Meaney knocked back bigger Tigers deal to stake claim as Dogs' No.1

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hypothetical. No club would hesitate in using Hoppa as their 1st option as injury replacement to their regular fullback. Very good fullback that lacks a step and rapid acceleration.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That swirve he did to break out into open space to set up the first try reminded me of that Barba try against Parra in 2012. Looks like he's got good counter-attack instincts as well....I hope he develops in a fine fullback.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With the way Holland is going, I hope Harper gets a chance in first grade. Some players just thrive and play better in first grade as opposed to reserve grade. Look at Meaney & Okunbor last weekend as a prime example.
First time I seen Harper play was when he had to jump into ISP at right centre due to injuries, he was playing under 20's at the time. He wasn't an excitement machine but this kid amongst men held his ground with his trademark hit and stick and is still doing it today. If Harper can thrive and jump another level when he hits the big leagues.. our backline is looking good.

Wholetthedogsout

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think hes great and seemed tough after that head clash. I hope he brings some magic for this game against Melbourne. Plus would anyone want to go to the tigers after seeing their coach's brain explosion last week. Does that management style actually work anywhere?

Last edited:

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This very reason is why I still have hope that our club will be attractive to young recruits.

I know if I were them I'd rather back myself and sign somewhere where there's a position available for the taking than sign with a top 4 team that has a bunch of rep players and boom youngsters that you have to compete with..

Good on Meaney for having the right attitude and hopefully the club can sign more young players like him that sign for the right reasons.
Yes I agree with you 100%, lets hope that Jack Cogger has the same attitude and can solve another one of our problems.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He just seems like a good kid and seems to get better in the top grade each game he plays hopefully he continues to kill it its what weve been crying out for

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He just seems like a good kid and seems to get better in the top grade each game he plays hopefully he continues to kill it its what weve been crying out for
The player I am most looking forward to seeing play today. Hopefully we see some more line breaks from him

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
played good today I reckon if he build more mass man he'll be the x factor we need

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree plays and even looks a bit like billy slater

he needs to pack on some muscles and strength and he is all good.

great takes under pressure under the high ball.

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
he needs to pack on some muscles and strength and he is all good.

great takes under pressure under the high ball.
After hearing all the negatives about Meaney I watched todays game with an open mind but came away smiling that Meaney was safe as houses at fullback. He will only get better and more confident after this hit out today as will all the other young players who were forced to lose a game by disgraceful refereeing once again but through no fault of theirs.