Michael Maguire agrees to become NSW State of Origin coach

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Maguire takes the 12-month-only, part-time contract deal, and becomes the new Blues Coach.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So he's coaching the Kiwis and NSW ?

How does that work? Say a player is eligible for both the Kiwis and NSW, does Madge try to convince him to play for NSW or NZ?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's a very odd choice. You'd think they'd go after someone that hasn't had the poor track record Madge has has in his last few seasons as a head coach. The game seems to have outgrown his grapple/wrestling tactics and hard ass coaching style that players don't relate to. Maybe as an Origin coach for three games that won't be as big an issue but I have massive doubts about this one..

It seems like they had no idea who to hire so they panicked and gave it to Madge for a year.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's a very odd choice. You'd think they'd go after someone that hasn't had the poor track record Madge has has in his last few seasons as a head coach. The game seems to have outgrown his grapple/wrestling tactics and hard ass coaching style that players don't relate to. Maybe as an Origin coach for three games that won't be as big an issue but I have massive doubts about this one..

It seems like they had no idea who to hire so they panicked and gave it to Madge for a year.
Very successful coach
Hasnt waynbe sacked ?
cleary sacked ?
Stuart sacked ?
Yes niff nuffs

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like to know that NSW win. But I stopped watching origin years ago. While I don't rate Maguire, I rate him higher than Daley and Fitter. But the coach isn't the only issue. There have been some shit selections in recent years. So the selection panel is probably in need of a shake up too.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Maguire is a decent coach.
Ninjas here forget how successful south’s became when he came on board.
Then when he went to tigers and didn’t have mad success just remember his bad they crumbled when he left yo.
And Hastings had a similar relationship with him yo the way Hunt did wit hGriffin or Darius with Wayne so he does have played loyalty. Also remember Papalii nearly backed out of tiger town because he wanted to be coached by Madge

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
So he's coaching the Kiwis and NSW ?

How does that work? Say a player is eligible for both the Kiwis and NSW, does Madge try to convince him to play for NSW or NZ?
Would u let a coach dictate whether you would represent australai or Lebanon if offered both?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We have been linked to Madge a bit so it might be good for wen CC fails we can bring him in and he would have made some NSW connections by then

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Madge is the polar opposite of Freddy in every single way. It will be interesting to see how the team responds to him..
well he only has them for what, 6 weeks of the year, not 26

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
At least Madge will scream the house down at the duds if they lose. Unlike space cadet who will be mates with them and go for barefoot yoga.