Morris twins assist Lafai's Red V switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Dragons recruit Tim Lafai didn't have to look far for advice when considering his move to the Red V, with former teammates Brett and Josh Morris playing an influential role in the centre's shift to the twins' former club.

Comforting the 24-year-old as he prepared to make the switch to the Dragons, Lafai is already settled into life at St George Illawarra.

Speaking for the first time publicly as a Dragon on Friday, Lafai said the writing was on the wall when his beloved Bulldogs signed New South Wales representative Will Hopoate a fortnight ago.

"I realised probably in the middle of the Bulldogs' pre-season that I felt I needed to start looking for a new club considering everything the club had going on," Lafai said.

"It's been good to settle in with the boys and the club [at the Dragons]. The history and the culture of the club [is really appealing], it's similar to the Bulldogs.

"I asked a few of the boys who used to be at the Dragons like the Morris twins and Chase Stanley and they had good feedback.

"They said it's an awesome club with great fans and that Mary was an awesome coach. He mentored both of the twins and that definitely helped my decision. Mary used to play footy in the centres too so I can see him helping me a lot as well."

After spending the past five years at the Bulldogs, Lafai was buoyed by the fact he was able to leave the club and his relationship with coach Des Hasler and CEO Raelene Castle on exceptional terms.

"I wasn't disappointed rather I was sad. But everyone goes through it; it's the business we're in. Will has just taken his opportunity and I'm here taking mine now," Lafai said.

"It was very hard to leave after five years at the club but everything happens for a reason and I'm happy here now at the Dragons and excited to move on.

"I left on good terms with Raelene and Dessy – they gave me their blessings to go so it was comforting to leave on good terms."

New Dragons teammate Tyson Frizell said Lafai has fit into his new surroundings perfectly, with the squad embracing their new teammate.

"It's nice to see Timmy here. He's fit in nicely," Frizell said. "He has a couple more days left until the end of pre-season for the year and we've been happy to welcome him with open arms."

http://www.nrl.com/morris-twins-assist-lafais-red-v-switch/tabid/10874/newsid/91232/default.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So much for the Timmy was pushed theory!!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He looks stupid as **** in dragons gear...actually most people look stupid as **** in dragons gear tbh

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I used to lurk on the Dragoons forum and they were adamant Bmoz hated McGregors guts LOL.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He looks stupid as **** in dragons gear...actually most people look stupid as **** in dragons gear tbh
Their training shirts look like Newcastle lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He's hardly going to air dirty laundry and potentially put his future ontracts at risk.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
New Dragons teammate Tyson Frizell said Lafai has fit into his new surroundings perfectly, with the squad embracing their new teammate
Wasnt he the guy who who recklessly caused Lafai's injury which then put him back on the bench after just returning from a previous long injury, Which no doubt added to his demise?

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasnt he the guy who who recklessly caused Lafai's injury which then put him back on the bench after just returning from a previous long injury, Which no doubt added to his demise?
Was he? He was the one who almost decapitated Tim Browne with a swinging straight arm uppercut.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes and was aloud to stay on the field and didn't miss a game for it
Because he is a Bulldogs player. NRL allows Bulldogs players to be severely hurt. It's only a matter of time before Alex McKinnon 2.0 occurs.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes and was aloud to stay on the field and didn't miss a game for it
Yes, it was pretty much the moment at which they may as well have admitted that the send off was dead. If that's not a dismissal, nothing is. (Then they managed to send Dave Shillington off later in the year for a very minor headbutt - far less dangerous to an opponent than Frizell's shot.)

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Yes, it was pretty much the moment at which they may as well have admitted that the send off was dead. If that's not a dismissal, nothing is. (Then they managed to send Dave Shillington off later in the year for a very minor headbutt - far less dangerous to an opponent than Frizell's shot.)
Shows you the refs don't have balls to send players off this was worse than any punch

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Was he? He was the one who almost decapitated Tim Browne with a swinging straight arm uppercut.
Twas Tim Browne as you said..

[video=youtube;FIg41If91Gk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIg41If91Gk[/video]

Was careless but seen far worse out there.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Frizell is a gun, wish he was in our squad instead of tim browne

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Twas Tim Browne as you said..

[video=youtube;FIg41If91Gk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIg41If91Gk[/video]

Was careless but seen far worse out there.
That is worse than punch he should of been sent off

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He shaved his head so he might hit some form this year

Status
Not open for further replies.