New Assistant Coach Steve Antonelli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Jack

Waterboy
Reaction score
From the Mounties Facebook page:

Announcement:

Mounties would like to announce the departure of head coach Steve Antonelli who has taken up an assistant coaches role to Dean Pay at the Canterbury Bulldogs.

During his five seasons as head coach at Mounties, Steve has led a professional team and set an extremely high standard at the club which has resulted in our senior teams consistently reaching the finals and going deep into the playoffs.

Steve has excelled at player development which has seen a number of players rise through the grades to reach NRL level and his commitment to the players and club will be missed.

We congratulate Steve on his new appointment and wish he and his family all the best in the years to come.

An announcement on the new coaching structure will be made in the coming weeks.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guessing bulldogs to announce it tomorrow. Wonder if Hetherington will get announced at same time

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He and Pay are very similar coaches which I guess will work well. Both ensure their teams focus on hard hitting in defence and no nonsense hard work and effort.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Guessing bulldogs to announce it tomorrow. Wonder if Hetherington will get announced at same time
I sure hope he comes on board. With his direction im hopeful lichaa will really come on next year!!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting appointment, the words professional and high standard is in the right direction, we are going to love this fresh start in 18.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He and Pay are very similar coaches which I guess will work well. Both ensure their teams focus on hard hitting in defence and no nonsense hard work and effort.
And they are also known to let players play to their strengths, unlike Des, telling them to play a different way that isnt using their best attributes. i.e Lichaa and his running game. Des wanted a passing machine that just layed it up for forwards all day to run it, and tackled a lot. Suppressed his attacking game. Dont think he was the only player affected in that way too.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And they are also known to let players play to their strengths, unlike Des, telling them to play a different way that isnt using their best attributes. i.e Lichaa and his running game. Des wanted a passing machine that just layed it up for forwards all day to run it, and tackled a lot. Suppressed his attacking game. Dont think he was the only player affected in that way too.
One could only hope so... I truly believe we'll give the comp a real shake up next yr despite many thinking well just get it or miss the 8.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So is david penna gone along with hasler? Is hetherington coming too? What about kimmorley? I want them all. Lol

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck and welcome onboard.
With a name like that he should be coaching Apia Leichhardt !
Only joking,more Italions the better.
Chao

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good luck and welcome onboard.
With a name like that he should be coaching Apia Leichhardt !
Only joking,more Italions the better.
Chao
I was thinking the same, what's with these
I-tallians into league?

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
they are the Canberra NSW cup side arnt they ?

Status
Not open for further replies.