Montoya's Leap and more points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Plenty of chatter about how confident he is under the high ball but looks like the kid can get some serious air-time. With Frawley in the team I would love to see us use this more. It's really exciting because only weeks ago I had no idea where points would come from until Kas entered the game. Now Reynolds looks full of points, B-Moz creates things he also brings Grahams short passing into the game too.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Has Montoya ever played Aussie Rules??? He has one hell of a leap on him.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His leap comes from him being a natural winger, 80% of winger now-a-days are Fullback/Centres cum wingers and that means they've got a step and speed but lack the jump and/or positioning.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Very impressive and I agree with Frawley's better kicking game he will be a really good attacking option.

The universe evening things up after having quite a few seasons with shorter wingers who regularly got out leaped.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Wait till Frawley starts getting his kicking on point and we have another decent winger in the air on the other side.

Montoya and Frawley have played in under 20s together so know each others games well.

I cant wait to see him get out in the open... guy can absolutely frigging fly when he winds up.

I mean he's not "top 3 nrl fastest", but he can really motor.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Having rewatched the game, after watching it at the stadium, this kid is the goods, was everywhere yesterday, a couple of errors, but certainly can't fault his enthusiasm. Looks to be in the mould of Toupou and jumps like a fkn kangaroo.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
He also shifted to the left wing this week

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wait till Frawley starts getting his kicking on point and we have another decent winger in the air on the other side.

Montoya and Frawley have played in under 20s together so know each others games well.

I cant wait to see him get out in the open... guy can absolutely frigging fly when he winds up.

Ummmm Frawley was never in our under 20s.
He was the Raiders under 20s captain..

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw little known fact is the rodzilla has an amazing vertical leap as well, i used to do it as a party trick tbh

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
btw little known fact is the rodzilla has an amazing vertical leap as well, i used to do it as a party trick tbh
You mean girls used to leap over your vertical pole..

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Do you mean NSW Cup? Frawley didn't play in our 20's team

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not really Montoya-related, but it seems as though Des highly rates Reimis Smith. So I guess we have our wingers set for the next 10 years

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One thing that baffles me is when we had Curtis Rona we wouldn't dare to kick a ball any where near him. It's such a basic set play that if you get the depth of the kick right you basically guaranteed to score. It's so blatanly obvious statistic man.

DESIE WE LOVE YOU!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.