N.S.W Cup on right now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Did you watch the game?

He chased down a sharks winger from the opposite side of the field and pulled him into touch! Im always impressed with Romelo
He gets that from being a a 8yo pig hunter in Darwin growing up :becky

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fair enough, although that was to a claim that he was deliberately throwing the games ... but non the less you did say given the grade difference he should have been better

Which is a fair point given your opinion, in my opinion he played a very good game
Which you are more than entitled to. I think he definitly had moments of quality (which i mentioned several times in my updates and review of the game that i actually attended)

To point me out as someone who only criticised Roberts is unfair and ridiculous

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Which you are more than entitled to. I think he definitly had moments of quality (which i mentioned several times in my updates and review of the game that i actually attended)

To point me out as someone who only criticised Roberts is unfair and ridiculous
I didn't do that ...

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I watched the game. Roberts was very ordinary.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
x2
on game day where possible it should be :

1st game u/20s
2nd game reserve grade (NSW cup perhaps turned into NRL reserve grade cup or something like that)
3rd game NRL first grade

do they play NSW cup on seperate days, in case they need an emergency replacement for first grade??
is the whole deal with u/20s to attract more younger guys into our comp?

NSW cup is very enjoyable to watch as there are a lot of NRL players in the teams... (esp the doggies team :grinning: )
I've got a feeling the under 20s is promoted because of the Toyota sponsorship?

NSW Cup isn't even played every week, is it?

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
I've got a feeling the under 20s is promoted because of the Toyota sponsorship?

NSW Cup isn't even played every week, is it?
Probably the fact most clubs don't even run a NSW Cup would play a big role too me reckons :p

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
Probably the fact most clubs don't even run a NSW Cup would play a big role too me reckons :p
It's such bull****. I feel sorry for players coming back from injury, and considering we have half the NRL injured, you'd think a reserve grade overhaul would be top of the list.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
It's such bull****. I feel sorry for players coming back from injury, and considering we have half the NRL injured, you'd think a reserve grade overhaul would be top of the list.
Me too ... but what can you do, wank-factors count for alot

and Toyota Cup gets more interest then a reserve grade game :(

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
Me too ... but what can you do, wank-factors count for alot

and Toyota Cup gets more interest then a reserve grade game :(
I don't see why... those kids are boring to watch and the scores are always ridiculous.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Without sounding like Gladiator here ... may I ask what you're basing that claim on ?
General Play. Cronulla's last try for instance, he went for the intercept instead of marking up in defence. For someone with his experience and being an ex international, he should be lighting up this competition. From viewing the match, Romelo was the prominant figure. I guess Roberts is an ex international for a reason.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't see why... those kids are boring to watch and the scores are always ridiculous.
Hence why I call it the Turnstile Cup
I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like 38-32 scorlines.

I try to enjoy the NYC but honestly, it just feels like I'm watching a bunch of mates playing footy in some park....

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like 38-32 scorlines.

I try to enjoy the NYC but honestly, it just feels like I'm watching a bunch of mates playing footy in some park....
Exactly.

On another note, you always here people *****ing and moaning about the lack of development of halves in the game. If we had a decent reserve grade comp where the kids could go on to develop their skills against adults and players closer to NRL standard, we'd be a lot better off for it.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly.

On another note, you always here people *****ing and moaning about the lack of development of halves in the game. If we had a decent reserve grade comp where the kids could go on to develop their skills against adults and players closer to NRL standard, we'd be a lot better off for it.
We had that a while ago until we, apparently, we're dying to see a bunch of kids, some of who are still in school, kick a ball around with their mates/play in a youth competition.

How many true stars/regular starters has this comp given us? And I don't mean some overgrown islander forward.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
I agree completely

Much more interesting watching FG quality players going at it
If the reserve grade got a crowd and a run before the NRL game, I reckon it'd make the players fighting for a first grade spot even hungrier for it and therefore pull out even better performances.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I even like looking at all the Reserve Grade's team lists and spotting how many of these players do/have played in the NRL.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've said it a thousand times before, but they really need to play a reserve grade comp before first grade and have a minimum amount of players that are under a certain age like 21. Say if they must play 6 or 7 players under 21 and the rest can be whoever they want. This way young up and coming players get to play against experienced and better players, and players returning from injury will be playing in a decent standard comp rather than in front of a few hundred family and friends. I used to love the old days of under 21's, then reserve grade before first grade. I didn't always watch reserve grade but when I did it was much better to watch than the turnstyles who only know how to attack in Toyota Cup.

They can make this Toyota Cup with the naming rights and get rid of the under 20's altogether.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If the reserve grade got a crowd and a run before the NRL game, I reckon it'd make the players fighting for a first grade spot even hungrier for it and therefore pull out even better performances.
I remember when Reserve Grade was on before first grade, we use to go earlier to the games just to watch reserve grade play.

Status
Not open for further replies.