Mbye to regain spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I honestly believe Frawley will keep his spot, and we will shift Mbye.

Why? Because Frawley has been named in extended lineups every single week, so Des has him on the cusp of being in the side. Also means Lachlan Lewis gets more time in NSW Cup.

Plus ... Des is still treading dangerous ground at the moment.. he NEEDS to have us still winning.

Re Lichaa... might have just been a stinger/impingement of the AC.

I am big fan of Lachlan Lewis! he is developing nicely.

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Did Reynolds have to play off the bench in 2015? Pretty sure Moses came in with a bang, and it was like a 3 horse race.

While it wouldn't be surprising Des will just let Moses come back in, I do firmly believe that Des or whoever has seen the effectiveness of a genuine half. IMO if isn't Frawley this year, it'll be Mitchell Moses next year. What I'm saying is, we're gunning for a halfback. We have to be after Thursday...

Why? Because Frawley has been named in extended lineups every single week, so Des has him on the cusp of being in the side. Also means Lachlan Lewis gets more time in NSW Cup.

Plus ... Des is still treading dangerous ground at the moment.. he NEEDS to have us still winning.

hope so

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Des doesn't use 17 players anyway. Reynolds is a perfect 14.
As long as Des uses him for a reasonable spell. Not just 5min at the end of the game.
Moses is getting paid to much to play reggies. Moses to 6 - and for his the kicking game alone Frawley should be our 7.
Abbey while positionally rusty at times. If given some consistent game time he looks like he will develop well. Leave hime at 1.
If you are going to persist with Klemmer at 13. Eastwood has to be off the bench coming on for Klemmer. Sharing the lock duty.
RMF to Start at Left side Second Row.
Bench - Reynolds, Fualalo, Eastwood, Kasiano
It would be cruel and wrong to drop Reynolds after last week. Wasn't far off a bag of tries and FINALLY ran straight. Reynolds should be the first picked after the Broncos game

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Mbye should bite the bullet and tell Des to try him at FB!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mbye will be 7
As much as I want Frawley 7
I can't see it
Frawley hopefully jag bench as covers hooker too

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbye can play in the halves if he plays a michael Morgan type role... but that would mean we need a controlling half like Mitch Moses or Frawley.

I think if des goes down this route, Reynolds is gone or a bench utility

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We can easily beat the knights if we play smart. Just target the shit out of their left edge defence and there will be plenty of chances to score points. We just need to defend well.
Sorry but I can't take this shit anymore des u are the biggest wanker and I'm afraid that Frawley will leave Our club if this continues and we will be in more shit .

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In des we rust
I'm going to make this into a banner , make it look all legit .. Ill walk into ANZ with a banner saying ' in des we trust' then when I get in Ill give it to one of the kid's but Ill remove the 'T' hehe

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Frawley has to keep his spot ,he's the type of 7 we've been crying out for years

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbye should bite the bullet and tell Des to try him at FB!
Frawley has to keep his spot ,he's the type of 7 we've been crying out for years
I'm happy with Abbey at fb for a few more weeks. Mbye can go to the bench. Frawley had a good game - surprising to me and better than I've seen him play in NSW Cup. I'm not convinced he's our future but he should keep his spot this week on kicking game alone.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Frawley deserves to keep his spot but of course Des won't make this happen. o unfortunately we're gonna go back to the same old boring and predictable shit that has been dished out.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Me too, looks like a cracker doesn't he. His definitely got the passion and slight of hand of his uncle doesn't he.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It's a better than maybe for me. Wish our first choice halfback was better than Mbye! Haha.

I hope Frawley gets picked, but I'm not overly hopeful.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is we're playing Newcastle and so he can easily revert to mbye.

If we were playing someone better I don't think frawley would have been dropped given how well as a team we played
That's really sick, I thought keeping your best team on the paddock was any clubs objective regardless of the opposition. Sad but true....

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Means nothing..

Whether Frawley is selected this week will tell us everything we need to know about future.. there is no reason whatsoever why Mbye should be selected ahead of him at 7..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Colour me stupid BUT ... could you sub Reynolds and Mbye off the bench in #6 position?

Reynolds was on fire last week on a very wet track. Could have snagged 4 tries.

Frawleys kicking was perfect... more repeat sets than the ENTIRE 2016 season.

You can't regress on that... .. surely.

Status
Not open for further replies.