Marie Finianos – The Untold Story Of A Very Special Football Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well hopefully I will find out in 2 weeks time after some more tests.

Still may be 3-6 months away, I just hope it's before the finals so the new heart can handle it lol

I'll keep you updated brother.
We've clashed in the past but I definitely wish you all the best for your journey.
Good health and God bless.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We've clashed in the past but I definitely wish you all the best for your journey.
Good health and God bless.
Thanks brother, those clashes were lovers tiffs lol no harm intended

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I may have mentioned this in another thread. My brother was diagnosed with terminal cancer back in 2010 and also a massive Bulldogs supporter, like my self.

The club invited us to the Bulldogs vs Roosters game and also organized a meet and greet with the players. We got a lot of photos to remind us of the day.

My brother also got to catch up with his idol Terry Lamb(who came to my brothers wedding years earlier as a surprise guest). The club did their best to make it a special day for us all and at the end of it presented a signed jersey to my brother.

After my brother passed away, the club sent us a condolence letter along with flowers and a bunch of Bulldog ties for the men to wear at the funeral. My brother was buried in his beloved Bulldogs jersey and in a Bulldogs coffin.

The club means more to me then just a footy team and I will forever be greatful for their time shared with us. I'll be a Bulldog now, forever and always!!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I may have mentioned this in another thread. My brother was diagnosed with terminal cancer back in 2010 and also a massive Bulldogs supporter, like my self.

The club invited us to the Bulldogs vs Roosters game and also organized a meet and greet with the players. We got a lot of photos to remind us of the day.

My brother also got to catch up with his idol Terry Lamb(who came to my brothers wedding years earlier as a surprise guest). The club did their best to make it a special day for us all and at the end of it presented a signed jersey to my brother.

After my brother passed away, the club sent us a condolence letter along with flowers and a bunch of Bulldog ties for the men to wear at the funeral. My brother was buried in his beloved Bulldogs jersey and in a Bulldogs coffin.

The club means more to me then just a footy team and I will forever be greatful for their time shared with us. I'll be a Bulldog now, forever and always!!
God rest his soul brother, he is in a better place.

PS I already told the missus I want to be buried in my 95 Hyundai jersey and in a Bulldogs coffin too.

Also said I will haunt her if she didn't lol

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

RIP.
RIP to all that have suffered from this insidious disease.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
God rest his soul brother, he is in a better place.

PS I already told the missus I want to be buried in my 95 Hyundai jersey and in a Bulldogs coffin too.

Also said I will haunt her if she didn't lol
Cheers mate. He was adamant in his wishes that he wanted to be in his Bulldog jersey and having a Bulldogs coffin. That was all he cared about when he knew he was dying that that be fulfilled. If you had a chance to meet him and seen his passion for the club there was no way we couldn't do that for him. He was apart of the Bulldogs and the Bulldogs were apart of him...like many of us!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

That's so sad but beautiful at the same time... your brother must have been a pretty special guy to get bulldog ties ,thats very thoughtful of the club. I hope he is Resting in Peace

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Such a touching story..thanks for sharing.. Hopefully he's caught up with Bullfrog and is getting a game..and I'm sure proudly wearing his Bulldogs jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.