Mason Confirms King Playing With Ruptured Plantar Fascia

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A ruptured plantar fascia (simplistically the ligaments/tendons that connect your toes to your heel) is not a common injury, generally it happens to people with flat feet deformity. Basketballers are also likely sufferers. Like anything foot related it takes a long time (months) to heel and requires rest during recovery. To keep playing would require pain killers, strapping and foot support (orthotics) in the footy boots. Surgery isn't commonly required, unless there is a heel spur which requires surgical removal of the bone spur. I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't doing much training, to give it a better chance to heel, maybe upper body only.

From memory this is our 3rd foot recent related stress injury, RFM (bone fractures), Thompson (lisfranc) and now King. All different parts of the foot though. Is there a common factor at work here?

Always a Bulldog
Belmore field cut too short.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
A ruptured plantar fascia (simplistically the ligaments/tendons that connect your toes to your heel) is not a common injury, generally it happens to people with flat feet deformity. Basketballers are also likely sufferers. Like anything foot related it takes a long time (months) to heel and requires rest during recovery. To keep playing would require pain killers, strapping and foot support (orthotics) in the footy boots. Surgery isn't commonly required, unless there is a heel spur which requires surgical removal of the bone spur. I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't doing much training, to give it a better chance to heel, maybe upper body only.

From memory this is our 3rd foot recent related stress injury, RFM (bone fractures), Thompson (lisfranc) and now King. All different parts of the foot though. Is there a common factor at work here?

Always a Bulldog
I believe the common factor is that they all have feet. Toe count is yet to be confirmed for those 6 feet though. Kotoni Staggs may have that answer.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
It's naht a Touma.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven’t listened yet.. but I’d say that he’s getting needled weekly to play. Maybe some physios in here can better explain it but plantar fascia injuries means it would usually be hard to run and even walk at times. What a warrior.
Not a physio but having researched it a bit because I’ve had some minor irritation from it, it can be pretty bad when severe, as it’s like a band (fascia) of muscle (or maybe ligament) that goes from the bottom of the heel, to the forefoot, so it’s pretty important. Ruptured PF I assume equals pain mostly.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Not a physio but having researched it a bit because I’ve had some minor irritation from it, it can be pretty bad when severe, as it’s like a band (fascia) of muscle (or maybe ligament) that goes from the bottom of the heel, to the forefoot, so it’s pretty important. Ruptured PF I assume equals pain mostly.
Its a shocking complaint. Comes on you at any time and only relieved by rest. The pain is sharp and putting weight on your foot walking is incredible. How is is playing with that injury is incredible.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a shocking complaint. Comes on you at any time and only relieved by rest. The pain is sharp and putting weight on your foot walking is incredible. How is is playing with that injury is incredible.
It’s annoying hey? Mine has never been too bad, but at it’s worst it’s a weird aching feeling. You want to massage it thinking it will feel good but it does nothing. Mine is probably from rarely wearing proper shoes. It’s a bad habit I need to change.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It’s annoying hey? Mine has never been too bad, but at it’s worst it’s a weird aching feeling. You want to massage it thinking it will feel good but it does nothing. Mine is probably from rarely wearing proper shoes. It’s a bad habit I need to change.
It usually comes on you a bit later in life. Gotta feel so sorry for Max that he has it already. It never really goes away and can come back months later for no apparent reason.

Heaps of people at golf have it.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I would just shut him down and let him recover. He is giving his efforts to halves in Kyle Flanagan and Burton which is a complete waste from King considering how shit both are. Think long term here
I wouldn't say Burto is shit but as a 6 he has a long way to go.

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a relatively minor tear, I’ve had a partial tear, bastard of an injury stopped me running for 5 months. Rupture usually means full tear. Best treatment imo sit on chair and roll heel over ice bottle, hours every day. Also had tear at toe end of ligament, heals fairly quickly. Good luck to Max, he’s got the best people looking after him.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Respect for King. As good as gold !!

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolute legend Kingy is. We need to see more of him on Bulldogs socials though :D

Also Dogs should give Nu Brown some creative freedom whilst recovering as his media stuff is excellent.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a relatively minor tear, I’ve had a partial tear, bastard of an injury stopped me running for 5 months. Rupture usually means full tear. Best treatment imo sit on chair and roll heel over ice bottle, hours every day. Also had tear at toe end of ligament, heals fairly quickly. Good luck to Max, he’s got the best people looking after him.
Yep done the ice bottle before and I have also done the tennis ball too. Work in office and used to have a tennis ball underneath my desk, would do the back and forth while I worked. But mine was not a complete rupture. From memory I think the tennis ball was supposed to help with the scar tissue buildup. Got mine from running, the tennis ball trick was what kept me running.