MG's bonkers halves idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah put a guy with bad hammys at hooker where he will have to bend down untold times through out the game. Sounds good.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah put a guy with bad hammys at hooker where he will have to bend down untold times through out the game. Sounds good.
Well Pay has our most elusive back locking the scrum in attacking areas so why not do this also? Haha

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
So from the way people are talking here, if you back the panthers to beat the Bulldogs it's money in the bank?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
@Gareth was The Rush Hour the show they always had on before the call. Normally like 5-7pm or something?

I think that had Dan Ginnane and Gus Worland as the anchors, and it always had (Brent Read) "Readies Mail", quite often Bill Harrigan or Jamie Soward were guests. I think it was on after Merrickville with Merrick Watts.

If so it sucks they've ruined it bringing in MG.. he's an over opinionated neanderthal that doesn't understand most sports.
Rush Hour has always been 6-7, on game days it was different though.

Merrick always did 4-6 but he has been replaced by Kennedy Molloy, which is a definite improvement.

Rush Hour was always mainly hosted by Dan Ginnane and he had various other people with him each day. It was solid as, and now it is Rush Hour with MG and it is a shambles. Boring and uninteresting.

Basically MG decided he didnt want to wake up early anymore (fair call) so they moved him out of the Grill Team into his own show. MMM seem to like MG but I hope the show dies in its ass because it just sucks.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
What suppose u would want holland at 5/8 lol. Mg must be back on the pot again.
Holland is ok at 5/8 as we saw against the Cowboys and probably our best option for the position given who we have, but the guy is a natural fullback and moving him to 5/8 isnt the answer.

Foran has had ddgy hammies in the past but usually this injury is aggravated by alot more than bending over, and they are that frail, then he has serious issues.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Rush Hour has always been 6-7, on game days it was different though.
Merrick always did 4-6 but he has been replaced by Kennedy Molloy, which is a definite improvement.
Rush Hour was always mainly hosted by Dan Ginnane and he had various other people with him each day. It was solid as, and now it is Rush Hour with MG and it is a shambles. Boring and uninteresting.
Basically MG decided he didnt want to wake up early anymore (fair call) so they moved him out of the Grill Team into his own show. MMM seem to like MG but I hope the show dies in its ass because it just sucks.
I rarely used to leave the office before 7pm, so that would be it (6-7). I don't listen to much commercial radio though, but always found MG boring.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
THE battling Bulldogs are averaging less than 15 points a game in season 2018 and former NRL player Mark Geyer says it’s time for drastic change.

A 6-0 defeat against the Roosters last Thursday sees Dean Pay’s side stuck in 14th position and Geyer believes Kieran Foran’s lack of impact in the halves has been telling.

“I’d do something pretty radical if I was Dean Pay,” Geyer told Triple M’s The Grill Team on Monday. “I’d put Foran at hooker. He just looks like he’s too slow at half.

“I think (Jeremy) Marshall-King needs to have the ball in his hands a lot more. Maybe it’s time to bring (Moses) Mbye back into the halves and put Will Hopoate fullback.”

Is this **** for fucken real ?
No he isn't, he is a lunatic!

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree with #1,6,7 and 14. Lichaa at 14 takes so much pressure off him and he doesn't need to worry about organising the team. All he needs to do is run from dummy when he gets on which he has shown to do well at times. I would rather Nu Brown to start off as Hooker than JMK. I am quite a fan of him and believe he has so much to offer. Such a shame Pay pulled the plug on him so soon.
Lichaa is also a gun defender, and does not get enough credit for this, he is at the top of our tackle count most games. I really want Pay to work hard on his attack and ball distribution tho. Interestingly this was what was initially recognised about his game years ago, but Des got to him and made him a full time defender. I agree a bench spot for Lichaa would be a good impact role.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he cant bend down then he needs to retire.
Yeah nah. It's just a dumb move.

Foran at hooker is LOL stupid. Let me ask you what's his strength? I'll answer it's taking it to the line. So how does he do that from hooker? Ill answer that too, he doesn't .

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why is the thread being bumped?
So many fingers in the pie on how to fix Canterbury because the place used to be in the top four every year no matter what.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And that’s why front rowers aren’t coaches

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
THE battling Bulldogs are averaging less than 15 points a game in season 2018 and former NRL player Mark Geyer says it’s time for drastic change.

A 6-0 defeat against the Roosters last Thursday sees Dean Pay’s side stuck in 14th position and Geyer believes Kieran Foran’s lack of impact in the halves has been telling.

“I’d do something pretty radical if I was Dean Pay,” Geyer told Triple M’s The Grill Team on Monday. “I’d put Foran at hooker. He just looks like he’s too slow at half.

“I think (Jeremy) Marshall-King needs to have the ball in his hands a lot more. Maybe it’s time to bring (Moses) Mbye back into the halves and put Will Hopoate fullback.”

Is this **** for fucken real ?
Some players become coaches when they retire. MG didn't become a coach. Now we know why.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark Geyer does say some outrageous things from time to time.
He has also said if he says something and finds out later he was wrong, he will put his hand up and admit it he made a mistake.

That's the sign of a true man.
Mark Geyer is a smart man. I’ll never forget how he was laughed down when he suggested that Josh Reynolds should be NSW no 6 in 2012 or 13.
No one mentioned Reynolds expect MG.
ATM it ain’t happening at Canterbury. It’s not that stupid a suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.