Mitchell Pearce wedding to Kristin Scott called off over text message scandal

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mitchell Pearce wedding to Kristin Scott called off over text message scandal
Newcastle Knights star Mitchell Pearce’s lavish wedding has been cancelled at the last minute over an alleged flirty texting scandal. Find out more.

NRL star Mitchell Pearce’s lavish Byron Bay wedding has been cancelled just days before the event over an inappropriate text message exchange with a young female club employee.

Pearce and his partner Kristin Scott were due to be married on Tuesday in front of 150 guests at a venue on the far NSW north coast.

Guests were notified as late as Christmas Eve that the big day had been called off.

The guest list included many of the NRL’s biggest names, who were told Sydney’s coronavirus outbreak was the reason behind the cancellation.

However, The Sunday Telegraph understands Pearce has told teammates that he was caught out sending flirty text messages to a young female employee of the Knights.

Newcastle Knights star Mitchell Pearce and Kristin Scott were due to be married next week but it has been cancelled.

Newcastle Knights star Mitchell Pearce and Kristin Scott were due to be married next week but it has been cancelled.
The matter was reported to Knights management.

“The Newcastle Knights are aware of the issue but it’s a private matter that stays between the two individuals,” Knights head of media Frank Barrett said. “There will be no further comment.”

The former State of Origin and premiership-winning halfback said the issue was private when contacted by the Sunday Telegraph.

“It’s Covid mate … and it’s private,” he said.

“We haven’t cancelled, we’ve postponed. I’m filthy about people spreading rumours.”

Mitchell Pearce said the couple were “sorting things out”. Picture: Getty Images

Mitchell Pearce said the couple were “sorting things out”. Picture: Getty Images

However, Newcastle Knights players and coaching staff are aware of the text messages sent by Pearce to the female employee.

There is great concern about Pearce’s actions as the club’s captain and most experienced leader.

Pearce is said to be devastated.

A source close to the Knights said: “There’s been nothing physical, just stupidity on Mitchell’s behalf with a young girl who works at the club. A lot of people are upset about it.”

The 31-year-old Newcastle Knights skipper and Scott spent Christmas Day separately with their families.

Kristin Scott and Mitchell Pearce spent Christmas Day apart with their families.

Kristin Scott and Mitchell Pearce spent Christmas Day apart with their families.

Pearce’s fiancee has seen the text messages, as has the woman’s distraught partner.

Pearce and Ms Scott recently opened a fitness business in Newcastle and have often spoken about the excitement of getting married and starting a family.

They were engaged in April when Pearce spent $40,000 on a stunning engagement ring.

Ms Scott broke the news on social media: “Life has just fallen into place,” she wrote.

“I cannot wait to be your wife.”

Pearce described it as “the best day of my life.”

Pearce only recently spoke of their wedding plans.

Mitchell Pearce and Kristin Scott got engaged in April. Picture: Instagram

Mitchell Pearce and Kristin Scott got engaged in April. Picture: Instagram

“I’ve tried to assist a bit and I have, but she’s a lot better at that stuff than me,” Pearce laughed. “I can’t say it has evened out, she’s probably done about 80 per cent.

“It will also be the best time of our lives and I can’t wait.”

Pearce has had one of the more colourful careers of all NRL stars, although he has worked hard to repair his reputation in recent years since moving to the Knights.

In 2016 he was fined $125,000 and suspended for eight NRL games as punishment for the lewd video scandal involving an Australia Day drinking binge.

Afterwards, he spent time in a Thailand rehab facility to work on his issues.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does this mean we won’t get the annual pre season launch article that he has matured etc , off field he has his head on etc
or did last weeks pre emotive pre wedding article fall under the annual maturity angle we get every year

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I've heard Pearce had relations with Pongas missus a while back not sure who she was or if they are together still as it didn't interest me... Just something I heard from someone when living in Newcastle.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bet he said the same thing I did. What a dog