Mbye at Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Happy to see him and think he could play 1, 3/4 or 6.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lee has looked dangerous at centre, and Morris isn't going anywhere.

If we are talking what can be done this year, Mbye could be given a run at #9 with Frawley staying at #7 and Lichaa to the bench. That would be minimal disruption, and doesn't leave a hole anywhere else with the moves.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't get how people are saying mbye should be the hooker. Didn't he play 'hooker' in the 2014 grand final? How'd that go for us?
Lichaa has 3 years more experience than him at hooker , I don't get the logic

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't get how people are saying mbye should be the hooker. Didn't he play 'hooker' in the 2014 grand final? How'd that go for us?
To be fair, he got thrown in there at the last minute in the biggest game of the year and defended extremely well.

He didn't do a lot in attack, but neither did the halves...

I remember "Michael" aka Ennis said he did an amazing job in the circumstances.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To be fair, he got thrown in there at the last minute in the biggest game of the year and defended extremely well.

He didn't do a lot in attack, but neither did the halves...

I remember "Michael" aka Ennis said he did an amazing job in the circumstances.
Michael would've said that about anyone that was put there.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Guess its a question of what changes, something clearly has to in the long run.

Reynolds and Lichaa both being off contract, do they stay or go, if one or both are to go, then are we filling the spots with existing players or are we recruiting, if recruiting, then who.

I think there is a good opportunity to try a few things on the field this season soon-ish, if the moves look like a good fit, at least the club could then make a better informed decision on any negotiations they may be doing.

Lichaa hasn't been great, even his bit of a step up lately could just be the off contract effect where players get good, re-sign, then go back to sleep. Mbye doesn't go looking for the ball, but is a good ball runner, so #9 might be a better fit for him than where he is right now anyway. Don't know if it would be a good plan, but wouldn't mind seeing it get tested at least.

Benjamin Short

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Probably better utility starting Lichaa, bringing Mbye on for a prop or lock rotation and moving Lichaa to 13
Yeah maybe I just think lichaa off the bench frawley at 7 maybe mbye at 8 and Reynolds to 9

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Guess its a question of what changes, something clearly has to in the long run.

Reynolds and Lichaa both being off contract, do they stay or go, if one or both are to go, then are we filling the spots with existing players or are we recruiting, if recruiting, then who.

I think there is a good opportunity to try a few things on the field this season soon-ish, if the moves look like a good fit, at least the club could then make a better informed decision on any negotiations they may be doing.

Lichaa hasn't been great, even his bit of a step up lately could just be the off contract effect where players get good, re-sign, then go back to sleep. Mbye doesn't go looking for the ball, but is a good ball runner, so #9 might be a better fit for him than where he is right now anyway. Don't know if it would be a good plan, but wouldn't mind seeing it get tested at least.
Ok I see your logic but I just think its wrong in many ways to give mbye the hooker role even if it does turn out that being a number 9 is his thang.

IMO he was dishonest . Its also wrong to strip Lichaa of his developing game and replace him with another rookie who has been less than honest and has failed miserably at his role.

Mbye had one good game and the very next day put himself on the market . He basically bluffed his way into a very nice contract and was set for 4 years. he then tried to defend his lack of kicking ability by saying he never kicked a goal in his life!

I just don't care for decitful people.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok I see your logic but I just think its wrong in many ways to give mbye the hooker role even if it does turn out that being a number 9 is his thang.

IMO he was dishonest . Its also wrong to strip Lichaa of his developing game and replace him with another rookie who has been less than honest and has failed miserably at his role.

Mbye had one good game and the very next day put himself on the market . He basically bluffed his way into a very nice contract and was set for 4 years. he then tried to defend his lack of kicking ability by saying he never kicked a goal in his life!

I just don't care for decitful people.
Are you saying the it is Mbyes fault for being on a good contract because he dishonestly pretended he was a good player! Wow! Mbye is a solid professional first grader, he isnt a half back, never was coming through the juniors. Des has him playing half because Reynolds is no chance of controlling the team and of Des' inability to recruit a decent half through poor roster management.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is my assessment and reason why Mbye should be the fullback next Game.
Out of all the 1, 6, 7, 9,
1 Abbey has been the most vulnerable, he is talented and should be eased into first grade on the wing in the future.
6 Reynolds played a strong game outside a steady halfback.
7 Frawley provided the missing link through his kicking and passing.
9 Lichaa is improving by the game but he has to speedup his dummy half passing.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
While supercoach is here the biggest move you'll see from Mbye might be from 7 to 6.
Nah. I'd say the biggest movement super coach has already given him is one from his bowel.

Benjamin Short

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Probably better utility starting Lichaa, bringing Mbye on for a prop or lock rotation and moving Lichaa to 13
How long do you think lichaa will be with us for ,if not long i just thought mbye would be better there but who knows what des is thinking or if he gets the 2 year extension

Status
Not open for further replies.