Moving Players On

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DWZ last season compared to this season is like two different players. I can't think of a reason why he could be great last year and pretty ordinary this year. He's still a strong ball runner with some pace. But his confidence has dropped off drastically. Think the only description I've heard of it is the yips. For some reason you get mental demons that prevent you from being able to do things you used to be good at. Felt a bit sad to see him run from one side of the field to the other vs the Eels. Last year he'd have just ran straight at the line.
I guess it might be because he thought that he would make it at FB, having failed to nail down the spot he has lost some confidence, brother.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DWZ last season compared to this season is like two different players. I can't think of a reason why he could be great last year and pretty ordinary this year. He's still a strong ball runner with some pace. But his confidence has dropped off drastically. Think the only description I've heard of it is the yips. For some reason you get mental demons that prevent you from being able to do things you used to be good at. Felt a bit sad to see him run from one side of the field to the other vs the Eels. Last year he'd have just ran straight at the line.
Agree with u,really down on confidence,he has no confidence on the high ball,teams target him every game,maybe if he attacks the ball a bit more instead of watching it ,might do the trick,he needs to do something,because at the moment,he’s a big negative for our team

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have faith in Barrett's coaching ability, especially with halves but you can't coach someone to throw a ball five metres on target. If he can't do that as a six year old, let alone in his third season of FG then there's nothing that can be done to help him.

The only hope is that another club values his willingness in defence and big boot and takes a chance on him on the cheap. Which isn't likely I know.

Either way the club will recruit a half. There's no way we can start next season with a combo of Lewis and Wakeham.
Wakeham isn’t ready I think he has another year in Canterbury cup to improve

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Straight up tell the temp staff they can tell the deadweight to fuck off from the club pronto, better the temp staff do it under the instructions of Barrett but say the club made the decision.

mixa79

Waterboy
Reaction score
Most likely we will be stuck with them. Napa can play off the bench, its his final year anyway. Same with Lewis, will probably be a back up half, if they can move him on it would be nice but I don't see too many teams chasing our duds. Looks like Barrett is going to have to instill some confidence and ball control into DWZ because we'll need him to play wing for the next 2yrs
Lewis is a great defender needs to work on attack for sure I’m willing to give him a go under Barrett as I think he will improve