Movie Discussion

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I watched Perfect Stranger the other day. Bruce Willis, Halle Berry. Nearly everything you'd expect from a movie nearly 20 years ago. I didnt pick the twist (who done it) thought it was well done.

I watched A Quiet Place 1 & 2 aswell. Enjoyed them. Theyre making a 3rd.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Movie simply titled Till.It is a story about disgusting racism in yankland in the 50s, Mississippi in this instance and the murder of Emmett Till a mere boy just 14 years old.

Of course this isn't an uncommon thing sadly but this case I found it amazing what they got away with.Wont add any spoilers but one or two things that occurred within a year of the trial made my mind boggle and ignited a good deal of anger about these racist ***** :(

Well worth watching imo, it's pretty alarming irrespective of it occurring nearly 70 years ago.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone remember the sci-fi "Fire in the sky " ,still one of my fav movies

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You could argue that ‘From’ is a zombie tv show and in which case, that is the best Zombie SHOW.
Yes there is alot of unidentified mysteries still, since it’s from the LOST creators, but those monsters are just charming zombies really.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Finally watched Barbie

Such an incredible steaming pile of liberal garbage that is almost satirical.

The supposed intention of the film was to empower women, but instead did nothing but tear down men.

Some men would leaving this movie feeling bad about being a man, and feeling like they owe something to women, which is all a part of the gaslight that the directors were aiming for. Women, on the other hand, feel as though they must rave about how good this movie is, because in what world other than an imaginary world is the world run entirely by women?

The answer is that there are in fact no real worlds run entirely by women, but there are also no real worlds run entirely by men.

The idea that a world could be run by entirely one gender is preposterous.

The film also takes unnecessary shot’s at capitalism, which served as comedic relief for me, because brands such as Mattel, Chevrolet, and Barbie itself are all featured heavily in the movie, and all have reaped incredible benefits from a capitalist society.

Almost 2 hours of my life has been wasted. I give it 1 star, because I can't give a zero rating.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Watched resident evil on the plane to the states along with two other movies and that was the worst of the bunch. Even with nothing else to do I still lost interest and some of the acting was horrendous, especially from Michelle Rodriguez

1/5

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched resident evil on the plane to the states along with two other movies and that was the worst of the bunch. Even with nothing else to do I still lost interest and some of the acting was horrendous, especially from Michelle Rodriguez

1/5
I love the Resident Evil movies, but they're trash. Poor writing, bad overacting, stupidly over the top action scenes. And the first movie was the best of them. They only got worse after that.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cocaine Bear has just lobbed on Netflix.
As they say high impact blood and gore throughout but it is a right good laugh :tearsofjoy:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched DC's Blue Beetle

I will say that it's not a good movie, but it's worth watching for the good parts.

The family dynamic is excellent. There's some great comedy in there and some good characters. But a lot of it is cringe and derivative. They reuse stuff that you've seen in 100 other superhero movies.

The writing is also terrible. There's weird turning points that seem to be missing context. It feels like the story should have been longer. There's weird half-arsed character development. Imagine a character that's hell bent on destroying everything, then the next scene that same character is the voice of reason. No character arc at all. Just randomly changes.

As I said, still worth the watch but switch your brain off.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly as an entertainer he has been at the top of the pile for decades..I have enjoyed a lot of his movies over this time.

Mr95 You're all over new release movies what are your thoughts/expectations on the new release Killers Of The Flower Moon?
I'm going to assume you will be seeing this soon, it premieres on Thursday i think? I also note it's 206 minutes long ..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly as an entertainer he has been at the top of the pile for decades..I have enjoyed a lot of his movies over this time.

Mr95 You're all over new release movies what are your thoughts/expectations on the new release Killers Of The Flower Moon?
I'm going to assume you will be seeing this soon, it premieres on Thursday i think? I also note it's 206 minutes long ..
Never heard of this one B66..
Had a little Google..Ahh so that’s the new one with DiCaprio..the cast looks great..and the director is Scorsese.. I’m getting a little Mississippi Burning vibes..which was a brilliant movie. Just watched trailer, looks the goods!

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Never heard of this one B66..
Had a little Google..Ahh so that’s the new one with DiCaprio..the cast looks great..and the director is Scorsese.. I’m getting a little Mississippi Burning vibes..which was a brilliant movie. Just watched trailer, looks the goods!
I've been told it's a perfect masterpiece from several people.

So naturally I'm skeptical

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Chimp you are connoisseur of movies..but Scorsese normally delivers..
Appreciate that 95.

And right you are, he's one of the best but I personally felt that while the Irishman had its moments, it was overhyped and overlong.

So I hope this one isn't the same deal, should be good with decaprio in the lead as anythinhg with him in it tends to be great as the guy is a terrific actor and can carry a movie on his own

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If it's still playing when I'm near a cinema in Nov I'll consider going if my mate wants to, a small concern however is 3.5 hours in what are generally cramped for room and not all that comfy cinema seats(I liken them to sitting in a fucking aeroplane seat if there too long as you basically cant move) lol

Be worth a watch though one way or another I reckon though i am De Niro biased.
In my eyes old Bobby is a true legend(irrespective of the odd stinker)and I've always really liked Dicaprio too.

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m a member of some horror movie groups and this one is voted the best horror of the 21st century.
Unilad also just said something similar.
I have to agree actually. It is….different.
Slow Burn.

Agree or disagree?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
totally-killer-poster.jpg

So it's 1987 a killer in one of the worst masks in horrordy history has killed three girls then abruptly stops until 35 years later when an annoying Gen z chic accidentally goes back in time to 1987
Can she prevent these murders from happening and get back to 2023?

Ugh where to start with this one. First off its a Blum house production so that's never a good sign of quality. The script was seemingly written by a bunch of mid to late teen overprogressive tik-tok Gen zer's who are ashamed of one of the greatest decades in horror movie history being the 80's, there's literally several lines where the main girl berates the other characters for homophobic & fat quips because "it's great to be gay and your comment had deeply hurtful undertones and it is not OK"
That's an actual quote from this thing, I shit you not
It's actually a shame because the premise is decent and if it were executed properly with a decent script, capable director and without the PC shite that's everywhere now, it could have been a fun 100 minute watch, instead the only saving grace was hearing bizarre love triangle by new order and the killing moon by echo and the bunnymen.

. 05/5