Michael Lichaa consolidated thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
How is he in other games apart from last night?

Plus this season is far from elite level and can be a development one, to salvage anything from it.
Haven't seen a lot of him TBH. I know he was injured and out for a long time and has only been back a few games. The thing is the reggies is just such a step down. Before he got hurt yesterday even Montoya was looking strong and we all know how he goes in FG. I hope Woolford builds up his form over the rest of the season and justifies having a crack in FG next year but realistically Lichaa is way ahead of him today. Not that I would like to see a player get hurt but if he was and Woolford was given a shot it wouldn't hurt, but at this stage he isn't as good a Lichaa, yet.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol... "but he's the best option we have", "Fitler rates him as Origin hooker", "Hasler's fault he's a hooker and run sideways to pass"

As I have stated many times worse player in NRL history. I mean that because of his position and how vital is it and he simply cannot play it what so ever.

Still people won't realise the importance on dummy half service and come to his aid.

I've never criticized any other player this much. Sure Mbye was over rated. Montoya is shit but I never said a word as I don't think he solely loses us matches.
Elliot is Talamalua in comparrison. Lichaa is solely responsible for ALL our close losses, take him out we'd be in the 8 I reckon.
Mate give him a break,apart from that one mistake,where he had the ball stripped,he had a very good game,same with Elliot,he was involved in two of our tries

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Haven't seen a lot of him TBH. I know he was injured and out for a long time and has only been back a few games. The thing is the reggies is just such a step down. Before he got hurt yesterday even Montoya was looking strong and we all know how he goes in FG. I hope Woolford builds up his form over the rest of the season and justifies having a crack in FG next year but realistically Lichaa is way ahead of him today. Not that I would like to see a player get hurt but if he was and Woolford was given a shot it wouldn't hurt, but at this stage he isn't as good a Lichaa, yet.
Even if he becomes an asset as back up I'd be happy with that.

I guess I was trying to say I'd rather try him this year than next year. Who knows, next year we may become competitive again.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate give him a break,apart from that one mistake,where he had the ball stripped,he had a very good game,same with Elliot,he was involved in two of our tries
So you enjoyed his lollypop passes and passing to the wrong man all game comeon man hes gotten even worse this year he needs to go

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nobody picks up the ball cleaner than Lichaa out of dummy half and his tackling is great. Sadly his vision is limited and his kicking game is non existant. He can make good metres but rarely does anything with it.

3 pros and 3 cons.. Feel free to add to that list but for me we still haven't seen Lichaa around 2 decent halves dominating. Its tough for a hooker if he doesn't get calls and in Lichaa's case throw it the closest forward because you cant dream of something yourself seems to be an issue.

Persist but must move JMK to utility next yr. If both cannot be what we need Woolford awaits or we go shopping.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He let in 14points in last 5mins did he??
This thread is the standard Kennel witch hunt after a defeat. I think it stems from people wanting Brown to be given a genuine chance at the starting role. Personally I would like Brown to be given a shot. We have nothing to lose for the rest of the year so I don’t know why it hasn’t hatter other then Pay thinking he isn’t consistent enough at NRL level.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So you enjoyed his lollypop passes and passing to the wrong man all game comeon man hes gotten even worse this year he needs to go
What really shit me last night is that for the whole first half, we avoided using our strike weapons on the left and Lichaa kept going to the right.

What I would like to know is if that was Pay or Lichaa? Im guessing Lichaa ONLY because at half time when they talked to Pay, he mentioned something about selfish players (or something similar) and at the time Lichaa came to mind.

I'm guessing Pay told him to go left, and we all saw what happened when we did.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you need to look,at the whole game not just the bits u don't like,I'm not a fan of his,but I do think he has been playing better than last year

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nobody picks up the ball cleaner than Lichaa out of dummy half and his tackling is great. Sadly his vision is limited and his kicking game is non existant. He can make good metres but rarely does anything with it.

3 pros and 3 cons.. Feel free to add to that list but for me we still haven't seen Lichaa around 2 decent halves dominating. Its tough for a hooker if he doesn't get calls and in Lichaa's case throw it the closest forward because you cant dream of something yourself seems to be an issue.

Persist but must move JMK to utility next yr. If both cannot be what we need Woolford awaits or we go shopping.
Foran breaking down caused JMK to move to the halves forcing Lichaa back into FG. If Foran doesn't get injured, Lichaa will be in the reserves.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Foran breaking down caused JMK to move to the halves forcing Lichaa back into FG. If Foran doesn't get injured, Lichaa will be in the reserves.
It became quiet evident quickly that Lichaa was the best hooker at the club...

Chess Player

Waterboy
Reaction score
I hate Robbie Farah but I honestly believe if Farah was playing for us last night instead of Lichaa we would have won last night.

F@ck me I can't believe I just wrote that. Sorry guys but F@CK LICHAA!!!!
But Raysie accuses Farah of being a selfish player? Farah could be available for 2019.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not really a compliment with the competition he has lol
Not really... BUT Weigh up the pros and cons and the sitch were in and his a our best option, for now.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not really... BUT Weigh up the pros and cons and the sitch were in and his a our best option, for now.
You're right, just being a smart arse lol

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If it’s that bad it can’t be that good haha!! Or any worse...

Will sit this one out an leave it up too all the other experts..
yes I’m on the fence with his little discussion. Unbiased at this stage!! I agree an disagree with what’s being said and the conversation as a whole..but respect all opinions and what people are saying for what it is.

Enjoy.. lol

Last edited:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But Raysie accuses Farah of being a selfish player? Farah could be available for 2019.
Raysie is right Farah is a selfish player, a prima donna. I made the comparison between Lichaa and Farah based on Farah being a better all round hooker with experience at closing down games. But by no means do I think, or would I suggest that our club should consider Farah as a replacement hooker moving forward with our rebuild. If anything we should give Wolford a shot at hooker or try and get Mat Parcel back into the NRL from Super League.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.