Opinion Meaney, Cogger and Okunbor

altair

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey guys

Despite the result these boys are playing some good footy. Honestly surprised by how well they are going this early but how’s does everyone see their performances

Especially Meaney his positional play is fantastic

Thoughts

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The difference is since recent times is that these guys are playing for the jersey, for the club an for PRIDE and that’s whats changed.. the 3 mentioned have taken their opportunity and are returning the favour..!!

Awesome guys.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The 3 that Mr Invisible said we’re rubbish (particularly Meaney) have been excellent.

I want to know who else he thinks are rubbish and have a word to Pay about promoting them ;)..

The George Constanza affect - the opposite approach....

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good work from all three. But Okunbor loses some marks for his handling errors. In his favour though he's been terrific with the metres he makes and looks dangerous. Meaney was good again. Cogger didn't do anything outstanding, but was pretty good defensively and directs the play pretty well. All three are taking this opportunity to cement their spots well.

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
Playing well and moreover there is a lot these guys can improve on. Ox had that unfortunate drop and I thought Meaney could have done better to try and target / wrap up the ball to thwart Kamikamica from scoring.

Here's to hoping they continue to improve and become some of our club's heroes.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Even though I think Cogger did okay I agree Foran plays and we win
Like I mentioned somewhere else, not death riding him at all, I want him to succeed but geez, every kick was a nothing kick down their throats, can't recall any of the storm players even moving to catch it.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Well we've been crying out for a good backline... I think we've got something special in the making... hoping they keep up the confidence... love watching the way we play now..
Yep and it’s amazing what some speed will do...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Enjoying watching Meaney. In defence close to the try line, he seemed to keep putting himself in the right spot.

Okunbor was awesome as he smashed his way through, but he needs to develop a step. NRL fullbacks aren't pushovers like them are in lower grades.

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey guys

Despite the result these boys are playing some good footy. Honestly surprised by how well they are going this early but how’s does everyone see their performances

Especially Meaney his positional play is fantastic

Thoughts
There was lots to smile about with this young team today. they threw the ball about and kept in the race all afternoon against 13 of the storm and one referee who has destroyed us so many times with inept refereeing. Cameron Smith appears to have the referees in his pocket judging by the amount of mouth he is allowed to give. So Wrong but never mind the boys held their heads up high and never stopped trying. This team will go somewhere providing the Rorters don't raid our stocks as normal.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The key for these young guys is consistency. No doubt they will have a flat period during the season.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good work from all three. But Okunbor loses some marks for his handling errors. In his favour though he's been terrific with the metres he makes and looks dangerous. Meaney was good again. Cogger didn't do anything outstanding, but was pretty good defensively and directs the play pretty well. All three are taking this opportunity to cement their spots well.
Okunbor is very much Jekyl and Hyde with kicks in reserve grade but it’s a small price to pay when he gives us so much punch from the back.