Movie Discussion

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve read about this in a Michael Jordan book, hopefully the movie is just as good. His mum wanted him to sign with Nike, MJ wanted to go with Adidas.
After we watched the trailer last night, the Mrs started looking up the proceedings. In 2022 alone Jordan earned $150 million from Nike. Over his total career playing Basketball he only earned around $86 million. Over his lifetime he has made $1.3 billion thanks to Air Jordan.

Not a bad deal at all.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I see a classic is making an appearance on Netflix..I'll be re-watching the great man Jack Nicholson in this fantastic film again real soon.

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

Idk if younger people will like it but this flick scooped all 5 of the major Academy awards and is one of the greats in many people's eyes.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I see a classic is making an appearance on Netflix..I'll be re-watching the great man Jack Nicholson in this fantastic film again real soon.

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

Idk if younger people will like it but this flick scooped all 5 of the major Academy awards and is one of the greats in many people's eyes.
Hey I watched that last week!!!! It’s a brilliant movie..great performance all round.. a few actors some might not recognise.. Danny De Vito..Christopher Lloyd Doc Brown from Back to the Future..Brad Dourif who played Worm Tongue in Lord of the Rings..A movie about being treated as a number, not an individual..about being controlled and not allowed to be who you are..losing your identity which was what happened in Psychiatric Centres in this era..the novel it was adapted from was set in the 1960s..

Here’s some interesting trivia..looks at Kirk and Michael Douglas’ role and getting the film adaption to the screen..

Last edited:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As per norm new movie trailers have come out during the Super Bowl..

The Flash..this looks good..I love that Michael Keaton is back as Batman..watch the subtle change in his eyes when he says “I’m Batman“..

Another Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny trailer..actually looks more an Indy movie than Skull, but cgi looks a little ummm.. and I’m still not sold what you think @Realist90

Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3.. looks great fun!

Dungeon and Dragons..Honour Among Thieves.. like Chris Pine..but I’m not sure about this one..

Transformers 7 Rise of the Beasts.. not a fan of the series..but the effects are getting better and better.. Thankfully Wahlberg isn’t in it..

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hey I watched that last week!!!! It’s a brilliant movie..great performance all round.. a few actors some might not recognise.. Danny De Vito..Christopher Lloyd Doc Brown from Back to the Future..Brad Dourif who played Worm Tongue in Lord of the Rings..A movie about being treated as a number, not an individual..about being controlled and not allowed to be who you are..losing your identity which was what happened in Psychiatric Centres in this era..the novel it was adapted from was set in the 1960s..

Here’s some interesting trivia..looks at Kirk and Michael Douglas’ role and getting the film adaption to the screen..

Fantastic movie mate, I love Jack he ad libbed a lot of his scenes with the other "nutters" too, their interaction was classic it's a masterpiece really..and also sad as you point out in that it highlights what bullshit probably went on unchecked.

Sadly also Louise Fletcher who played nurse Ratched his adversary and joint award winner passed away just last September :( may she RIP..

Old Jack turns 86 soon and is completely out of public life now, hope his health is ok.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fantastic movie mate, I love Jack he ad libbed a lot of his scenes with the other "nutters" too, their interaction was classic it's a masterpiece really..and also sad as you point out in that it highlights what bullshit probably went on unchecked.

Sadly also Louise Fletcher who played nurse Ratched his adversary and joint award winner passed away just last September :( may she RIP..

Old Jack turns 86 soon and is completely out of public life now, hope his health is ok.
Louise Fletcher was outstanding..you know she thought the cast of Cuckoo’s Nest wouldn’t be able to separate her role as Nurse Ratched from reality. One day she shocked everyone by stripping off her nurse’s uniform to reveal a slip and a bra underneath. “It was, like, Here I am. I’m a woman. I am a woman!” Lol!

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As per norm new movie trailers have come out during the Super Bowl..

The Flash..this looks good..I love that Michael Keaton is back as Batman..watch the subtle change in his eyes when he says “I’m Batman“..

Another Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny trailer..actually looks more an Indy movie than Skull, but cgi looks a little ummm.. and I’m still not sold what you think @Realist90

Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3.. looks great fun!

Dungeon and Dragons..Honour Among Thieves.. like Chris Pine..but I’m sure about this one..

Transformers 7 Rise of the Beasts.. not a fan of the series..but the effects are getting better and better.. Thankfully Wahlberg isn’t in it..

Yeah I’m definitely waiting on seeing indy. I actually dislike the overuse of cgi looks more than what was used in skulls.

As for flash, of course they had to change the source material of flashpoint and have super woman not superman as the alien at the end tanning everything. Have you seen the cartoon? Was pretty good.
Definitely not excited for james Gunns reboot.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I’m definitely waiting on seeing indy. I actually dislike the overuse of cgi looks more than what was used in skulls.

As for flash, of course they had to change the source material of flashpoint and have super woman not superman as the alien at the end tanning everything. Have you seen the cartoon? Was pretty good.
The Flashpoint cartoon version was great. Much closer to the original right down to the gun totting Thomas Wayne Batman.

It looks like they may go the Thomas Wayne version as it's the older Batman (Michael Keaton), but I didn't see any guns.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

No never seen the cartoon..looks fun though..
I agree about CGI

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Flashpoint cartoon version was great. Much closer to the original right down to the gun totting Thomas Wayne Batman.

It looks like they may go the Thomas Wayne version as it's the older Batman (Michael Keaton), but I didn't see any guns.
Yeah Keaton as Thomas. He was supposed to be in the Batgirl spinoff but that got canned.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
No never seen the cartoon..looks fun though..
I agree about CGI
The cartoon and comic book are great, 'cause they are basically full on butterfly effect. By saving his mother he so drastically alters time that the world becomes completely messed up.

Flash never gets his powers. Young superman is found by the government instead of the Kents. Bruce Wayne dies instead of Thomas Wayne.

It is probably my equal favourite DC story. It's between Flashpoint and Injustice (Joker kills Lois, Superman turns into a murderous tyrant)

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The cartoon and comic book are great, 'cause they are basically full on butterfly effect. By saving his mother he so drastically alters time that the world becomes completely messed up.

Flash never gets his powers. Young superman is found by the government instead of the Kents. Bruce Wayne dies instead of Thomas Wayne.

It is probably my equal favourite DC story. It's between Flashpoint and Injustice (Joker kills Lois, Superman turns into a murderous tyrant)
So can we agree albeit for different reasons as well as the same reasons that it’s a dumb decision to have superwoman in place of superman? Same reasons being, the source material needed no changing.

They’re both amazing stories. I reckon snyder would’ve done that story justice had Warner bros left him alone tbh and not rushed him to quickly catch up to marvel. It’s crazy to think had they just been patient dceu would’ve probably been Upto their own infinity war by now

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So can we agree albeit for different reasons as well as the same reasons that it’s a dumb decision to have superwoman in place of superman? Same reasons being, the source material needed no changing.

They’re both amazing stories. I reckon snyder would’ve done that story justice had Warner bros left him alone tbh and not rushed him to quickly catch up to marvel. It’s crazy to think had they just been patient dceu would’ve probably been Upto their own infinity war by now
Yep. They literally have Zod in the trailer, and it's the Zod from Man of Steel. Should have been Superman.

I don't mind them bringing in Kara, but it just seems to be a pointless change here.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Read a little about it

Bit likeRed Son…Supes ending up landing in Russia ..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah Keaton as Thomas. He was supposed to be in the Batgirl spinoff but that got canned.
Proves God is real.
I have to admit that I laughed at the story I saw earlier today.

Brendan Fraser was also in the Batgirl movie. In an interview he said that the movie was excellent and that the new Batgirl was perfect for the role. And he said that it was a shame they cancelled it.

When asked which cut he watched, he said that he didn't actually watch any cut. He was just basing this all off his time acting in the movie. Which was very limited.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have to admit that I laughed at the story I saw earlier today.

Brendan Fraser was also in the Batgirl movie. In an interview he said that the movie was excellent and that the new Batgirl was perfect for the role. And he said that it was a shame they cancelled it.

When asked which cut he watched, he said that he didn't actually watch any cut. He was just basing this all off his time acting in the movie. Which was very limited.
That is hilarious lmfao. Thanks for this story

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I watched a couple of Frank Grillo movies last few nights and they were quite ordinary.

Point Break: quite a crappy movie and so much stuff happens in it that he (FG) could have avoided. He then proceeds to send the rest of the movie trying to un-do the mistake he made when he could have done them right at the start.

Wheelman: this one was even worse. The majority of the movie is spent showing FG from the passenger seat of the car. Then when it eventually does pan out and show camera angels outside the car it just seems bad.