Montoya Re-Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2017/06/06/montoya_commits_to_t.html

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs are delighted to announce the re-signing of local junior Marcelo Montoya for the next three seasons.

The 21 year-old winger, whose junior club was the Bankstown Bulls, made his First Grade debut this season and has impressed with his finishing abilities.

Montoya, burst on to the scene last year, scoring 19 tries in 18 games for the Bulldogs NYC side, and he has now represented Fiji in two International matches.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Raelene Castle was delighted at being able to re-sign the popular winger: "Marcelo has proven his ability to play at the NRL level during the 2017 season and we will see him go from strength to strength over the next 3 years. It is always a great story when a local junior comes through the ranks and his personality and professionalism fits very well with the Bulldogs culture. I know that all Bulldogs fans will be pleased to see him continue to wear the Blue and White."

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
why? he must be keen to be a the only winger in the comp that first of all gets selected on the bench then proceeds to sit there for 80mins

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What I don't get but if they got holland j-bmoz and brenko where is he gonna slot it already better then holland and Brett and josh he better get Hollands place next year or even this year I'm sure mbye can at least kick or get someone else

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Finally some good news! He seems to love the club aswell. Its good to see a player re-sign without all the normal articles coming out saying he's about to sign or on the verge....

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm happy for the kid but he has a lot of work to do to be a top class winger. We already have a tradesman in Holland We don't need two of them. Montoya really needs to step up his sprint training and defence if he wants to be anything other than a fill in.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been crying since Rona left the wing. Bmoz is too old to get his body in to positions like Rona used to. I am hoping Montoya is capable just like Rona. I have seen him in the air but i am yet to see him contort his body in the corner. Bring back the corner post in to this dogs side already

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh well, at least the club has got half the job done with Montoya signing a three year contract extension.

All we need now is a coach who knows talent and plays him in first grade.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Love this guy. Couldn't care less if he was the only one in our backline who was at the club past this year

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes! Now I hope he takes over Lee for the season. Lee has been GREAT in attack but shocking in defence. He hasn't improved and I feel he needs a spell in the nsw cup to fix things up.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He can enjoy toiling in reserves behind a chump like Holland each week.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
yay so we can now put up bombs too shallow for him to go for

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Both morris boys off contract at the end of next season. Can't see them getting new deals.

Montoya has a big future in first grade. Very talented with a lot of potential. Good signing.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How dare he sign a 3 year contract with the Doggies while Des is the head coach, should have told him to go sign up at the Tigers with Josh. :-)

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes! Now I hope he takes over Lee for the season. Lee has been GREAT in attack but shocking in defence. He hasn't improved and I feel he needs a spell in the nsw cup to fix things up.
At this stage Montoya's defense had been no better than Lee, both young and learning!

Status
Not open for further replies.