Official Members Q&A

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Addo Carr n cotric may be on too much cash as traditional wingers, but they don't have to be played as traditional wingers play. The speed of the game opens up opportunities all over the field for players with speed. Up to Gould n Barrett to get their monies worth by by being creative in how they use the wingers.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Addo Carr n cotric may be on too much cash as traditional wingers, but they don't have to be played as traditional wingers play. The speed of the game opens up opportunities all over the field for players with speed. Up to Gould n Barrett to get their monies worth by by being creative in how they use the wingers.
Robinson is doing this with Manu atm, he has been playing all over the park since being named on the wing. You want your most powerful ball runners on the ball in the current game.

Diatribe 2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey Guys
How good is Tamar Valley Yoghurt, the full strength one not the low sugar version
It’s delicious

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Would like to see JAC given license to roam during early-mid tackle count where we are midfield, ready to back up any busts or be handy for an offload or quick play the ball. Just having him within range of the ball will give the defense something extra to think about.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I skipped straight to Gus and he basically said this season or previous he not focused on, his best work will be done from November

And Furner is gone

Nah I made that up but he did say ‘Bulldogs a club always built on defence’

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would like to see JAC given license to roam during early-mid tackle count where we are midfield, ready to back up any busts or be handy for an offload or quick play the ball. Just having him within range of the ball will give the defense something extra to think about.
Robinson is doing this with Manu atm, he has been playing all over the park since being named on the wing. You want your most powerful ball runners on the ball in the current game.
It's also how turbo is playing, can't imagine our current wingers doing it but Addo Carr, Dufty n cotric sharing it would keep defences on notice

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Haven't listened but my take on it. Gus will take credit for all the good things that will happen & blame others for the not so good things. He took credit for TPJ signing, when TPJ had agreed to terms before Gus arrived.
There’s a video on YouTube where he literally says he had nothing to do with the TPJ signing and said it was done prior to his arrival

Then the very next question that Chammas guy says ‘So Gus I understand you spoke to Tevita last night’

[emoji23]

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's also how turbo is playing, can't imagine our current wingers doing it but Addo Carr, Dufty n cotric sharing it would keep defences on notice
Cotric should've been used like this already, mentioned it during preseason but it never happened. Baz was a huge disappointment this season, just got so many calls wrong.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He also mentioned with the changes in the game certain players types are suited to defensive structures and what is required. He mentioned we will possibly loose a fan favourite or a favourite player may not be signed as trying to build the base with predominantly juniors who want be there.
He has great ideas and if implemented we will be strong again. By the sounds things the background chats with juniors is happening and support to the special ones is there. Good work all round
Let’s hope that fan favourite is Adam Elliot,but my gut feeling is,josh Jackson may b used as a bargaining tool,for a purchase of a 9 or a half.

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah I reckon maybe calling out Jackson and Lewis.
He wasn’t talking about anybody specifically, just anybody in general.

And he was talking about fan favourites to release or not recruit. So if he was talking specifically, why doesn’t anyone put 2+2 together to get 5 and say who’s the fan favourite he won’t recruit?

Because this place would choke on it’s cheese.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm concerned about the comments about the 2023 cap.. I feel as like there's problems again and back to square one..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm concerned about the comments about the 2023 cap.. I feel as like there's problems again and back to square one..
This is all we have coming off contract. Once next year kicks off we'll know what 95% (unless we use all of it, uncommon) of our salary cap looks like.

1628769100902.png

Unless we move players on we'll only have what's left after retaining/releasing these players (half of them are on or close to minimum wage). We'll also get back what we're contributing for DWZ. I think we only have ~2 marquee signings left in us.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like we have f..k all left for 2022. He said our cap "is set" for 2022. Sounded like it meant we're done and dusted for 22. We recruited new players which will have an "impact moving forward into 2023". Backended deals maybe affecting 2023 more than 2022 ?

If we're short on cap we really need to look at moving on anyone on decent money who isn't required ie: Elliott (480k) and Flanagan (450K), maybe Jackson (500-700K) too 1.4M. Enough to cover all or most of both B.Smith and Pearce.

F..k you wouldn't even notice them 3 gone but you'd definitely notice the difference Smith and Pearce would bring in 2 vital positions. To get Smith for 2022 we'd need to trade a top earner rep player (again to free up maximum cap space) like Cotric if the Storm are interested.

I'd trade Cotric and sell Elliott and Flanagan for whatever we can get if that means we get Smith and Pearce.

8 Paul Vaughan
9 Brandon Smith
10 Jack Hetherington / Mavoni Tuifua
11 TPJ
12 RFM
13 Luke Thompson

Last edited:

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can’t believe the salary cap saga is still ongoing. I’m a big fan of Gus and I understand the need for juniors but also feel if you’re a big club you can certainly buy a premiership
Ie roosters, surely between Gus, JK, Laundry we know the best way to milk the cap

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actros in another thread claiming thommo on way out due to salary cap....they will burn down belmore if true and ask for goulds head

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haven't listened but my take on it. Gus will take credit for all the good things that will happen & blame others for the not so good things. He took credit for TPJ signing, when TPJ had agreed to terms before Gus arrived.
Pretty brazen move
taking credit for something that happened beforeyou start your first day at a new role lol
Fuck up