Opinion Michael Maguire

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maguire is 50/50 for mine. He had his chance to coach us when they hired Pay. He said no.

On the other hand if he comes with Hastings. With our current roster that makes us a top 8 team. Hastings might have an ego. But he’s a general on the field barking instructions left right and centre.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Be very careful rating coaches based on their win/loss results at St Helens;

Justin Holbrook St Helens - 80% and Titans - 30%
Mick Potter St Helens - 72% and Tigers - 35%
Nathan Brown St Helens - 63% and Knoughts - 26% or Warriors - 35%
Daniel Anderson St Helens - 74% and Parramatta - 48%
Royce Simmons St Helens - 59% and Penrith 41%

Yes, Woolf did a good job with Fiji, but so did Mick Potter.

Always a Bulldog
Fair point though when did he coach Fiji?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hasting isn’t off contract. Tigers aren’t releasing him. Wtf is this? Why don’t we get Bellamy and Munster? Wake up ffs.

If we sign this flop Maguire after him passing on us last time to only come now after being sacked by fucking 15th in the fucking tigers!?!?!! What the actual fuck!?

These shit ***** are our best chance to avoid the spoon…. Yeh let’s get him!?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hasting isn’t off contract. Tigers aren’t releasing him. Wtf is this? Why don’t we get Bellamy and Munster? Wake up ffs.

If we sign this flop Maguire after him passing on us last time to only come now after being sacked by fucking 15th in the fucking tigers!?!?!! What the actual fuck!?

These shit ***** are our best chance to avoid the spoon…. Yeh let’s get him!?
Exactly, Madge looked at our books and said yeah nah

He can get fkd

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we sign Maguire then we will never win a premiership, he’s unlikeable. Players don’t come there to play for him, better be Flanagan sr. Fuck this club needs to hurry up and get busy before tigers snatch someone . We need cattle and no ones gonna sign or re-sign till they know the coach

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm open to Madge or Stuart. They won't win us a comp but could lift us to a mid field fringe 8 team. Then someone else could finish the job.
Being realistic we are an absolute basket case. A hard arse coach for 2 years might be what the club needs. Fuck me we tried the nice guy , we tried a rookie and we tried a premiership coach with back ended deals. Why not try a hard arse..

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wait a second if its Madge why hasn't he pulled the pin. Why.subject himself to a review of getting sacked what shit is this.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ricky won’t leave the Raiders, they are playing too well at the moment. Don’t forget when he started coaching The Eels, the moment a position came up as coach of his is team - he asked for a release so he could go home to his old club. Their form at the moment is great too so why would he want to leave? We would end up having to pay overs like when Des Hasler came to our club.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just think Gus will have to go way big here bro. There are too many issues to just swap coach and hope for the best for mine. There is some great young talent that needs to be nutured and some gun players coming next year. We need a shit hot strength and conditioning coach and a head coach with some really strong assistants around him. I’m hoping the delay is Gus getting all his ducks in a row and stacking the chips in our favour.
Reality is there are some risks to a degree in who ever we sign even if it was Bellamy.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys need to relax.

The reason we have to wait till September is because the new coach is Brad Arthur.

Moses and Gutho will then follow.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Reality is there are some risks to a degree in who ever we sign even if it was Bellamy.
I totally agree but I think the stronger the assistants and strength & conditioning as well as medical staff the less risk there is. You’d also like a young up and comer as NSW cup coach to form part of the succession plan. We have to do this properly and I think that’s what the hold up is a lot of planning in the back ground. Let’s hope anyway.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I totally agree but I think the stronger the assistants and strength & conditioning as well as medical staff the less risk there is. You’d also like a young up and comer as NSW cup coach to form part of the succession plan. We have to do this properly and I think that’s what the hold up is a lot of planning in the back ground. Let’s hope anyway.
100%, it is also the main reason why Barrett did fail !