Melbourne: official Roberts and Romelo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Spewing about Romelo. I don't understand what more he could've done to stay at the club. He wouldn't have been asking for much to stay.

As for Roberts... this might finally be his chance. I could see him flourishing at the Storm playing outside Cronk. I wish him the best.

A

Alexander the Great

Spewing about Romelo. I don't understand what more he could've done to stay at the club. He wouldn't have been asking for much to stay.

As for Roberts... this might finally be his chance. I could see him flourishing at the Storm playing outside Cronk. I wish him the best.

I loved the way Romelo used to play. He and Reynolds have that factor to lift the team with their aggression.

As for Roberts the only good game that he played was against the broncos up in qld when his contract was coming up for a review.
Im sure he set up two tries and set up a few.

After that night .......M.I.A

A

Alexander the Great

Ben roberts is copping is sweet on that pages comments.
Poor prick!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i think im the last guy left who likes roberts

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i think im the last guy left who likes roberts
I've always been a fan of his. Yeah, he can do some crazy-bad things... but let's look at the Halfbacks he's played alongside in his career:

- Twilight Sherwin
- Holdsworth
- Sandow

The only good Halfback he's ever played alongside was Kimmorley; and that was arguably when he played his best football.

I think the pressure will come off him big time partnering Cronk. Not to mention Bellamy will teach him the structure he desperately needs.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i agree but that post is very 2011

this is his last chance to prove that he is something

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Going to be interesting to see if Roberts can get his sh1t together in Melbourne.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bellamy will just try cut out his errors/brain snaps like des did with inu

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Bellamy seems to have a way of resurrecting careers down in Melbourne, good luck to both of them

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watch Roberts kill it. Under Bellamy he'll be a gun, he's always had that potential, his best football was playing outside of a genuine HB (Kimmorley). In the storm setup smith and cronk will call the shots, watch him flourish!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was a fan of Roberts while he was here. He was never the flashiest 5/8 but when playing well would keep the defense in two minds to create space for the centres and made loads of tackle breaks. I also hope he does well in Melbourne.

TJW

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i think roberts will play in the the centres, romelo is a good player, im glad storm picked him up

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
he'll do well coz he wont have any added pressure. cronk, smith and slater will be running the show, which will leave him to pass the ball at the right time. thats even assuming he gets a starting position.

all the best to him though. i think he needs melbourne more than they need him.

G

Grub

Yeh can't wait to see him kick on the 2,3,4 and 5 tackles straight into the fullbacks arms and then get hooked by Bellamy

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Yeh can't wait to see him kick on the 2,3,4 and 5 tackles straight into the fullbacks arms and then get hooked by Bellamy
i dont think we'll see many brain snaps from him at melbourne. not under bellamys structure. he will only have 1 or 2 simple jobs to do and the 3 will do the rest. if he does any kicking im guessing its just grubbers in the 20 zone.

i reckon hes only there for cover anyway. time will tell.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hampton has a huge future.. but I think that depends on how much the "big 3" help him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.