Other News Source Nelson Asofa-Solomona On The Outer At Melbourne - Reports

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And he would come here a turn into a plodder, good players come here for a holiday and big money. Have we not figured this out yet :tearsofjoy: :grinning:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
NAS is only just turned 28, so it's not like he is 30+ and past it. Plenty of years left.

I get the feeling that there is something going on here that we don't know about, he only signed a 4 year contract last season, until 2027 with 2028 as a Mutual Option. What's changed? Did he sign for unders, big unders and now he is kicking stones?

Interestingly NAS sold his house in Melbourne a couple of weeks ago.

Always a Bulldog

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
NAS is only just turned 28, so it's not like he is 30+ and past it. Plenty of years left.

I get the feeling that there is something going on here that we don't know about, he only signed a 4 year contract last season, until 2027 with 2028 as a Mutual Option. What's changed? Did he sign for unders, big unders and now he is kicking stones?

Interestingly NAS sold his house in Melbourne a couple of weeks ago.

Always a Bulldog
Hopefully he’s found a nice little 3x1 Punchbowl

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
storm rarely let anyone go unless there's a player swap
As was the case of Olam in a swap for Blore. They probably needed a forward so got rid of a back who was out of form and injured.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Of course it’s not happening. Tongue in cheek comment from me.
Rumours are just rumours...But where is the harm in dreaming ?
Then again stranger things have happened !

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They’ll release him at the end of his contract and demand Preston and we’ll just roll over amd pay full freight but also giving them what they want.. just like Reimis, Meaney and Finucane.
If the rumours are true, I am Basing my opinion on our desperate need for a prop,
I would be willing to part with any of our forwards except for Kikau to gain NAS.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They’ll release him at the end of his contract and demand Preston and we’ll just roll over amd pay full freight but also giving them what they want.. just like Reimis, Meaney and Finucane.
Nah we have Gus now he will put them in there place.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I was told tonight by one of Jac's family members that he's reached out to Nas about coming to the Dogs, doesn't mean anything will eventuate but just thought I'd pass it on.
Too much attitude for us apparently

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Under the assistant, he will become a 1/4 of a middle.
The best forwards coach is Brad Arthur and I’d say Wayne Bennett and Bellamy seem to know what to say to rev their boys up.

Ciro was a forward himself, he should be able to develop some good ones but he does lack middles with any decent size at his disposal - Be interesting to see how he goes with Big Nelson.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best forwards coach is Brad Arthur and I’d say Wayne Bennett and Bellamy seem to know what to say to rev their boys up.

Ciro was a forward himself, he should be able to develop some good ones but he does lack middles with any decent size at his disposal - Be interesting to see how he goes with Big Nelson.
Developing a player from juniors/reserves into first grade and managing the personality of a developed player are 2 different things. NAS doesn’t need any development, sounds like he needs an attitude shift

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Melb are concerned about the attitude of a player and people here want him at dogs asap? Ok
It is entirely possible that NAS's current attitude is being caused due to his treatment by Melbourne, after all he has never had a reported attitude problem before. Remove the cause and his attitude will revert to standard.

Always a Bulldog

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Storms only area of “weakness” is in their backrow stocks - Chan and Loiero currently at lock and second row…. Storm don’t move on players like NAS without a like-for-like swap deal…. Who would we exchange if we’re interested? I can only assume like-for-like would be one of Preston/Kiks/Curran?

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Nelson does leave the Storm it will be for Union