Moses Mbye’s playing stats show suitability for fullback allowing Matt Frawley to stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's because it's not true. In 2016 he had 196 RUNS for 1758 metres or roughly 9 metres per run and just over 70 metres per game. Still good stats but not the ones published here.
Now that's sounds more like it...

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So.... JR & BA should be castigated for scoring a try each because of shit coaching? is this a constructive Thread from a member wanting to discuss MM at Fullback?? + complimenting Matt Frawley on his effort and the team in very trying conditions?? Can't you respond with any post in any thread without bringing our Coaches name into it?? give yourself 12 upper cuts and STFU!! try responding with more constructive posts instead, this way we may read some of the shit you post!
Oh and by the way you think our Boys were not tired at that stage of the game?? only the fucking Bronco's.....yea......right>
I didn't know boys got pms

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mybe and Liccha should play half a game each at 9. I think Liccha playing less minutes will see his game explode to a new level. We then also have backline options covered in case of injury. Mybe would make a good fullback as well , but currently like the look of Abbey and what he offers.

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't know why they call him the mad scientist, the only unusual thing he's ever done was put T-rex in the half's in 2014 when both of them were out because of SOO.
It was due to his use of Sports Science

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Lets face it mybe will be straight back into the starting line up so imo i would like to see mybe start at 7, frawley on the bench in place of elliot. After 25-30 min frawley comes on for lichaa which would then push mybe to 9 and frawley finish the game at 7, at about the 60th minute bring lichaa back on for a backrower and keep mybe out there in a roaming roll. This idea keeps the opposition guessing and keeps us more dangerous attacking wise.
Cant like much about this. Too much disruption to the team. Frawley isnt a bench player, hes a genuine 7, and should be there 80 minutes. Only way Mbye should ever see halfback again is due to the injury of Frawley.

For me id like to see Frawley at 7 all game, MBye at fullback, centre or as a bench utility, and id accept MBye rotating with Lichaa at hooker, unless he proves to be a bad hooker, like he is a bad halfback.

Sure Frawley has only played the one match, but he did more at half in that match than Mbye in 2 seasons there. At very least Frawley deserves a few more games to see if he can back it up.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I find 196m hard to believe TBH... I'm guessing those metres include dump offs, where he runs a bit and then dumps to a forward to get smashed.?
I was of the same opinion. Were they counting the metres made carrying the ball to and from the dressing room?, metres walked carrying the ball to scrums as well. No way on earth was Mbye averaging close to 200m per game. I'd have bet my ass that the stats quoted were wrong. I'd have walked into a gay bar and bet it confident that I'd die without ever having taken a dick up my clacker.

That's because it's not true. In 2016 he had 196 RUNS for 1758 metres or roughly 9 metres per run and just over 70 metres per game. Still good stats but not the ones published here.
As pointed out they seemed pretty far fetched stats in the first place from someone who either misread the stats or just won't let the truth get in the way of a nice fairytale. I'll believe Mbye averaged 70 running metres per game which was supplemented by a few very nice line breaks where he ran a long way. I'll agree with the article on the fact that he has acceleration and good footwork which are handy for any player not just fullbacks. But its pretty shabby journalism to misrepresent information in this way. GIad you pointed out the truth.

Last edited:

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was of the same opinion. Were they counting the metres made carrying the ball to and from the dressing room?, metres walked carrying the ball to scrums as well. No way on earth was Mbye averaging close to 200m per game. I'd have bet my ass that the stats quoted were wrong. I'd have walked into a gay bar and bet it confident that I'd die without ever having taken a dick up my clacker.

As pointed out they seemed pretty far fetched stats in the first place from someone who either misread the stats or just won't let the truth get in the way of a nice fairytale. I'll believe Mbye averaged 70 running metres per game which was supplemented by a few very nice line breaks where he ran a long way. I'll agree with the article on the fact that he has acceleration and good footwork which are handy for any player not just fullbacks. But its pretty shabby journalism to misrepresent information in this way. GIad you pointed out the truth.
It counts every metres he has the ball in hand + the metres his made running into the line, the point is to show that unlike the traditional halfback Mbye likes to run more.

NorthernDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Really hope this happens.
Will also signal whether Des has the flexibility as a coach.

Persisting with Mbye as a 7 is frustrating - here's hoping.

Question: "One of the fastest at the club over 40m."
Who would be quicker or as quick?
SuperbSam

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was outrun by 'third Man' Thaiday and backed away from challenging for the ball, that was bad
He was beaten by Thaiday because after the kick he thought that it was going to be covered so he turned around and even took a couple of sidewards steps before he realised he had to get back for the ball and by then it was to late to even challenge.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If we decide to do this, drop him to NSW Cup. If he carved up at fullback the, then consider it. But know that if we do this, GUARANTEED we will lose Abbey, and rightfully so.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
If we decide to do this, drop him to NSW Cup. If he carved up at fullback the, then consider it. But know that if we do this, GUARANTEED we will lose Abbey, and rightfully so.
Our halfback problem is much greater than our fullback problem. We have a number of players that can play fb. Sure not any super fullbacks, but we have nobody but Frawley who plays like a halfback at all. I'd be ok with losing Abbey if it solved our halfback problem.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was outrun by 'third Man' Thaiday and backed away from challenging for the ball, that was bad
How was he ?? He had to turn and run on an angle which means he had to cover roughly an extra 10m and was gaining on Thaiday too. Plus the conditions were atrocious and the fact Thaiday almost out ran Milford says a lot about Thaiday.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be happy with either M'Bye or Reynolds playing 6 and the other 14.
We don't need 4 forwards on the bench.
Preference for mine
6 Reynolds
14 M'Bye

Round Of A-Paws

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Abbey's growing.
Mbye would be the perfect #14. You could even play him hooker and utilise Liccha as a lock forward and also rotate him with Mbye at stages.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I said it years ago
When we still had Hodko
That I see mbye as a fullback

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
An avg of 196m per game?? What fucking games did they watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.