My GF thoughts

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Every other team in the comp is several levels below these two teams. Penriff are going to have to find another elite centre and a gun benchie forward, plus have a good run in regards injuries in order to do it again next season.

Hard to tell if Bonks can have as good or better a season next year, but hard to see them not being in the GF again. They aren't losing much, but Reynolds is running out of time.
They’re losing Flagler & Fairnworth.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haas is insane! He stood out so far ahead of any other Bronco's forward.

Leota & JFH is a top combo. Haas is dead set a one man wrecking ball, great performance from him.
Carrigan was immense also really goes to show without forwards you get no where

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
My thoughts, Walsh can sure run but FMD the rest of his game is totally shit, can’t read the defence, directs play like Italian Traffic Police, waves his arms around randomly and yells unintelligible nonsense. As for tackling, well he just doesn’t, no farkin idea how to close gaps and calling him a “shirt grabber” is a compliment.

Always a Bulldog

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reece Walsh out of position a few times in defence.. didn’t follow the ball from marker on that last Cleary try cost them the game.
possibly the best 20mins of clutch from a half I’ve seen on the big stage.. thought his first half was pretty average.
Penrith struggle a bit when their start front rowers are off.. I pray to god we can produce a couple of front rowers like they have.. worth their weight in gold these days.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They’re losing Flagler & Fairnworth.
They have Mariner coming up, he is looking likely, and if he doesn't cut it, you watch them land some other gun. Flegler they may miss, but that may be the price for keeping Haas and Carrigan (though Bonkos cap goes a lot further than most). I thought Palasia was pretty good tonight, in fact looking at the stats he made almost as many run metres as Haas, with half the game time. Jensen and Hetherington are pretty reliable middles. They have some reserves that could step up in the next season or two.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Bronco could never break Panther momentum which Bronco gave to them with 1 drop ball and line break (not playing safe when up 24-8) when Panther were shot. Reynolds also did 2 in-between drop outs when they needed to go short to break Panther momentum because there was no way Bronco could hold out much longer. I think Bronco threw the game but Panther were also pretty much perfect and their starting middles were massive in their 2nd stint.

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Broncos start to the second half was crazy, Mam single-handlely tore the panthers apart. But in the last 15 mins they literally reverted back to how they played in the first half…

They had the premiership in the palm of their hands but the lack of experience in such a big game and the lack of leadership from Reynolds failed them.

Panthers played great in the last 15 mins and that’s all they needed. Both these clubs won’t be going anywhere, I won’t be surprised to see a rematch next year. Compared to every other team in the comp, these two are way ahead of everyone else.

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh can I also add how much I hate these stupid short drop outs. Since when did it become a thing? And for Reynolds to be continuously trying it when it already failed him….. terrible

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh can I also add how much I hate these stupid short drop outs. Since when did it become a thing? And for Reynolds to be continuously trying it when it already failed him….. terrible
Totally agree here, it’s a low percentage play and most of times it doesn’t pull off. It’s great when you actually pull it off.

Reynolds short drop outs lead to a try, penalty and repeated set. Just punt the ball 45-50m and back your defence.

Last edited:

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brisbane choked other than that great game.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I
Reece Walsh out of position a few times in defence.. didn’t follow the ball from marker on that last Cleary try cost them the game.
possibly the best 20mins of clutch from a half I’ve seen on the big stage.. thought his first half was pretty average.
Penrith struggle a bit when their start front rowers are off.. I pray to god we can produce a couple of front rowers like they have.. worth their weight in gold these days.
I credit Broncos defence as to why Penrith couldn't score points with so much posession in the first half, but also the fact they kept going for sweep plays.

Normally with that much posession, they expected to score and it was starting to frustrate them. In the end, they scored a try without the ball rather than with it! (Mitch Kenny fortuitous try).

What I loved about the second half was the footy brains of the 2 halves.... Reynolds showed why he is a great thinker by aiming his dropouts low and to the sideline players. But it was matched by an even smarter Cleary who absolutely nailed his timing in catching it on the full.

He then nails a 40-20 on 3rd tackle with scoreboard against them, scores a great individual try and set up the first one on a plate to Leota.

No one will ever convince me otherwise that you need to smartest players in your spine and you'll go no where without smart players.