Movie Discussion

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you've watched this trailer, the whole movie is in this aspect ratio. It's technically showing more image as it shows bottom and top that were originally recorded then cut out in the widescreen Justice League, but it's really off-putting.

Definitely wasn't an issue on my 65 inch Samsung. I gave a heads up to my mates about it before they watched it and none of them even noticed until I mentioned it.

As for the movie... well.. I watched it last night. Slept at 11 pm. Woke up at 5 cause the little one was raging. Settled him in my arms, and started watching it again.

I did not want to comment on the movie till after I slept.

It's a masterpiece for mine. The story, the characters, the action sequences - they are all really fleshed out. The movie actually has you caring about some of these characters on screen - you even sympathize somewhat with the "main" villain, as he tries to step out of the shadow of a subordinate, and back into the dark family.

I am not saying it's perfect. I have small grievances here and there (quite a bit of slow mo used, Meeras accent, and the odd scene was probably a little longer than needed) - but I will watch this again and again and again.

Also - I slept on it before making the above conclusion. It is miles better than the original butchered version.. it is currently sitting on 8.8 on iMDB - with 15k votes.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Also - typical of comic book movies ...

Fans are LOVING IT
Critics are divided

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry one last thing.. it's one movie, divided into 6 chapters plus an epilogue.

So if you want to watch it, feel free to stop after a few chapters to walk around and get the blood moving.

I watched it one viewing. The missus knew how much I wanted to see this movie, and how much I cared for the whole situation, given what happened to Snyder and his family - so she happily took baby duties whilst I immersed myself into watching something that actually lived up to the hype.

My one HOPE now - is that they use the Flashpoint movie to make it so this is CANON and Whedons version goes in the trash (Days of Future past anyone?). But - by all accounts... that isnt happening :cry::cry::cry:

Reaction score
watched the snyder cut last night. so much better then the original. the colour grading is way better, the bright colourful tone of the original is gone and it looks much better now. the aspect ratio didn't make much difference you don't even notice after a few mins.

most of the stupid dialogue and trying hard to be funny bits of the original are gone, and it serves the characters alot better, like the flash and lois, even aquaman is alot less douchier then the original.

the fighting is also alot different then the original, basically everything is better then the original lol

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Post what you think after you watch! 8-)
Soooo. Overall. I was disappointed. Why? Too much Wonder Woman, too much amazon crap. I mean we got no alpha male batfleck either in Snyder’s cut which I think it has to do still from the push back from critics in bvs. There was too much stupid cringey humour between Bruce Wayne and his butler which was just not needed. We got no Batman warehouse scene but we got wonder women, the old war was fucking amazing though, I would’ve sat through a 3 hour movie of that story. They need to tone down flashes cringey humour as well, but the special effects and when he was being serious was awesome to say the least. Cyborg is still meh the actor just doesn’t do it for me. Steppenwolf was a fkn beast I loved this version, some will say he just groaned but he had so much “toxic masculinity” that I loved it. I would’ve loved to see snyder let him let loose on the amazons though he coulda destroyed a few thousand on his own. I might be in the minority but I don’t rate Mamoa at all, it’s better when he doesn’t talk, I would’ve preferred a white actor like how he is actually meant to be white just like cyborg ins meant to be black. Now that fight after superman is brought back was 10/10 I wish there was more lol and I wish it got bloodier and had Batman needing to use some krypton to settle him down but I just love violence so yeah. Black suit is 10/10. Superman at the end was so good, darkseid is a beast.
Oh letos joker at the end was sooooooo much better and actually fucking disturbing which was brilliant. I hate amber herd. Wish steppenwolf decapitated her like he did with other Atlantians tbh

6.5-7/10 for me.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Soooo. Overall. I was disappointed. Why? Too much Wonder Woman, too much amazon crap. I mean we got no alpha male batfleck either in Snyder’s cut which I think it has to do still from the push back from critics in bvs. There was too much stupid cringey humour between Bruce Wayne and his butler which was just not needed. We got no Batman warehouse scene but we got wonder women, the old war was fucking amazing though, I would’ve sat through a 3 hour movie of that story. They need to tone down flashes cringey humour as well, but the special effects and when he was being serious was awesome to say the least. Cyborg is still meh the actor just doesn’t do it for me. Steppenwolf was a fkn beast I loved this version, some will say he just groaned but he had so much “toxic masculinity” that I loved it. I would’ve loved to see snyder let him let loose on the amazons though he coulda destroyed a few thousand on his own. I might be in the minority but I don’t rate Mamoa at all, it’s better when he doesn’t talk, I would’ve preferred a white actor like how he is actually meant to be white just like cyborg ins meant to be black. Now that fight after superman is brought back was 10/10 I wish there was more lol and I wish it got bloodier and had Batman needing to use some krypton to settle him down but I just love violence so yeah. Black suit is 10/10. Superman at the end was so good, darkseid is a beast.
Oh letos joker at the end was sooooooo much better and actually fucking disturbing which was brilliant. I hate amber herd. Wish steppenwolf decapitated her like he did with other Atlantians tbh

6.5-7/10 for me.
I actually didn’t mind it..it aimed to be epic..and it was. However, so many slow-mo actions gave me the shits. (No wonder it was 4 hours lol..although I found no issue with its running time) The thing about Wonder Woman for me was her battle face and cry..even her style of fighting..it was all cringeworthy..So too was the constant ‘hero posing’ by all of them..sheesh! I actually liked Cyborg..he had the best development arc of all the characters..probably mostly due to the fact his origin was part of the story. I could give or take Superman, Aquaman, or Batman..their portrayals just don’t gel with me. Superman, since Man of Steel, is not the hero he should have been, although here he finally realise it..should not have taken this long for the best of the best.. I’m not sold on Aquaman..a hard drinking don’t wanna be part of it all cliche character..Although Batfleck was better than I remembered..but still I like the Dark Knight style Batman.. Oh, and the Flash was not bad, but a little too much ‘Oh wow’ wide eyed stuff..As for the villains..didn’t mind Steppenwolf..nasty like a good villain should be..you make a great point about sort of feeling sympathetic for him..as he is trying to ‘redeem’ himself and be accepted again. Now as for Leto’s Joker..where has this guy been??? As you said how disturbing was he? No bulllshit gangster crap..just utter crazy evil..excellent. I enjoyed the story..the coming together of the Justice League, and the reason for it. Some epic battles and effects..

The one thing I will take away from the Synder Cut is I will remember it. Whedon’s I forgot the moment I finished watching it. So a solid 6/10 from me

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Finally watched Snyder Cut. Absolutely loved it. My only real criticism was the heroic lines. They felt out of place. Much of Batman's leadership lines just didn't gel with everything else.

When he said, "this is why I brought you all together" as the heroic send off, I immediately thought, "but... Did you?"

Other than that stuff, I thought it was brilliant.

Apparently that hell world stuff was recorded at the end of last year and it was basically a clip of what the second movie was going to be. Snyder said that it was going to be an alternate timeline where Lois Lane kills herself, Superman turns bad, Steppenwolf got the anti-life equation and Darkseid uses it to wipe most of humanity. Then Flash has to travel back in time to warn everyone to save Lois Lane.

They had another movie planned after that too. Unfortunately both movies are unlikely to ever be made.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally watched Snyder Cut. Absolutely loved it. My only real criticism was the heroic lines. They felt out of place. Much of Batman's leadership lines just didn't gel with everything else.

When he said, "this is why I brought you all together" as the heroic send off, I immediately thought, "but... Did you?"

Other than that stuff, I thought it was brilliant.

Apparently that hell world stuff was recorded at the end of last year and it was basically a clip of what the second movie was going to be. Snyder said that it was going to be an alternate timeline where Lois Lane kills herself, Superman turns bad, Steppenwolf got the anti-life equation and Darkseid uses it to wipe most of humanity. Then Flash has to travel back in time to warn everyone to save Lois Lane.

They had another movie planned after that too. Unfortunately both movies are unlikely to ever be made.
Yep loved it. I hope it gives DC the impetuous and direction it needs to go with future releases, darken them up a bit and people will watch them.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't like it, it's better but still a mess, I thought the story was still weirdly disjointed and too busy? Introduce the threat, introduce the Motherboxes, introduce 3 new members of the JL, give Batman, Wonderwoman and Aquaman screen time, recruit the team etc.

Affleck is a good Batman physically but probably the worst Bruce Wayne I've seen on film - he's confused being solemn, detached and pragmatic for being wooden.

DC are so far behind Marvel at this point as far as universe creation goes they kind of need to reinvent the wheel. I think they should retcon the DCEU and just make stand alone movies and series that aren't directly connected just to tell cool stories. You could have this new Rob Pattinson Batman, a Batman based in the Joaquin Phoenix universe, give Affleck a stand alone vs Deathstroke, I want to see Jon Hamm as Bruce Wayne etc.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
926ACFB1-6840-4951-9842-B985A6E70055.jpeg

watched this last night ....

old Rusty gave a 20/10 performance, it’s intense as fuck from start to finish, not even predictable at all.. one of the most extreme thriller/type movies , I’ve ever seen in many years... absolutely beautifully made, so well done, and deserves many Oscars. HANDS DOWN..!!!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 22945
watched this last night ....

old Rusty gave a 20/10 performance, it’s intense as fuck from start to finish, not even predictable at all.. one of the most extreme thriller/type movies , I’ve ever seen in many years... absolutely beautifully made, so well done, and deserves many Oscars. HANDS DOWN..!!!
Planning to see it soon. Looks good.

From what I hear about him though, it's pretty much just Rusty playing himself. Apparently he has major anger management issues in real life.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Planning to see it soon. Looks good.

From what I hear about him though, it's pretty much just Rusty playing himself. Apparently he has major anger management issues in real life.
Yup heard the same.
He Had a bad day bro lol, all was needed was a courtesy tap...!!

you will understand what i mean when you watch it. It’s a MUST SEE.!!!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I finally got some spare time to watch The Dry.

Based in the very successful debut novel by Jane Harper. i think i have reviewed it in the book thread (and i'll have to add some more entries there sometimes). I probably put the book in my top 5 of all time and certainly the best Australian novel i've read.

Anyway, the story follows Aaron Falk (Eric Bana), a successful Federal Police officer in Melbourne, as he travels to his hometown in rural Victoria, in the midst of a crippling drought for the funeral of his best make, Luke, who is alleged to have murdered his wife and one of his children before turning the gun on himself. But did he? Encouraged by Luke's parents, and assisted by the town cop, Aaron sticks around, dealing with not only this case, but the ghosts of his suspicious death of their friend Ellie, a quarter of a century prior.

Its hard to rate a film after reading the book, as, of course, you know the plot. It did "stay faithful" to the story, whilst still managing to fit it in at around 110 minutes running time. The standout is Bana. His star power is obvious, and it does go close to dominating the film a little (not his fault!). If you like good Aussie films with twists and turns, give it a crack. A warning that the opening scene is quite bloody and violent.

Giving it an 8/10. i think Harper's third novel, the Lost Man, would also make for a good film.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just watched expendables 2 on GO!

Love every character except Stallone and Van Damme.

Chuck, Arnie and Statham are my faves.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just watched expendables 2 on GO!

Love every character except Stallone and Van Damme.

Chuck, Arnie and Statham are my faves.
Stallone directs all 3 Expendables movies. After making Expendables 2, Stallone offered Bruce Willis $3 Million to do 3 days of shooting for Expendables 3. Bruce Willis demanded $4 million, so Stallone got Harrison Ford instead.