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see Cook have a go in the halves, he's played there before and he'd have a little bit more room to move with his speed
I'm with you. I'd see Cook as halfback, Mbye to fullback and Morris to the wing.

I reckon Cook has the speed and ability to read the game to be our half. He can make Reynolds into a game breaker; and Mbye chiming in from fullback with his speed would be just what we need. We also need to learn what a football is - how to catch one and how to kick one.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd rather keep the money we would need to recruit Carney and spend it on Damian Cook. He has been the standout in the last few weeks. If we let him go we're mad.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would love to see cook at 7 ,fast ,hits hard,good passing game

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As mentioned before we need a ball playing full back, a better halfback and either Josh or Moses to take the 5/8th role and improve their kicking big time, trim some fat i.e. remove Trex and underperforming players from the team, a proper goal kicker, a taller and much more athletic Rona type winger next to Lafai and Lichaa/Cook bench rotation who are allowed to run.

Des mate you are being out coached by some coaches who don't even come near your calibre, fix it asap...

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbye is nothing more than a glorified centre at best.

You have a look at the Rookies who are starting to emerge in the halves.

Elgey - has a long and short passing game along with a perfect kicking game and runs the ball to the line. Shit defence.

Milford - been in 1st grade a couple of seasons but 1st year in the halves. Has developed a short and long passing game. Takes the line on and draws defenders. Superb support play. No long kicking game yet and has developed as a decent short kicking game. Defence has been good.

Hastings - excellent kicking game, runs the ball to the line and has a good short passing game. Defence will be worked on and kicking game will be developed no doubt.

Mbye - Does not posses a long kicking game what's so ever. Can put a grubbers in when he is 5m out from the line. No long passing game and has a very predictable draw and pass in him. Defence needs alot of work. The kid already thinks of the $$$ and hasn't earned the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.