Mbye set to become Bulldogs fullback

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
One says Brenko was one of our strong points in attack and you say he's weak in attack and Pay likes strong defenders. Well, Brenko, might have issues in defence but can you see something wrong in your logic here. Jus as a matter of opinion, I would always have a back who could score or set up trys rather than a super defender. Tell me a player than does both so impeccably well. Lets score trys and let Mybe moe them down from behind if they are lucky enough to get through
My bad I meant defence hence why I said Pay likes defenders...

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im exact opposite to this .
Hoppa cannot read the Attack well when its coming at him.9/10 hes on the other side of the posts when the other team scores. He is best at Centgra I belive. Mbye will give us more attacking options when we run plays, with him chiming in when Woods offloads will be great. Hes quick, a good defender and reads plays well.
Agree Mbye will give us better attacking options. But the weakest link in the team by a country mile is in the centres. Mbye lacks any creativity. A fullback needs that.
Mbye has speed to burn, and can defend well. He would be good at backing up Woods, and can do so from centre.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree Mbye will give us better attacking options. But the weakest link in the team by a country mile is in the centres. Mbye lacks any creativity. A fullback needs that.
Mbye has speed to burn, and can defend well. He would be good at backing up Woods, and can do so from centre.
he doesn't really need to be creative from fullback. His speed sweeping around the back of set plays and passing ability will do the team a huge benefit. He'd be outsized by 90% of other centres. Hoppa and jmoz in the centres would be perfect

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
he doesn't really need to be creative from fullback. His speed sweeping around the back of set plays and passing ability will do the team a huge benefit. He'd be outsized by 90% of other centres. Hoppa and jmoz in the centres would be perfect
I agree.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he is happy and willing to play there. He will be a sucess

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Some of you are really going to look silly when you see how Mbye plays next season. Most of you rubbished Lichaa and said he couldn't play park footy and then he throws off the Des shackles and he is suddenly hot property. Mbye was touted as JT's future replacement, is in the same system that Lichaa has been in only longer and you are giving it to him because he apparently lacks creativity and so on. Could it just be possible that this is a young bloke who is going to make SOO once he is unshackled as well? My money is on YES. The kid has speed, step, a good pass and when he gets the chance he can sniff out an opportunity. Same with pretty much all the players. They all have plenty of ability what they didn't have was opportunity. If Pay coaches them the way we all think he will, this will be a completely different team next season.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Some of you are really going to look silly when you see how Mbye plays next season. Most of you rubbished Lichaa and said he couldn't play park footy and then he throws off the Des shackles and he is suddenly hot property. Mbye was touted as JT's future replacement, is in the same system that Lichaa has been in only longer and you are giving it to him because he apparently lacks creativity and so on. Could it just be possible that this is a young bloke who is going to make SOO once he is unshackled as well? My money is on YES. The kid has speed, step, a good pass and when he gets the chance he can sniff out an opportunity. Same with pretty much all the players. They all have plenty of ability what they didn't have was opportunity. If Pay coaches them the way we all think he will, this will be a completely different team next season.
As a FB or half?

MR SS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Hoppa-
2. Bmoz
3. jmoz
4. lee
5. Montoya
6. mybe
7. foran
8.klemmer
9.lichaa
10.woods
11.rfm
12.martin
13.Jackson (c)
14.brown
15.tolman
16.tuala/fuolo
17.eastwood/elliot

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
As a FB or half?
Good question. I guess I am assuming he will be FB but even so, the kid has skills. It's just that they have been structured out of him in the past few years. If Pay walks the talk then even as a 5/8 with a bit of latitude to play what's in front of him rather than quadrant footy he will go pretty well. Every now and then even under Des he broke out of the mold and showed he has skills. It's just that Des put him back in his box after each game he did it.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good question. I guess I am assuming he will be FB but even so, the kid has skills. It's just that they have been structured out of him in the past few years. If Pay walks the talk then even as a 5/8 with a bit of latitude to play what's in front of him rather than quadrant footy he will go pretty well. Every now and then even under Des he broke out of the mold and showed he has skills. It's just that Des put him back in his box after each game he did it.
I'm willing to give all players a clean slate

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Step? Never seen it lol

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yawn. Another day, another attempt at finding this fraud a position in the team. This blokes contract is a greater atrocity than T-Rex and Eastwood combined.

Hoppa's safe as a bank at fullback, this position should've been the least of our worries.

Best thing we could possibly do is just cut our losses, ship him off ESL and pay half his contract for the next few years. He's a stain on our team.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yawn. Another day, another attempt at finding this fraud a position in the team. This blokes contract is a greater atrocity than T-Rex and Eastwood combined.

Hoppa's safe as a bank at fullback, this position should've been the least of our worries.

Best thing we could possibly do is just cut our losses, ship him off ESL and pay half his contract for the next few years. He's a stain on our team.
Yawn. Another day of another fraud of a footy expert to complain about something thats not going to change.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I realy can't disagree with you there. You're absolutely spot on mate.
They are all saying Mybe lacks creativity, haha last time I checked the fullback still wears no.1 on his back doesn't he? It's not 6 or 7, or has that changed?
Some people make it out that you need to be creative to play fullback..pfffft....it's a bonus to have your fullback being creative but not a pre-requisite thats for sure. Barba wasn't the most creative player either and he set the world on fire.
That being said, Mybe is not the most creative player to play in the halves, BUT for fullback, he's got enough creativity for that position.
If overnight Bulldog supporters watched Rugby league long enough over the years, they would soon realise what are the essential charateristics for a fullback to have.

1.Good under the highball
2.Positional play in attack and defence(this includes being a really good support player when breaks are made and have the ability to chime into the back line to create over laps)
3.Good cover defender
4.Speed
6.Ability to read the play from the back and communicate with team mates
7. The occasional kick in general play(short and long) - this is a bonus - not a pre-requisite.
8. The occational try assist with a great pass to put the winger or centre over - again this is a bonus not a pre-requisite.

To me Mbye fits the fullback position and would only improve.
His limited creative skills will be enough for fullback not to mention all the other boxes he ticks

The DoggFather

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Next year will prove it brother. Is he a dud or did the dud shackle him?

Honestly, we should found out by around round 8-10.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Next year will prove it brother. Is he a dud or did the dud shackle him?

Honestly, we should found out by around round 8-10.
I hope we don't have to wait that long. He should be showing something from the get go. Yes, he'll get better as the season goes on but he should be showing something in the trials.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I hope we don't have to wait that long. He should be showing something from the get go. Yes, he'll get better as the season goes on but he should be showing something in the trials.
Trial form will mean fuck all, it isn't a priority at all during trials.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't mind Hoppa at the back tbh but if they want to give Mbye a go so be it.

I'm a bit iffy over giving a guy who hasnt played FB since fuck knows when. He hasn't played it in a meaningful game anyway.

What if we try him there and he is HORRIBLE lol. Then we have to mix and match again. Anyway excited to see what will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.