Nathan Peats vs Rockstar fullback

Should Nathan Peats be our next target or are we better off going for the elusive Rockstar Fullback?

• Yes, let's go for Peatsy!!

Votes: 23 71.9%
  • No, we need a "Rockstar" fullback!!

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are better off signing another prop forward

NRNM

Waterboy
Reaction score
Ok just my opinion, but the phrase "Rockstar Fullback" is annoying as shit. Don't think there's ever been 1

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think we need to sign the most expensive hooker on the market. Just get sufferings that has decision making ability that can get out sets started the right way. I'm not really sure what other options are available on the market, but hopefully by next season Woolford is ready if the hype about him is true.

As long as our fullback next year is capable in support play I think we'll look like a better team.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly he just made Origin so is asking price went up further.

We sign woods and Foran, you guys are fucking delusional if you think we have money to sign another big name.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I absolutely think peats would be the best signing. We have hoppa at fullback currently who is likely to re-sign, and abbey coming along in ISP. So i figure hoppa will likely move to centre at the end of next year if the morris boys are moved on, and abbey will come in to replace him.
I Also think its possible that mbye can flourish in the halves with foran and a quality hooker who can actually read the game and pass from dummy half.
For me its a no brainer. PEATS!!!
I agree, I think the most likely starting half combination next season is Foran 7 and Mybe 6.

Not sure where that leaves Frawley?

gibbobulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i think Foran fixes both organising half and hooker problem

With Foran calling the shots the hooker only needs to follow his instructions

So fullback more important than hooker now
That depends on how many games per year Foran will be fit enough to play.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I
I agree, I think the most likely starting half combination next season is Foran 7 and Mybe 6.

Not sure where that leaves Frawley?
I think that's what it might be too which is why I can't understand for the life of me why Frawley is playing out of position at #6 and Mbye at #7 unless it's Frawley being groomed for #6?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I

I think that's what it might be too which is why I can't understand for the life of me why Frawley is playing out of position at #6 and Mbye at #7 unless it's Frawley being groomed for #6?
Could be, it's hard to know.

They could already have a deal with another club for Mbye?? Maybe unlikely but you never know.

Personally I think the biggest problem in our roster is Mbye, he’s on big money $650k, $750K, $850K??? Who the fuck knows but what we do know is he’s not earning it.

That can’t be good for the team, other players seeing a guy getting paid top dollar and is at times a passenger.

Football players are like race horses, twitchy and little things can take away from team morale and cohesion. Like Ben Barba’s antics in 2013 which put the whole team off their game.

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't think I'm living in the past when I say forwards win matches.

When we look at who we've got in our forward roster and how they're performing it would go a long way to back up my opening statement.

Lichaa - Fail
Eastwood - Fat unfit and fail
Kasiano - Fat unfit and fail (this guy could be anything but he's happy sliding to the bottom)
Jackson - One of the best in the NRL
Klemmer - Has lost almost everything at club level - A Desball casualty
Graham - Will be 32 years old around grand Final time but still gives it his best shot
Tolman - Will tackle all day and has improved his hit ups. As gutsy as they come.
Faitala-Mariner - Why he never even gets a bench spot is beyond me. Has a lot of attackingpotential
Elliott - A real up and comer. Will be one of the Bulldogs best IMO.

I've come up with nine forwards here and five of them don't or can't play up to first grade standard. Nathan Peats is now rated as Origin standard hooker. So I reckon we should put a very attractive package to him. And the hooker/ dummy half is the one who triggers our attack from every play the ball, and we badly need one who can reignite our go forward.
I think last year was proof that forwards don't win matches. It's all well and good to get down the field at ease but without the attacking prowess you just can't trouble the good sides in the competition

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong hes a real tough player but hes not a creative hooker or a dynamic runner. I don't think he'd make the impact for us that people think. Would have prefered us to have gone after segeyaro when he was available

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lol let's think outside the box make Nathan peats our rockstar fullback haha

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think last year was proof that forwards don't win matches. It's all well and good to get down the field at ease but without the attacking prowess you just can't trouble the good sides in the competition
Yeah, I'll compromise on that one. :grinning::grinning:

When i posted it I must have taken it for granted that the Dogs had the same weaponry that other team's fans take for granted. I must have been in time warp to the days of Shifty Sherwin.
I think these lyrics from Split Enz sum it up nicely:

"One by one I counted all those happiest of days.
Yeah, That was my mistake.
Why, That was my mistake". :fearscream::fearscream:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong hes a real tough player but hes not a creative hooker or a dynamic runner. I don't think he'd make the impact for us that people think. Would have prefered us to have gone after segeyaro when he was available
He's the best available (as in off contract).
All other quality hookers and/or fullbacks for that matter are under contract.

I guess the other question that needs to be asked is are we grooming Mbye for #9 or #6
next year?

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's the best available (as in off contract).
All other quality hookers and/or fullbacks for that matter are under contract.

I guess the other question that needs to be asked is are we grooming Mbye for #9 or #6
next year?
Smith, hodgson and granville are the only hookers who run the footy consistently and are worth big money. The rest are just solid defenders. Theres no way the club should throw big money at peats which he'd be asking for to just be a tackling machine. Based on the signing of brown and des playing garvey off the bench last week its looking like he might want to play two hookers regularly

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Smith, hodgson and granville are the only hookers who run the footy consistently and are worth big money. The rest are just solid defenders. Theres no way the club should throw big money at peats which he'd be asking for to just be a tackling machine. Based on the signing of brown and des playing garvey off the bench last week its looking like he might want to play two hookers regularly
I'm not saying Peats is in the Calibre of a future immortal Smith and from an attacking perspective, guys like Hodgson and Granville are better, however, There's plenty more to that position then tackling, darting out of dummy half and putting in the odd kick.

Peats directs the big guys, leads the defensive line, picks the right sides of the field to attack, engages the markers, delivers flat quick passes and is as tough as nails.

I'm up for any improvement to our existing spine.

Status
Not open for further replies.