Mbye's defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Just started going through the video to do up a clip of the games talking points and the thing that seems to stick out like dogs balls is just how poor Mybe's defensive reads are...... I noticed a few and thought I'll add that to the clip....now its doing my head in adding them because there's just so many!!

He runs in field leaving Morris & Rona stranded with a big over lap on their side numerous times, he also runs out of the line and does the same thing SO MANY TIMES and I'm only up to the 15 minute mark of the game, in just about every set the warriors make breaks or score tries due to Mybe looking totally lost

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Just started going through the video to do up a clip of the games talking points and the thing that seems to stick out like dogs balls is just how poor Mybe's defensive reads are...... I noticed a few and thought I'll add that to the clip....now its doing my head in adding them because there's just so many!!

He runs in field leaving Morris & Rona stranded with a big over lap on their side numerous times, he also runs out of the line and does the same thing SO MANY TIMES and I'm only up to the 15 minute mark of the game, in just about every set the warriors make breaks or score tries due to Mybe looking totally lost
Yeah his got a habit of doing that but didn't think it was that bad.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
This has got nothing to do with Mbye but i didn't think it was new thread worthy but did you guys notice that when we tackle now we always (Try) to have a guy come around the back and prevent the offload. It worked quite successfully last game and i can see other teams once again copying us. Offloads kill any team and i thought it was a good new development.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

That's why I requested this
he looked bad live
worse when I watched replay

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I n
This has got nothing to do with Mbye but i didn't think it was new thread worthy but did you guys notice that when we tackle now we always (Try) to have a guy come around the back and prevent the offload. It worked quite successfully last game and i can see other teams once again copying us. Offloads kill any team and i thought it was a good new development.
Yep, I noticed this

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder what the master coach does during training and off season. For last 4 years

- we dont have set plays
- our halves dont kick, nor create anything
- our hooker has only one job to do which is to pick up the ball and pass and tackle the shiit out of himself.
- we know what happens when the ball goes to tolman
- we know when ever the half arse bomb is put up in the air, no bulldog player will chase it.

have i missed any thing??

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder what the master coach does during training and off season. For last 4 years

- we dont have set plays
- our hooker has only one job to do which is to pick up the ball and pass and tackle the shiit out of himself.
- we know when ever the half arse bomb is put up in the air, no bulldog player will chase it.

Whats strange is that our game plan is so simple yet we seem to have so many errors and penalties. Every week you here Des and the players saying they need to clean up their game but every week its the same.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Looking at his stats so far this year and Moses has made 124 tackles, missing 22. That equates to one missed roughly every 6 or around 3.1 per game.
Josh Reynolds is roughly the same.
Josh Jackson has missed 2 more but made twice as many.
Tim Browne has made 118 and missed 2

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Looking at his stats so far this year and Moses has made 124 tackles, missing 22. That equates to one missed roughly every 6 or around 3.1 per game.
and that wouldn't be counting the bad reads where he does nothing but create a hole for the opposition to run through.....the warriors must have targeted him and they benefited every time they would shift the ball out running an angle towards Morris, Mybe would rush across (sometimes in front of Morris) and they would have a player running back in to that hole Mbye had left

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
and that wouldn't be counting the bad reads where he does nothing but create a hole for the opposition to run through.....the warriors must have targeted him and they benefited every time they would shift the ball out running an angle towards Morris, Mybe would rush across (sometimes in front of Morris) and they would have a player running back in to that hole Mbye had left
Yes those stats do only show the tackles he has made and missed not bad reads. Probably we don't ever really think of that when assessing a players ability to defend effectively. Your highlights reel just might turn into a marathon,lol.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's the misses that lead directly to tries and JJ and Mbye I assume head that list

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

- we dont have set plays

We do have set plays this year to be fair. Most notably is the pivot shift from left to right with the cut out pass delivered from Mbye or Hopoate to Perrett

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We do have set plays this year to be fair. Most notably is the pivot shift from left to right with the cut out pass delivered from Mbye or Hopoate to Perrett

our most widley used set play since 2012 , on the last tackle is hold the ball near the try line and act stupid.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
our most widley used set play since 2012 , on the last tackle is hold the ball near the try line and act stupid.
Dont forget about the occasional grubber on the 5th from either Josh Morris, Lafai, Pritchard, Dorothy and Eastwood

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Jackson had a couple of shocking games for missed tackles earlier on in the season (9 missed against the Eels, and 6 against Souths the following week), he's usually better than that so I'd expect his percentages of made/missed tackles would get better as more games are played.

Between Mbye and Reynolds, seems at least one of them is poor in missed tackle counts almost every week. It would be interesting to see video highlights of those missed tackles to see just how much they are impacting the game (to be honest I never really notice during a game other than the ones that lead to a direct try where your not just focusing on the next thing a second later).

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dont forget about the occasional grubber on the 5th from either Josh Morris, Lafai, Pritchard, Dorothy and Eastwood
oh yeah, forgot about that "set play" too which completely confuses the opposition.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jackson had a couple of shocking games for missed tackles earlier on in the season (9 missed against the Eels, and 6 against Souths the following week), he's usually better than that so I'd expect his percentages of made/missed tackles would get better as more games are played.

Between Mbye and Reynolds, seems at least one of them is poor in missed tackle counts almost every week. It would be interesting to see video highlights of those missed tackles to see just how much they are impacting the game (to be honest I never really notice during a game other than the ones that lead to a direct try where your not just focusing on the next thing a second later).

I think most of us do only look at that aspect of it. You are right with Jacko, two games accounted for 15 of his 24 missed. I don't know but he has just seemed a little bit off this year. Maybe because we have been spoilt in the past.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
ok well it did get better as the match went on it appears in the second half the warriors seemed to shut up shop on targeting Mbye and played up the middle with Mbye having to do very little work at all

Status
Not open for further replies.