• Total voters

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How this could improve the way of life for some people are unlimited, people, that are quadriplegics or people that aren't able can experience life experiences that they weren't ever able, I think the possibilities of VR is unlimited

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The funniest part about all this was watching him try to be human during the keynote. Most of his stuff was, "oh, I love doing this with my friends". There's even a part early on where he meets his friends in the virtual environment and one is pretending to be a robot. And he cracks the joke, "aren't I meant to be the robot?"

And all his friends laugh, while the rest of the world cringes.

One funny part though was when they were covering some of the VR stuff and the chick he's talking to keeps mentioning games. He keeps saying, "oh, I love playing these with my friends". Then she mentions a VR game and he starts talikg about it, and she just cuts him off and it's extremely awkward. She's probably already been fired. But maybe they did that just to show that it's actually live and not pre-recorded.
That cicksuker don’t have friends

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Gotta say though, there was one good thing from the presentation.

GTA San Andreas in VR.

I've played a bit of Resident Evil 4 in VR and it works really well. San Andreas should be great in VR.
RE in vr sounds like it would have some awesome jump scares

SA might be fun to experience get put in a boot and or tortured

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Rockstar must be rubbing their hands together at the thought of releasing a VR version of the same game rather than releasing a new one. This shit will be out and we still won't have GTA 6 :tearsofjoy:
Yep. And they're also releasing remasters of GTA 3, San Andreas and Vice City. They added a few new textures and they're selling it for $100.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
RE in vr sounds like it would have some awesome jump scares

SA might be fun to experience get put in a boot and or tortured
RE7 in VR was excellent. Pity it was only on Playstation. But it was great and full of jump scares. RE4 is more action but it's really well done.

Your inventory is on your body. So you have your gun in your holster that you can grab, or a knife on your chest that you grab. But some women were quick to point out that they keep grabbing their own breasts while frantically trying to grab the knife.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly, one of the best things I've played in VR is this game. Ridiculously fun. Also good for fitness, reflexes and hand eye coordination 'cause you have to constantly aim, duck and dodge.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
But this is also fun...

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
RE7 in VR was excellent. Pity it was only on Playstation. But it was great and full of jump scares. RE4 is more action but it's really well done.

Your inventory is on your body. So you have your gun in your holster that you can grab, or a knife on your chest that you grab. But some women were quick to point out that they keep grabbing their own breasts while frantically trying to grab the knife.
Haha awesome

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting to see where VR goes. I remember when 3D was the next big thing and that flopped massively.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting to see where VR goes. I remember when 3D was the next big thing and that flopped massively.
Vr was practically dead and buried playstation kept it going, it's got a market in flight sim and race sim now while not huge big enough to keep it going.
I jumped on it last night flew a p51 mustang, it's pretty mind blowing just can't do it all the time makes you dizzy

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nothing promoted by Zuckerburg is good for humanity, it's good for Zuckerburg.
I don't understand these billionaires honestly, once you are worth a few billion I'd be cashing out, the thought of Facebook makes me ill ,having a few billion in the bank to do whatever you want , I'd be nowhere the fuck near anyform of social media.

BELMORE

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't understand these billionaires honestly, once you are worth a few billion I'd be cashing out, the thought of Facebook makes me ill ,having a few billion in the bank to do whatever you want , I'd be nowhere the fuck near anyform of social media.
You don’t cash out it’s an addiction and a competition

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You don’t cash out it’s an addiction and a competition
Yeah fuck that, when old tom from MySpace got squeezed out didn't he take a few hundred mill and go around taking pictures around the world ?
The prick should give me a billion that would be nice,
" hey zuckefuck pony up a billion for southy I'll have some fun I'll even buy a new kayak "
Kennel trip is on me if the **** coughs up

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Vr was practically dead and buried playstation kept it going, it's got a market in flight sim and race sim now while not huge big enough to keep it going.
I jumped on it last night flew a p51 mustang, it's pretty mind blowing just can't do it all the time makes you dizzy
Yeah I’ve seen various pitches but I don’t think it’s hit a sweet spot yet. The headsets are still clunky and have poor battery life apart from playing a game for a while. Logistics hurdles in anything other than personal use so right now it looks to me like the next 3D but it could evolve. I think AR is more practical than VR though.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
This is not real life. End up looking like a pasty motherfucker with bug eyes like the creator.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
A bloke I used to play soccer with is one of the founders of Gelatissimo. They built it into a chain over many years then one day when I was talking to him he said, "I'm quitting. I have more money than I could ever spend. Why would I keep working?"

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve seen various pitches but I don’t think it’s hit a sweet spot yet. The headsets are still clunky and have poor battery life apart from playing a game for a while. Logistics hurdles in anything other than personal use so right now it looks to me like the next 3D but it could evolve. I think AR is more practical than VR though.
There are some cool things to do with VR. I know people who use it for fitness and there's actually some really decent fitness applications. There's one VR game/package thing you can get which is used by many EPL and EUFA teams as it's great for tactics, reflexes and coordination.

There's other cool things like using VR as a wide open arcade experience which works pretty well. Far Cry 3 VR is one using this on a commercial level. Another one that's available to everyone is Space Pirate Trainer. The latest version allows you to use two Quest 2 headsets to set up a full sized lazer shootout and apparently it works really well. But it requires a large open space. Like an indoor baseketball field. And it preferably should be inside unless you're really careful (never use a quest outside unless you know what you're doing as direct sunlight on the lenses will destroy your headset fast)

But it'll never be what people want it to be. It has come a long way, but the main problem is that it's so claustrophobic. Even with the best quality headsets, you're putting yourself in a completely closed off environment without knowing what's going on around you. Many find that concept too uncomfortable. I completely agree that AR is the more future proof option. You can still participate in the world and include overlay experiences, and don't have the claustrophobia issue.