Moore: Bulldogs will lift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Relieved Canterbury-Bankstown coach Kevin Moore says Friday's 24-4 victory was a good first step but insists the Bulldogs are still a long way off the form that took them to the penultimate game of the season in 2009.

The win sees the Bulldogs improve their record to two-and-four after a less than ideal start to the campaign.

While the final score line looks emphatic, the Bulldogs were far from clinical in the first half, managing just one try off a kick despite enjoying almost 60 percent of possession.

Late tries to Michael Ennis and Brett Kimmorley inflated the score line as Moore's charges ran out four-tries-to-one victors, the coach well aware his side is far from the finished product.

"Tonight we just looked like we were all on the job and everyone was working really hard for each other," Moore said.

"Even though it was nil-all (late in the first half) I still had confidence that we were going to get something out of all the pressure that we'd put on."

"But that also shows that whilst our effort and our attitude and defence was great tonight, we're still nowhere near our best."

"I thought our attack up their end of the field in the first half was a fair bit off at times. We just didn't have any cohesion, but that's what happens when you're coming off losing four games in five attempts ... but the longer the game went the more I thought our attack was starting to come together."

bulldogs27

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We seemed like a more cohesive Team.
Something good happened in our preparations
for this game.
I hope this lift continues.
Take them to the top, again.

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
agree, yesturdays preformance was alright but we can do much better, ball handling offloading etc..

Morris and Idris Knock on's were lucky for the tigers because we could of scored two more try's easy... but overall good work boys..

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
agree, yesturdays preformance was alright but we can do much better, ball handling offloading etc..

Morris and Idris Knock on's were lucky for the tigers because we could of scored two more try's easy... but overall good work boys..
I think the biggest thing you could tell last night is thats its not the players or the abillity.. There's lots going on behind the scenes which are affecting performance

Barba's Barber

puppy power
Reaction score
Morris knocked the ball on a few times and was killing me! Think he has knocked on more these last 6 games than the whole of last year. If the passes stuck he would have had a hat trick to add to our final score I reckon. See how the next few weeks go.. Hope the st merge offers aren't affecting his judgement..

Status
Not open for further replies.