Moses Mbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curtis Svhult

Waterboy
Reaction score
I honestly can't believe the criticism Moses has received from this forum. Honestly, his first full year in the NRL and people expect him to win a premiership for the club. He will grow up to be one of the elite halves in the game. He's only young

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If he does't start leading the team round the field this year, he'll be overhyped and underachieving.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yet josh reynolds is our experienced half and people jizz over him because he has "passion"..... why doesn't reynolds take charge and lead the team??? After all he has played more footy, SOO and more finals game..... oh no, he has passion, so lets ride the 23 year old

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I honestly can't believe the criticism Moses has received from this forum. Honestly, his first full year in the NRL and people expect him to win a premiership for the club. He will grow up to be one of the elite halves in the game. He's only young
well for 800k a year. maybe a just to play the ball the right way , get a kicking game and start steering the team around a bit would be a good fucking start, maybe a hooker that can pass off the ground. maybe a fucking coach with a gameplan maybe a ceo that doesn't take us all for fucking idiots.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
that penalty kick against the sharks which didn't go out, cost us the game.
But the kid had a great start to the year and has immense talent

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It probably is but, how do we know its 800K? The papers are full of shite imo, it seems they know all the exact Bulldogs payments. too69u already said they were way off regarding Hoppas pay. I wouldnt put it past them to be way off on Mbyes cash as well.

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That's 800k starting from this year. Prior to 2017 he wouldn't have received a cent of that.

It's a joke Des even decided to throw a rookie (out of position) in a role which is so vital.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't care about promise. I care about what he can deliver right now.

For $800k I want him to play like a top number 7. I don't give a fuck what he can do in 3 years, I want it now.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mbye was supposed to be the next big thing. All the hype has returned nothing. He is a very good athlete, with tremendous speed.
But he is not a halfback and never will be. He wouldnt be in the top six halfbacks. He should be played in a position where his attributes can be utilised to the fullest.
I think that may be centre or even fullback. Im not sure if the so called game plan is to blame or what, but he has demonstrated absolutely no creativity at all.
A halfback must be an organiser. Hopefully Cleeland can step up.

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's had his first full year now, its time to step up...
Agree majority of criticism too harsh at this stage of his career, but that's the kennel for ya...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yet josh reynolds is our experienced half and people jizz over him because he has "passion"..... why doesn't reynolds take charge and lead the team??? After all he has played more footy, SOO and more finals game..... oh no, he has passion, so lets ride the 23 year old
Because our coach doesn't want our halves to take ownership of the team. At least Reynolds looks interested. Mbye is probably on more money than Reynolds and producing less. Time for him to produce this season IMO.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Because our coach doesn't want our halves to take ownership of the team. At least Reynolds looks interested. Mbye is probably on more money than Reynolds and producing less. Time for him to produce this season IMO.
He should cop some of the responsibility for last year just as much as mbye.... and this year i will be mbye's biggest critic, as i will reynolds. Time for the team to step up as a whole tbh

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have to give him a chance this year,
Our coach and support staff would be looking at his strengths along
With the rest of the team.
I am sure that different combinations are tried in of season.
Mbye will start at halfback and hopefully step right up.
Back our number 7

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He should cop some of the responsibility for last year just as much as mbye.... and this year i will be mbye's biggest critic, as i will reynolds. Time for the team to step up as a whole tbh
I don't think either of our halves are responsible for last year tbh...last year is all on Des IMO.....

I just think Reynolds looks to involve himself in the play more. I'd like to see that from Mbye as he's a very skilful player. Just want to see more enthusiasm from him. Seeing him fire up at Lichaa was a good sign.... he obviously cares....still finding his feet I think. I think we need a bigger year from him so I hope he's up for it......and that Des lets both our halves take a little control.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have to give him a chance this year,
Our coach and support staff would be looking at his strengths along
With the rest of the team.
I am sure that different combinations are tried in of season.
Mbye will start at halfback and hopefully step right up.
Back our number 7
Its not like we don't want to support him but he's just shit. Goes missing a lot .

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't think either of our halves are responsible for last year tbh...last year is all on Des IMO.....

I just think Reynolds looks to involve himself in the play more. I'd like to see that from Mbye as he's a very skilful player. Just want to see more enthusiasm from him. Seeing him fire up at Lichaa was a good sign.... he obviously cares....still finding his feet I think. I think we need a bigger year from him so I hope he's up for it......and that Des lets both our halves take a little control.
Haha same mate. I guess all our frustrations boil over at some point.

Here is to 2017 and here is to hoping for a game plan change!

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He didn't step up because Des has not allowed him to play what's in front of him. It's unfair to ask him to control the team and step up etc when it's painfully obvious des is the issue. Kevin Walters and mal meniga see big things so he has it. Needs a better game plan.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He didn't step up because Des has not allowed him to play what's in front of him. It's unfair to ask him to control the team and step up etc when it's painfully obvious des is the issue. Kevin Walters and mal meniga see big things so he has it. Needs a better game plan.
Stop talkin sense bro haha

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at Reynolds in 2014 and 2012 when he had decent centres outside him in Inu and lafai

Mbye is just an average player who has great athletic abilities
Much like Ben Roberts

Until the club boots him we won't go anywhere

The only game mbye has won for us was against panthers

Honestly he has never stepped up

Has had plenty of top players outside him and helping him and done shit all

Spent too much money on him

He is an out and out centre or could make a good fullback

Status
Not open for further replies.