Marijuana plant blamed for collapsed building

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

It's 2.40am on a Monday morning, and most of the residents in downtown Pasadena are sound asleep. Some are still continuing their weekend. At least, that was the case for three roommates who share an East Colorado Boulevard apartment.

The three men, all in their early 20s, have been living together for the past 7 months. It is alleged that one of the men lit a marijuana plant to "give the studio a good feel". It is understood that approximately 20 minutes following, whilst the three men were all sound asleep heavily intoxicated, that the burning marijuana plant spread onto a nearby curtain and rapidly engulfed the entire apartment.

One of the men, a well-known and popular horticulturalist in the area, allegedly woke up feeling hungry to find the apartment ablaze.

All three men were able to escape the apartment and notify emergency services of the fire. The building was evacuated promptly, and residents gathered on the street and witnessed the fire from the outside. Shortly after, around 3.10am, the fifth storey partially collapsed under the weight of the fire.

A third storey resident speaking to a radio journalist wittily commented that the apartment building now "...wasn't so high".

The man who allegedly set the marijuana plant alight has been taken into custody, although has refused to collaborate with police until he can get a hold of his Hollywood lawyer, Doobie Jenkins, who is understood to be on holidays in South America.

Police have cordoned off the area until further notice as the building has been labelled a "medium risk of further collapse", and will conduct an investigation into the newly-built apartment building's structural engineering.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
hahahahahahahaha but what about the important news....was the plant saved?

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
This reminds me of a story in the news over a decade ago. I cant find it for the life of me but here goes ...

A 70-something year-old lady was questioned by police in Greystanes, after police found a 10-foot marijuana plant in her front yard.

As it turns out, police were called to the street for another matter, and when they were leaving they noticed the tree while performing a U-turn in her driveway. (Can you imagine being in the paddywagon ? "WTF Sarge, is that a giant pot plant ???")

So they knocked on her door. She admitted it was hers, and had been in the ground for ages. After a couple of attempts to grow things nearby, she gave up and left it on it's own. She'd watered it, Fed it, Fertilised it, Pruned it. It flourished and eventually made for some nice afternoon shade.

Police asked "Have you ever noticed strange people hanging around your house ?"
She replied, "No, not really. All of the neighbours around here are really nice. The young boys are always saying Hello. They might have a row or two in the street, but they leave me alone most of the time. I haven't had any trouble. I like the people here."

Long story short. Plant was removed. Took 3 filled-to-the-brim paddywagons.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The lawyer's name is 'Doobie'?????????????????

And currently holidaying in South America?

Niiiice lawyer.

G

Gladiator.

Woah. That is f*cked.
Well done Slippery, one of your best, you almost had me convinced.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I always knew marijuana was dangerous! even more reason to keep it illegal!
if you use it then it will bring down the house (or a building in this case)

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Woah. That is f*cked.
Well done Slippery, one of your best, you almost had me convinced.
Only in America, hey?
I knew you & Book would recognise this as a fake, but I'm getting bites so far. ;]

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only in America, hey?
I knew you & Book would recognise this as a fake, but I'm getting bites so far. ;]
I reckon it could happen here in NZ too probably lol
I recognized it straight away but didn't want to ruin it.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hahahahahahahahaha, damn that poor marijuana, thats the worst outcome, losing ur pot lol (well ppl dying would be)

G

Gladiator.

When will people learn. One of your finest Slippery, you've gotten many bites from this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.