Opinion Marshall for 1 year anyone

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well fellas in my option you could have JT and Kleary in our team but if the forwards stop aiming up the result will be the same as last week Our halves as crap as they are were putting us a winning position on Sunday night The Forwards clocked off and the rest is history. Stop blaming Lewis for the shit we are in All our halves options are being made to look like crap but I blame the Forwards they are the crap that needs to put in 80 mins. I think Lewis is being chosen to be an extra forward to help prop up the team otherwise Cogger would the starting half not that he is much better but a genuine halfback at least

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Had some pipe last night and decisee a strategy here.

Either get Green medically retired or offer that coaching role for the same money or close to it.

Use the space, get Marshall (cheaper and just as good) without the injury worry.

Worst case, get them both IF we don't sign Foran.

Even if Marshall is just backup like he was at the Broncos, I'd be ok with it. The key is he's only wanting 200 a year

El Mag-Nick

Waterboy
Reaction score
I’d have him, he’s not a player who will win every game off his own bat, but he can win the odd game single handedly. Plus he and JMK may bring out the best in each other. Brothers can play better together than they do apart for seemingly no reason. We won’t be worse with benji, he and green can both be mentors, it doesn’t have to be one or the other.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
0AA2621F-6C62-4A9C-98B3-D188E6DC0212.jpeg

Former Newcastle Knights halfback Jarrod Mullen has been tipped to make a return to rugby league after a four-year ban from the sport.
The 33-year-old had his contract torn up after testing positive for an anabolic steroid in 2017.
His ban is set to expire in January 2021 and will be able to play in the NRL if he completes community service for a criminal offence relating to the supply of cocaine.
It comes on the day Sharks young gun Bronson Xerri’s B-sample for a steroid returned a positive test.

Asked about whether Xerri, 19, could still make a comeback to the NRL, The Daily Telegraph’s Paul Kent revealed that there was proof the disgraced young Shark could return to the sport in a professional capacity.

“He can come back, he’ll be 25 by the time he comes back,” Kent said on Fox League’s NRL360.
“I think he’s looking at four years. But 25 is not too old to come back.

“We saw Sandor Earl come back after four years and just today (Phil) ‘Buzz’ Rothfield is writing in tomorrow’s paper that Jarrod Mullen is going to apply to the NRL for reinstatement.

“His term is up in January and he’ll be able to play from January onwards as long as he does his 300 hours of community service.
“It can happen for Bronson Xerri but it’s long odds to get off this charge.”

Mullen, who was found to have purchased 39grams of cocaine, when he was sentenced in February this year.
His lawyer Paul McGirr said that the former NSW Origin player regretted his mistake and wanted to put things right.

“Jarrod’s remorseful for what happened, and he wants to move on with his life and hopefully use this experience to educate other young kids,” he said.

“He was a legend of the game and still is.
“He’s made a mistake and he’s put his hand up for it.”

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
He might bring the best of JmK for sure. I think JMK has super sub written all over him

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wheres Wally, Blake I’ve been every where man Green or Benji??

No contest. Benji Marshall wants the ball in his hands when the games on the line and has freakish talent even at his age. One year deal to stop us looking shit and help our young guys until we sign a gun half, no brainer.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Green, Lewis, Wakeham, Averillo is probably enough halves.
If we hadn't signed Green then yes to Marshall as a stop gap.
We need front row, hooker, centre and fullback as a higher priority

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
One of my favourite players. Wrong time in his career. He isn’t goin too bad atm either. If we didn’t have Green I’d be ok with Benji for a year.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have fallen to new low's .
We're content to bring any washed up old codger to fill our roster's shortcoming.
But when you have charlatan duds like Lewis masquerading as a half then guys like Green and Marshall will look like a luxury to have even at their age.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Holla for a Marshall, and yes would be good for a year. Massive experience,Big game experience as well. humble guy and would bring the right attitude and good for the young fellas, and let’s face it , be nice to see him finish off with his little bro.. so there’s definitely a few positives.!!!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the club can fit Green and Marshall for a yr... take it. Both will be in and out of the team anyways so all the kids will get a decent run with some decent mentoring.

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the Green / Marshall halves pairing. He’s a superstar, leader, and champion example of a bloke! Sign him tomorrow. 2 years. Just get it done!

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like how people complain about not buying older players but can't elaborate who we can get for next year....who this superstar half is that we can get? Problem is that all the really good ones like Keary, Cleary, DCE, Pearce, Munster etc...are all tied up. Even if they weren't, there is about 10% chance of them coming to a basket case like we are unless you're prepared to pay at least 30% more than most. Yes, Benji is not what he use to be but he is not injury prone like Foran. His experience would be invaluable to the club and a 1yr deal on minimum wage would not be silly at all. How many times we lead this year only for our inexperienced halves (Lewis, Cogger) not closing out the match. Also, Green's injury is 6-9months and and if the comp starts again in March, he could be out for half a season. At 33, he is more likely to be out 9months. What's going to happen if we have Lewis and Wakeham for most of next season ? I'm honestly sick of seeing this team with a "loss" next to its name every week. Look, I'm not saying Benji is the answer but he is way better than what we have (considering Foran is leaving and Green is injured long term)....as there is nothing better out there for the next 12 months....and he would be on peanuts.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Benji is rubbish and wont do a thing let this clown retire

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like how people complain about not buying older players but can't elaborate who we can get for next year....who this superstar half is that we can get? Problem is that all the really good ones like Keary, Cleary, DCE, Pearce, Munster etc...are all tied up. Even if they weren't, there is about 10% chance of them coming to a basket case like we are unless you're prepared to pay at least 30% more than most. Yes, Benji is not what he use to be but he is not injury prone like Foran. His experience would be invaluable to the club and a 1yr deal on minimum wage would not be silly at all. How many times we lead this year only for our inexperienced halves (Lewis, Cogger) not closing out the match. Also, Green's injury is 6-9months and and if the comp starts again in March, he could be out for half a season. At 33, he is more likely to be out 9months. What's going to happen if we have Lewis and Wakeham for most of next season ? I'm honestly sick of seeing this team with a "loss" next to its name every week. Look, I'm not saying Benji is the answer but he is way better than what we have (considering Foran is leaving and Green is injured long term)....as there is nothing better out there for the next 12 months....and he would be on peanuts.
How dare you talk with logic lol

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nasheed herem
sign huim up.
He is willing to play min wage.

if onkly thius happened three weeks back we could have linked him up with his brother (he is half brother with jmk) and avoided the green problem.

ID STILL TAKE HIM THOUGH IF FORAN DOESNT PUT PEN TO PAPER!!!!
Forans 1 year contract has been pulled. So what paper exactly are you looking for Foran to put his pen to? Foran will be at Manly next year on a 2 year backended deal. He will kill it back at Manly.
Id go after Benji. We have a fill in year. Green wont be available till Round 8 at the earliest and we wont have Foran. Benji on minimum wage as we wait for Burtons availability hopefully in 2022 is a no brainer and he'd help the learning curve of our young halves as well.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The best thing for the future is to be competitive next year whatever that takes. We won’t be doing any young blokes careers any good by bringing them into a side that are the competition whipping boys. Marshall and Cogger would be an interesting combo. Not likely now though that we signed Green and Wakeham.
Hell, Jarrod Mullen's 4 year drug suspension is up & is applying for re-entry into the NRL, why not him? After he completes his mandatory 300 hours of charity work first of course.