Other News Source Nelson Asofa-Solomona On The Outer At Melbourne - Reports

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He definitely was impressive, I’m generally stunned at how many big boppers they have up front and somehow our front row stocks are full of midgets.

We need to improve that balance and hope we are all over some young front rowers coming through as it’s going to be challenging getting anyone of note because of how important they’ve become and also how scarce they are…
On average, we have the smallest middles in the NRL - one exception is Hughes, I don’t understand Ciro’s use of our biggest forward. Hughes is up there with the biggest in the NRL and we’re only using him for 14-20mins a game….

If we were able to snare NAS, would be a massive coup, I dare say Storm would ask for a swap deal if we’re a chance.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Broncos have Ben Te Kura contracted in their top 30 until the end of 2026

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
On average, we have the smallest middles in the NRL - one exception is Hughes, I don’t understand Ciro’s use of our biggest forward. Hughes is up there with the biggest in the NRL and we’re only using him for 14-20mins a game….

If we were able to snare NAS, would be a massive coup, I dare say Storm would ask for a swap deal if we’re a chance.
great they can have the fox back.

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Penrith forward pack is no bigger or smaller than ours. Fisher Harris only 103kg.
Leota is 108kg
Liam Henry Lindsay Smith are only about 105kg.
The proof is in the pudding. Its all about heart, courage, determination and wanting to win more then your opponent. This obsession with size is crazy. I would take Penrith front rowers any day of the week.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Penrith forward pack is no bigger or smaller than ours. Fisher Harris only 103kg.
Leota is 108kg
The proof is in the pudding. Its all about heart, courage, determination and wanting to win more then your opponent. This obsession with size is crazy. I would take Penrith front rowers any day of the week.
We seem to have forgotten how important a rugby league halfback is, he is the player that sends the props into spaces or to get bashed by the opposite forwards, without his timely and well directed passes all the heart determination and courage would diminish very quickly no matter how big and strong the forwards are, they can only take so much !!!

Last edited:

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Leota is 108kg
You're ignoring the fact they have the best yardage back 3 in the comp. Taaffe and JAC can't do the same thing.

Aside from that, "size" is this catch-all term that people use to define the fact that we get run over by the big packs. It's not that we don't have Hughes and King, it's that when they're not on the field, our middle is often something like Curran, Mann and Salmon or Morrin.

There's no stat for it, but the eye test suggests we are the worst team at putting players on the grass and dominating the wrestle. This is why we get pinged for ruck infringements so much, trying to hold down but haven't earnt the right.

Last edited:

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Where is our big boy?
Matalavea-Booth..is he even with us anymore?
If so…where is he in development?

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Where is our big boy?
Matalavea-Booth..is he even with us anymore?
If so…where is he in development?
Still recovering from injury real bad one still several weeks away

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus Said he will play Massey next week. With our injuries wonder if he gets bumped up to cup.
Well that is good news, hopefully he can add muscle to his frame and unlock his potential. We could sure use some luck with finding some forwards.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If Bellyache has NAS playing Reggie’s there is a very good reason, I think it’s a moot point anyway no way Gus will give him the money he wants and nor should he. We have paid huge money for fucking duds for way too long. As much as I like what he would bring he’s past his best and just not worth the coin.

Last edited:

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Bellyache has NAS playing Reggie’s there is a very good reason, I think it’s a moot point anyway no way Gus will give him the money he wants and nor should he. We have paid huge money for fucking duds for way too long. As much as I like what would bring he’s past his best and just not worth the coin.
An 18 month deal would be great but yeah he’s obviously not doing something right at the moment And probably not worth the hassle.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
An 18 month deal would be great but yeah he’s obviously not doing something right at the moment And probably not worth the hassle.
Or he could play with a chip on his shoulder and go out there to prove people like belly wrong. A short term contract might be worth the gamble.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I always thought NAS was a monster. Thought he was a 150m 35 tackle prop. But it was Bromwich in his prime playing behind Cronk and smith that was that player not NAS. I guess watching him live compared to what he actually did was vastly different. Quality prop, not sure on his health and fitness but walks into our team as our best prop.

If he would even be released or if he’d be happy at belmore are different stories. But at $850k you’d almost pull the trigger. Atleast until some of our pups will be ready in a year or 2. Way better then Taumololo.

Reactions: Lex