Moses Mbye says he wants to be the Bulldogs version of Johnathan Thurston in 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Never understood people in here getting upset because players say stuff like this in the media. It isnt like they call up the media and invite them over to say shit. They get asked questions, they give answers. No big deal imo.

Would people rather that he says when asked, that he isnt confident he can do shit next year and he aspires to play like Daniel Holdsworth instead?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
For the first time in a while we may be without a great goal kicker, hopefully he can fill that void.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And just a FYI being a Bulldog version of JT, means playing off the bench, win a Grand Final from there and then leave the following season. Bloody media parasites

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
For the first time in a while we may be without a great goal kicker, hopefully he can fill that void.
With the comp being tight we need a goal kicker every point counts and will be the difference between wining and losing

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Cool headline...... he didn't say that at all though.

They got that from Mbye working on kicking conversions? the Bulldog JT didn't do that, and, the Bulldog version of JT would be........ JT? :p

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I think ben roberts compared himself to lamb or lockyer. Can't really remember.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just a competent Moses Mbye version of Mbye would be handy. My advice:

1. Have a look at the 2 or 3 good games you played for the Dogs during the 2015 season. You remember the ones? They were the ones where the whole world thought we had uncovered the next superstar. The ones your manager keeps sprouting as he talks your price up. Have a look at what you did during those games. The quality touches of the ball, and ask yourself, are you willing to do the hard work so every performance is good? Then,

2. Practice kicking....all sorts of kicks - long, short, for goal, 40/20's, drop goals, bombs, grubbers, drop outs, short kick offs, chips over the top....the whole lot. Then when you get tired, practice some more, and more, and more. Watch your worth increase as you practice these skills. While your at it - get your mate Josh Reynolds to join in as well instead of practising his dance moves.

Dont compare yourself to a future immortal. Just concentrate on being the best YOU can be. Find your limits!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And your point?

I mean who cares if he said that? Even if the guy does have a little ego that is par for the course in NRL. And the quote doesn't in any way suggest to me his ego is out of control. You honestly think Hastings and Keary don't have a bit of ego?

He has said absolutely nothing that worries me on this article.

He is a good prospect asked to play out of position last year and he may or may not adopt to halfback. If he doesn't he'll make a really good running five eighth.

His kicking game is terrible and definitely needs work.

Basically like any young player, he has strengths and weaknesses. He may have a little ego but it's also clear from this article he is aware he has to improve too.

The problem is the kennel expects nothing but gold from
Our you g players. Many posters have little or no patience with up and coming talent and expect them to be flawless and impeccable from
day one. If some posters start to see flaws in a player's game, they will treat every media quote or sound grab the player produces as evidence said player has an attitude problem.

In short, I love this place, but I think some posters are far from fair or rational in their assessment of young players.

I have little doubt Moses is going to be a success in this game and people who go over the top in their criticism are only going to end up looking foolish.
its like applying for an internal job. You can write yourself up as much as you like but the selection panel have seen your work first hand.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just hope he takes nothing for granted and works extremely hard over the offseason. Our season really hinges on how well he can adapt to that position. He looked out of his depth the last few games he played and if we're any sort of chance he needs to be dominant.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just hope if he or Reynolds aren't stepping up that they will be dropped
I don't mean if they have an off game but if they have a few bad games then drop them
They both should have first shot but don't just let them keep playing if they are doing badly

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't mean if they have an off game but if they have a few bad games then drop them
They both should have first shot but don't just let them keep playing if they are doing badly
Dez has already proved he is not willing to drop players, hence why some of our boys don't give 100% as there's nothing to lose.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree but only if its due to laziness, some players need to have a bad game before they improve

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

1. Have a look at the 2 or 3 good games you played for the Dogs during the 2015 season. You remember the ones? They were the ones where the whole world thought we had uncovered the next superstar. The ones your manager keeps sprouting as he talks your price up. Have a look at what you did during those games. The quality touches of the ball, and ask yourself, are you willing to do the hard work so every performance is good? Then,

2. Practice kicking....all sorts of kicks - long, short, for goal, 40/20's, drop goals, bombs, grubbers, drop outs, short kick offs, chips over the top....the whole lot. Then when you get tired, practice some more, and more, and more. Watch your worth increase as you practice these skills. While your at it - get your mate Josh Reynolds to join in as well instead of practising his dance moves.

Dont compare yourself to a future immortal. Just concentrate on being the best YOU can be. Find your limits!
Lol love the dance move point

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
He's just a kid. 22 years old. He's definitely got a chance to improve at that age.

Get behind him you cranky butt hurt cnts lol

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

A lot was written about Hodkinson's lack of attitude in games this past season but he proved to be a good foil for Moses, leaving Moses to play his natural game. MBye's influence out on the paddock really tapered off after Hodkinson got injured in the Newcastle game. Before that game Mbye was on fire. All you have to do is watch the replay of the South game prior to the Newcastle game to see the difference in his play. Moses is not a halfback, his a 5/8 and in my opinion will struggle to guide our team with Reynolds as his halves partner.

We have really struggled in the halves ever since players like Sherwin, JT and even that dick head Anasta left the club. With that said I believe that Reynolds is our weakest link and that the 2016 season will really show up our halves. We are only as strong as our weakest link after all!!!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wish him well. I was very unimpressed with him for the majority of the season including the finals but I have faith in him.... Kind of.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Mbye will struggle with the way they want to play him. He will be forced to play 7 when he is a 5/8. He is a kid and Reynolds should have been the one to go and not Hodko. Mbye plays well when he has an organiser with him to take that role, Mbye isn't that player yet as he simply does not have the experience to do it. He needs the 5/8 role so he has a couple more second to decide what to do before the defence gets to him. So next year we will see Reynolds off the hook hiding at 5/8 and Mbye will be the scapegoat. Unless we sign a new 7 before 2016 Reynolds wouldn't even make my team. I would have Mbye back at 6 and one of the other rookies (Chisolm) at 7 that have that natural 7 in their game. Sure we can't expect nothing for 2016 but atleast the future would be better. First preference has always been for me though that we get a number 7 off the shelf to partner Mbye. I can't see Reynolds lasting another season with us, unless we see a complete 180 in the way he thinks, acts and plays!

Status
Not open for further replies.